rated by 0 users
This post has 378 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,599
Points 119,050

Pat Lancaster:
Since Quilt University is shutting down at the end of the year

I didn't know that. I don't see anything on their website. I'm glad I took the classes when I did. I did the Sampler, Building Blocks, Applique (which was OK but not my favorite) and Advanced Layouts. I actually haven't even started the Advanced Layouts but have saved all the lessons. I'll get to it one of these days (months?)

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,494
Points 46,835

They sent out their newsletter with this notice. Very sad. I understand but I think Carol would probably be disappointed. I took a border class with her that I really enjoyed.

IMPORTANT NOTICE
Quilt U will close at the end of 2013. Carol's sudden death took the wind out of our sails. It’s just not the same without her. The teachers and I agree that an orderly shutdown is the best way to honor her memory. Because Quilt U normally goes on hiatus for the holidays, the end of the year is a natural stopping place.

It also gives everyone one last chance to take those classes they were putting off for whatever reason. You won't be able to "catch it next time". To plan ahead, print out our Calendar and mark what you missed. Registration opens six weeks before a class starts. I'll continue to send a monthly newsletter to remind you that a new batch of classes is open for registration.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,662
Kris replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 3:17 PM

I saw when Carol passed away and just read their latest newsletter today. She was an amazing woman and I enjoyed reading her newsletter. QU will be missed.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,494
Points 46,835

I am currently taking Math for Quilters at Quilt University. It is a good class, but it made me realize that I really need to get back to learning EQ. I "can" do the math, but it takes forever to do the math, draw the pattern, etc. EQ can do it all so much faster and better. I am hoping to discipline myself to make the time and finish the lessons.

• Post Points: 5
Page 26 of 26 (379 items) «Prev2223242526
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use