EQ7 Class Quilt University

rated by 0 users
This post has 378 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,916
Points 124,905

Annie. I just looked at your Quilt U photos. That is so cute and fun what you did with your name. You know what it reminded me of? Spending time in class doodling on my PeeChee when I should have been doing assignments. LOL

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 8:04 AM

Thanks Judy, It brought me back to grammar school when I  used to make my name out of worm like play dough.  I'm glad I'm taking the class, for the knowledge  of the program more than learning appliqué, since I'm not really an appliquer.  I am really looking forward to the next class...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,916
Points 124,905

Holy Socks, Annie. I just looked at the first lesson for Quilt U Building Blocks class.  I copied and pasted each section of lesson 1 into a Word document and scrunched it up and still come up with 35 pages to print. At this rate I'll spend another $30 on ink!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 1:00 AM

Judy,

i hear ya. I printed mine out but haven't looked at it yet. I am about 4 pages from completing the appliqué class. I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. I'm glad I signed up for it. I hope to start building blocks lesson before the end of the week. 

Have you started yet?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,916
Points 124,905

Annie:

I hope to start building blocks lesson before the end of the week. Have you started yet?

Annie, I like Building Blocks better than the Applique class which I'm now behind on. Perhaps I'll work on it today. I'm nearly done with Lesson 1 of Building Blocks, just a couple of the bonus blocks to do. I like Fran's lessons better than Patty's. I think they are better written. 

I just signed up for her Advanced Layout class which begins March 1.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 8:36 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:
I just signed up for her Advanced Layout class which begins March 1.

Judy, I too, like the flow of Fran's lessons.  Although there a re many pages to copy, they do go by quite quickly and seem to be more thorough that Patti's.

I just completed lesson 1 but not the bonus project, maybe before the weekend comes.  

I hadn't realized there was another class to sign up for.  I'm going to mosey on over there and see if it's not too late to sign up.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,916
Points 124,905

Annie, I love your wreath blocks in the Applique class. Beautiful. I haven't gotten to lesson 3 yet and wasn't sure I was going to. But after seeing your blocks, I'm going to work on it today.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 8:22 PM

Thanks, Judy

That's how I felt after seeing your bonus homework blocks, but still haven't gotten to them.  I am in the process of teaching myself how to be a better knitter.  Why I'm starting yet another craft is beyond me.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,916
Points 124,905

Annie

I'll have to go back to the beginning of the applique class to review making the leaves. I don't know why I blocked out on that but I can't make a  proper leaf to save my soul. So, back to the lessons I go.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 8:02 AM

Hi Judy,

I see you have been busy with our class (I saw your uploaded pictures)  They look beautiful and each time I see them, I get inspired to take time to begin a lesson.  I have decided to wait till Monday to start to play catch - up.  I have the entire week off work and that is going to be my main focus.  

I can't wait to learn lots more.

How are you enjoying the classes so far?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,916
Points 124,905

Annie:
How are you enjoying the classes so far?

Annie, I am really enjoying Fran's Building Blocks class.  This time I'm following along with the discussion portion, which I didn't do in the first class. I haven't been on for a few days but I'll jump over there now to see what has been happening. I still have a few of the bonus blocks to complete and should work on those today. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 11:56 AM

Judy,

I haven't participated in the discussions either, maybe another thing to work on next week....

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,916
Points 124,905

Ahh, Annie. It looks like we wouldn't have had to take the Applique class.  I just opened lesson 3 in Fran's Building Blocks class. It has very similar applique instructions but, at first glance, they seem a bit easier to understand.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 5:53 PM

Oh well, repeat education is always good, I guess.  

Just completed lesson 2.  Spent about 2 hours trying to duplicate a circular pattern from an old book, but finally gave up.

It is made up if diamond shapes.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,817
Points 248,489
Barbara replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 9:31 AM

Hi all ,I know this is not a EQ7 class but Quilt University is offer a Math for Quilter class to start on March 22nd, I lately have been finding my math skills are really rusty and if not for Thea I'd have made some simple mistakes in my math,So I signed up for this class in hopes to refresh my skills.I'm having a terrible time with calculating and setting up my quilts .Gee that was hard to admit .LOL    Just letting you all know.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 24 of 26 (379 items) «Prev2223242526Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use