rated by 0 users
This post has 378 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,110
Points 110,300

Annie:

Block Base Sew Along... 

just came across this announcement on "Do you EQ?  Has anyone done one of these?  Seems like fun, a block of the month type of blog.  Not sure how to sign up, as I am very new to the EQ world. 

If anyone is interested, let me know or if anyone has more info about it from having done with, I'd love to hear about it.

Annie. I plan to give this a shot. Will look more into it when we get back home. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,399
Points 45,145

I got the announcement for the Block Base sew along and will do it if I am one of the 5 winners. LOL, I just upgraded to EQ7 and am not ready to make another purchase.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 12:43 PM

I've not done a sew a long before. Does anyone know if there is something to do ahead of time to join?  Not sure what the blog badge is, either?  Anyone?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 1,895
MizPat replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 1:02 PM

Annie:

I've not done a sew a long before. Does anyone know if there is something to do ahead of time to join?  Not sure what the blog badge is, either?  Anyone?

Hi Annie,

A sewalong is just like the Craftsy BOM in that you are given a new block and can make it out of whatever fabric you want. At the end of the group, you'll have a number of blocks to use as you wish. There is no "joining", you just follow along and participate. As for the blog badge, IF you have a blog, you can put the badge on it and people who come to your blog can link to the sewalong from your blog. I don't know if there are any benefits from having people link from your blog; I'm not at all conversant with blogs! The sewalong sounds like fun, though.

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 1,895
MizPat replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 1:05 PM

I believe you will need BlockBase to play along, as the clues are given as block numbers from the software and/or book. They may post the blocks, I don't remember what I read.

in Albuquerque

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 1,895
MizPat replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 1:13 PM

Hi Sheri!

Congratulations on the new Granddaughter! If you email Fran and let her know that life has gotten in the way of the class, she may allow you to take the class the next time it's offered. Be sure to print off the lessons, just in case you can't take the class another time. You'll have a few weeks after the last lesson to finish up the coursework. Then the gallery and forum will close and you won't be able to post your work. You can, however, finish the lessons even after the course closes and I'm sure one of us can help if you get stuck.

Enjoy the Grands and good luck with the class.

in Albuquerque

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 2:46 PM

MizPat,

Thanks for clearing that up for me.  It makes perfect sense now that you explained it.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 2:49 PM

MizPat:

Hi Sheri!

Congratulations on the new Granddaughter! If you email Fran and let her know that life has gotten in the way of the class, she may allow you to take the class the next time it's offered. Be sure to print off the lessons, just in case you can't take the class another time. You'll have a few weeks after the last lesson to finish up the coursework. Then the gallery and forum will close and you won't be able to post your work. You can, however, finish the lessons even after the course closes and I'm sure one of us can help if you get stuck.

Enjoy the Grands and good luck with the class.

Thank you Pat :)  I decided to wait before I paid for the class so I don't have access to it.  I decided to print the lessons from EQ7 and work on those in the meantime. Hopefully, that will make things easy when I finally get to take the class.  It's nice to know I'll have lots of experts here to turn to for help!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 5:05 PM

I did get notification about the BB sew along. Did it start already? I was waiting for additional info. Maybe I missed that part.

northern colorado

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 65
Points 1,090
Starling replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 6:04 PM

I'm about half way through the first lesson. I''ve got 7 blocks. I thought there would be 12, but from the photo it looks like it will be 9. I chose a palate from a graphic shirt I was wearing. The colors were very unusual for me but I'm just loving the way the blocks are coming out.

How is everyone else doing?

Starling

Please visit my blog at http://walkinglifespathagain.blogspot.com/

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 8:02 AM

I have not gotten to work on mine yet ,I have read about half of it. I have been so busy the past few days  and today I'm going to Endora,KS with my guild group to visit a suppose to be very nice quilt shop . More money to spend  LOL   I hope to get to do some work before the week is out .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 8:07 AM

Lillie:

I did get notification about the BB sew along. Did it start already? I was waiting for additional info. Maybe I missed that part.

Lillie,

You haven't missed it - It starts  October 1

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,237
Kris replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 11:34 PM

Ladies,

when the block base QAL starts do you want to start a thread here so we can share the blocks we make? It works well in the swap group when we work on Bonnie Hunter projects. I love to do QALs and have participated in several. It's nice to play with others.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Wed, Sep 19 2012 12:08 AM

Kris:

Ladies,

when the block base QAL starts do you want to start a thread here so we can share the blocks we make? It works well in the swap group when we work on Bonnie Hunter projects. I love to do QALs and have participated in several. It's nice to play with others.

Great idea Kris

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Sep 19 2012 2:17 PM

Kris I think that is a great idea.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 15 of 26 (379 items) «Prev1314151617Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use