Is it 6 yet???

we do have to wait till 6, right?

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,933
Points 125,215

Barbara:

Judy we will keep an eye open for it ,  Can you tell us at least which lesson it was in?  

I'd have to check the lessons when I get home next week. But I think it was at the end of week one in the Bonus section. If no one mentions having a problem once you get to that point I'll post it. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 6:18 PM

Pat Lancaster:

I have to admit I have learned to do things from books so perhaps this venue would work for other classes as well. I admit that I am just spoiled with all the videos on QNNTV and youtube and. . . . .LOL, I was just thinking how I am working on a very old pastime - quilting -  and want all the latest technology. I feel like I have to buy all the latest rulers and every magazine out there. I find it hard to believe that the pioneer women could make the quilts they did with old fabric and not so great scissors and  I complain if my rotary blade is dull. My, my.

LOL Pat. I totally hear ya!!! We are terribly spoiled are we?!?!?!?! Anything and everything to make it easier for us.  lol  I can not even imagine using old scissors and no pattern to make anything. I do have to admit, my rotary cutter is kinda dull and might have a nick it it. And my large Olfa mat is from 1994! I bought a new replacement mat 2 years ago. But, for some reason, I am unwilling to part with my old mat. Go figure.

I have not taken any classes or instruction from QNNTV. Do you like it? What sort of classes are offered? 

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 6:19 PM

Annie:

Is it 6 yet???

we do have to wait till 6, right?

It's 6 somewhere in the world Annie. You go girl friend!   8-)  I wish they had emoticons on this site. 

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,560
Points 47,935

Lillie:

I have not taken any classes or instruction from QNNTV. Do you like it? What sort of classes are offered? 

I don't think QNNTV has any classes. They have programs like Fons and Porter and Eleanor Burns where they demonstrate techniques and usually give the sizes for pieces to cut. I have been known to put my laptop by my machine to follow along with one of them. LOL 

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,834
Points 248,829
Barbara replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 7:08 PM

Ok everyone class is posted, I jut printed mine off and I'm now off to read first.  Good luck everyone.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 65
Points 1,090
Starling replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 7:44 PM

I've printed out my class. I might be able to do some tonight or tomorrow, but my daughter and grandson are coming for the weekend, so probably not until Monday.

There was one student who is asking for a refund. She thought she was getting a live class with a live teacher at 6 pm tonight. She sounds very disappointed. I think she would have been just as disappointed with a Craftsy class.

Starling

Please visit my blog at http://walkinglifespathagain.blogspot.com/

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 9:17 PM

Barbara:

Ok everyone class is posted, I jut printed mine off and I'm now off to read first.  Good luck everyone.  Barbara

I didn't print it yet, will do so now, but I got through to the 8 pointed star.  Too flipping hot here in San Diego.  107 degrees and it's 7pm.  I'm going to find some air-conditioning will do more tomorrow.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,560
Points 47,935

I printed out the lessons, but it wasn't easy. I ran out of ink halfway. Off to Staples I went. I talked with the tech there to see if I could get high capacity ink cartridges. Of course he said and proceeded to sell me incompatible cartridges. Home with the little lovelies only to discover they didn't work. Back to Staples for the standard capacity. Now get this - standard capacity - less ink - cost more than high capacity. Grrrr, won't buy another Epson printer. Anyway I got them printed. Will definitely stock up on paper for this class since we will have a large notebook by the end of the class. I did a little on the class last night because I knew about the very first part of the class. LOL, didn't take long for me to run out of knowledge. This morning my computer wouldn't start, went into recovery and finally got up and running so then I backed up those files that I had good intentions of backing up. Now, hopefully I will have smooth sailing with this computer for a while. Enjoy your lessons, ladies and gents.

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,834
Points 248,829
Barbara replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 7:10 AM

Starling ,I think she should have given it a chance she might be surprised, I think this would be a difficult class to do on video ,it almost has to be done on paper. To bad for here.

Pat ,Your computer issues sound like me, I have an HP printer but I can't get larger print  cartridges either the color one only come in one size I can get the black in bigger .  I to will have to buy more before this class is finished.  I think I have enough paper .  I did get to read about half of the first section last evening ,but was getting so tired  it was not making sense to me when I got to the grid part.  Today I have a guild sew in  and the the challenge party at my LQS ,I entered a quilt and I'm hoping to win first prize of 75.00 gift certificate .. I have my quilt in Show and tell .It the Beezie Summer  one. Wish me luck .LOL   

Good luck everyone I hope to get back to my studies later today. I'm having a little trouble with the gird thing. but it may have just been I was tired and it didn't make sense to me..LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 7:15 AM

Pat Lancaster:

Lillie:

I don't think QNNTV has any classes. They have programs like Fons and Porter and Eleanor Burns where they demonstrate techniques and usually give the sizes for pieces to cut. I have been known to put my laptop by my machine to follow along with one of them. LOL 

Oh I'll have to check them out. QNNTV.com? Thanks Pat.

northern colorado

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 7:40 AM

Well, I finished lesson one with no problems. I liked the bonus lessons. I tried to just look at the blocks and recreate them with out reading what she wrote, and I did pretty good. One of the got me just a little until I read what she wrote, but I slept since then so I don't remember which it was. LOL

I am really glad I signed up for this class. Although, she went over some of what I already new, some of it she explained in a way that made it click better in my mind.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 65
Points 1,090
Starling replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 9:31 AM

Pat Lancaster:

I printed out the lessons, but it wasn't easy. I ran out of ink halfway. Off to Staples I went. I talked with the tech there to see if I could get high capacity ink cartridges. Of course he said and proceeded to sell me incompatible cartridges. Home with the little lovelies only to discover they didn't work. Back to Staples for the standard capacity. Now get this - standard capacity - less ink - cost more than high capacity. Grrrr, won't buy another Epson printer. Anyway I got them printed. Will definitely stock up on paper for this class since we will have a large notebook by the end of the class. I did a little on the class last night because I knew about the very first part of the class. LOL, didn't take long for me to run out of knowledge. This morning my computer wouldn't start, went into recovery and finally got up and running so then I backed up those files that I had good intentions of backing up. Now, hopefully I will have smooth sailing with this computer for a while. Enjoy your lessons, ladies and gents.

Ouch! Here is hoping things will get better.

I used to use Epson as a photo printer. These days I'm not printing photos and I'm using an HP. It also has too many cartridges and costs too much to run for what I really want to do, but at least it has a setting that uses less ink for some of the things I print. Black and white work extremely well at that setting. Color, not so much. It is all just too frustrating.

Starling

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 65
Points 1,090
Starling replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 9:34 AM

Barbara, I think you are right. She should have given it a try. I've done this kind of class for Photoshop and for graphic programs it works very well. I might even try one of the technique classes if one really appeals to me.

I'm busy this weekend too. I wish they released classes on Friday MORNINGS so those of us with less busy days, but busy weekends, could get to the class.

Starling

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,560
Points 47,935

Barbara:

Starling ,I think she should have given it a chance she might be surprised, I think this would be a difficult class to do on video ,it almost has to be done on paper. To bad for here.

I agree Barbara. I guess you could have a laptop sitting beside your pc and watch the class on one and work on EQ7 on the other. LOL, sounds way to complicated for me.

Good luck today at your LQS! Wouldn't we all love to win a $75 gift certificate.

Page 12 of 26 (379 items) «Prev1011121314Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use