EQ7 Class Quilt University

rated by 0 users
This post has 378 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 8:16 AM

Now I'm nervous about the Quilt U forum. LOL

I am getting excited about this class. I really look forward to learning a lot. I plan on taking the one in October too. I want to learn as much as I can about this program so I can get full use out of it.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 10:17 AM

Kellie no reason to be nervous , you will just be printing off the lesson and then doing it yourself. There is no open class per say.  This is why we are doing our chatting here so we can discuss it here, there will also be a discussion group on the class site if you have questions for the instructor.  They are real good about getting back to you and helping out.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,398
Points 45,125

Barbara:
you will just be printing off the lesson and then doing it yourself. There is no open class per say

That is a surprise. I was expecting something on the order of the Craftsy classes where there was a teacher who showed you some things, then you did the work on your own.

Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer work from one computer to another? I put EQ7 on my pc and laptop. I will probably take the laptop with me sometimes and work on something, but would want to go back to the pc when I was home because it is so much easier to see. I am at work or I would look in the manual. However, if someone else has already figured it out I will be glad to use your knowledge.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 2:19 PM

As far as I know, Craftsy is the only online instruction which includes a video of the instructor. I think their format is wonderful. Quit U is just reading and doing. They are really good about getting back to you in a timely manner.

I saved all of the class lessons in a PDF format to my hard drive. Then I can transfer them on a thumb drive, or via home network, to any other computer that I own.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,398
Points 45,125

I guess when I think of a "class" I think of somone actually doing some teaching. I'm really glad there is a group here taking the class at the same time. I know there will be plenty of talking going on here!

I am home and looked in the manual and it tells how o save projects to cds or flash drives. Sounds easy. I was sure it could be done, otherwise why have it on a laptop. I'm ready for Friday now.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,802
Points 352,062
Kris replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 9:33 PM

Lillie:
As far as I know, Craftsy is the only online instruction which includes a video of the instructor.

Annie's Online Classes have video instructions but the classes are not open forever.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 12:31 AM

Barbara:

Kellie no reason to be nervous , you will just be printing off the lesson and then doing it yourself. There is no open class per say.  This is why we are doing our chatting here so we can discuss it here, there will also be a discussion group on the class site if you have questions for the instructor.  They are real good about getting back to you and helping out.  Barbara

Barbara, do you know there is a time limit on the class?  If there is no instructor, when can't we access them anytime like crafty?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 6:48 AM

Annie , I think they give you about 3 weeks after the class closed to finish up what your doing , That is why its good to print everything off,  NO its not a forever thing. You should be able to get in after you get your password today, and then you can at least look over a little of the class, just not the lessons. but the instructor will have a syllabus set up .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 7:49 AM

Kris:

Lillie:
As far as I know, Craftsy is the only online instruction which includes a video of the instructor.

Annie's Online Classes have video instructions but the classes are not open forever.

Good to know about Annie's classes. I've never taken on of hers. Are there some good ones you can suggest?

northern colorado

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 9:31 AM

I just got my password... YAY!!!! Now to wait for class to start tomorrow evening.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 9:48 AM

Yeah I just got mine as well , already left a message to Fran saying hello and letting her know there is a group fo us taking the class. looked thru some of the stuff thath I could get into  and printed off a few things.   oh the fun we will have ...

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 65
Points 1,090
Starling replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 10:17 AM

Barbara:

Yeah I just got mine as well , already left a message to Fran saying hello and letting her know there is a group fo us taking the class. looked thru some of the stuff thath I could get into  and printed off a few things.   oh the fun we will have ...

Yup, me too. I described myself as Stella from PA.

The forum there is a very old fashioned Web based forum which is why I think a lot of people have trouble with it. But it should be easy enough to ask a question and get an answer. She said that the students should not share answers, but that she will look for questions every day. So if you want student answers, you probably should post those questions here. Posting to the gallery is not going to be easy, which explains why so few examples seem to exist.

I'm very experienced with Web based forums and their galleries, and these are extremely old fashioned. The software that runs them must be a good 10 years old. But lessons that get printed out tend to work well with computer based classes, and that is the kind of class we bought. And we can help one another here easily enough if Quilt University's system doesn't work out.

Has anyone taken a technique class with them? How did that work out?

Starling

Please visit my blog at http://walkinglifespathagain.blogspot.com/

• Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 285
AAnnieC replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 11:30 AM

Hey Folks,

I registered for the EQ7 Sampler class 2 nights ago and awaiting my password.  I just wanted to say hello. I don't know what to expect, excited though. This is my first ever online class. Hope, it teaches me how to keep my lines from disappearing when I try to draw blocks. lol

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 209
Points 2,170
StefiKay replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 12:34 PM

AAnnieC:
I registered for the EQ7 Sampler class 2 nights ago and awaiting my password.

Hi ! I'm sure we will all learn as much from chatting to each other here as from the class. I just got my password, you'll probably have yours soon.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,802
Points 352,062
Kris replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 2:23 PM

Lillie:
Good to know about Annie's classes. I've never taken on of hers. Are there some good ones you can suggest?

The only quilting class going right now is machine appliqué. There are crochet, knitting and general sewing classes as well. 

Annie's Catalog Online Classes

Page 10 of 26 (379 items) «Prev89101112Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use