welcome to all new members 2014

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,199
Points 253,527
Thea Posted: Sat, Nov 1 2014 8:38 AM

Good morning, I was wondering why I had an influx of new member requests this morning and then saw the highlight about the group in the newsletter.

The steps are all done for the double wedding ring quilt and if you have any questions about one of the steps feel free to contact me.  I have my book here somewhere and can help you with the size that you want to make.

I did this quilt using John Flynn's step by step guide and then put some tips in here for each step to assist you in making the double wedding ring his way.  You will need to buy his book and his templates to make this quilt this way.  There are many different sizes  - so read through the pages and then if you have any questions please email me - altheafoster@att.net

Welcome and I hope that you have as much fun as I did making this quilt.

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 20
Jean replied on Sat, Nov 1 2014 9:20 AM

I could not find this book on his site!  Found the temp lets but did not buy as the workbook was not on line. I wonder if this info is to old for new members.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,199
Points 253,527
Thea replied on Sat, Nov 1 2014 1:45 PM

Jean - I found it on Amazon... but if you buy the templates they all come with instructions for the quilt - the book has directions and cutting instructions for all sizes - that is the advantage of the book - but you do need to buy the templates separate even if you buy the book...

http://www.amazon.com/Flynns-Double-Wedding-Step--Workbook/dp/0962788902/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414870992&sr=8-1&keywords=double+wedding+ring+book+John+Flynn

this won was priced at $33 but I saw it used for $19

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 90

This welcome is the only thread I see in the group.  Is there a way to see all the other ones?  I went into the RSS link but is only shows a few replies to other discussions.  I tried to track back but could not get to step 1.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,600
Points 48,465

Jane, on the Discussion page you will see "Sorting and Filtering" in red letters. Click on that and in the "By Date" section choose "Newer than a Year", then choose "Save and Apply" You should then get a list of the discussions for the previous year. Welcome!

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 982
Points 16,925

Thanks Thea for all you do.  When all my Christmas presents are completed I hope to start on this.  Hope you are feeling okay.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,199
Points 253,527
Thea replied on Tue, Nov 4 2014 4:08 PM

Donna and anyone else that wants to do this quilt - this was my absolutely favorite quilt style for years when I was learning how to quilt oh so many years ago.  I wanted to make one of these so bad.  there were so so so many pieces to cut and keep separated to sew together.  then I found the John Flynn method and I tried it - my first two were really small ones - just lap size but I had fun making them - I sewed them by machine but hand quilted them - and when I started this group I did my large one - it is still waiting to be quilted and now that i have my long arm and once I feel really confident I will quilt it.  

But mostly what I wanted to tell everyone - I have done the steps here one by one and given all my tips to the steps that John Flynn does - somethings I found what I think were easier ways to do it.  If you have any questions, I will help you as much as I can - please read through all the steps though as I may have answered the question that you have.  

Now this is the only way I make double wedding rings - there are many other methods out there - I can't help you with those - I am sure though that there is someone that can.  But if you want to do this quilt - I do highly recommend the John Flynn method - it is simple and is a true double wedding ring when you get done.  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 982
Points 16,925

Thank again Thea for all you do for us.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.