General Discussions - Please Read all steps and read here!

rated by 0 users
This post has 78 Replies | 17 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 907
Points 16,795

Thank you so much for the advise.     I will definitely see what I can find & get back to work on finishing it.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,481
Points 244,382
Thea replied on Wed, Feb 15 2012 5:47 AM

Patricia Faye:

Hello Thea,

Well my granddaughter decided not to make her appearance until 1/3/12 but she is healthy & adorable.  I loved being able to be there for her birth and to help out until 1/26.  I hated to have to leave.  Will be making a trip to Maryland again at the end of May.

Before I left for Maryland in December, I ran into a problem with not having enough background fabric to continue with my quilt.  I still haven't been able to find any that matches my background fabric.  I found some fabric in Maryland that I thought would match (of source I forgot to take a sample with me to Maryland) but it is too dark.  I will be going into to town on Thursday so will check at 2 of the local quilt stores to see if they have a possible match.  

But what do I do if I can't find a match?  I would appreciate any suggestions you might have.  

Patricia, I am sorry I haven't been here to answer any questions - I had a family emergency and although I am not home yet I do have an internet connection today so that I can spend some time online answering the questions.

In reference to your problem with the background fabric - if you are unable to get anything that completely matches - I would get something in the same color line and closely match and then alternate your blocks - if you only need enough extra fabric for 1 or 2 rows - you could do the different fabric for background on the top and bottom... or the corners if you only need say 4 blocks - and do the other fabric on the outside with the original fabric on the inside... we can work this out...

If you really want to find the matching fabric - do you have the selvage - it should have the name of manufacturer and the dye line - we could hunt for it that way - let me know - I will help search for you!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 60
susanh-17 replied on Tue, Jul 24 2012 6:13 PM

Hi ,

I'm trying to find the steps,but I can't find them in order. I tried call customer service for helpand they never came on the line. Then I tried leaving them a message and I've not heard back;so I thought I'd try you by this method. As you can see I on the right page but when I hit next, it skips to four. Can you Help me? I'm ready now to start the quilt top. I'm making the 15inch circle I havenot yet decided if I'll make the whole quilt the rings or not. But in the I wll have a king size. Also I thought I should remind you that I'm making the Indian wedding ring.

Thanks Again

Susanh-17

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,882
Points 367,022
Kris replied on Tue, Jul 24 2012 6:33 PM

Susan,

go to the top of this thread and click on "Discussions" when the list comes up you'll see "Sorting and Filtering" Change the date to "see all". Then apply and save. YOu'll see all the steps.

Page 6 of 6 (79 items) «Prev23456
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use