Progress Photos

rated by 0 users
This post has 74 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,124
Points 386,837
Kris Posted: Thu, Jan 1 2015 10:53 AM

Please use this thread for progress photos. Completed rows, groups of blocks, triangles, sections of the quilts and, of course your completed "Baby Janes".

Let us know how you're coming along in your journey as you tackle your Jane Stickle sampler.

• Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 220
Points 3,785

MoosebeShack

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 220
Points 3,785

Here it is!!!.  Not perfect but finished. (Not complete).  Someday I will post a photo after it is quilted and bound.  JAS

MoosebeShack

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,124
Points 386,837
Kris replied on Thu, Jan 1 2015 8:08 PM

Wonderful Jane. You did an amazing job with this. Congratulations on getting this far and WTG on making the triangles fit. I love the colour of the setting triangles. You should be proud of your accomplishment.

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 740
Points 12,095

Jane, I am speechless!  This is AMAZING!  And your triangle adjustments turned out GREAT.  Ditto Kris, I love the color of the setting triangles.  Jane you are an inspiration to us all.  Congratulations and it is simply beautiful!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,277
Points 25,665

Here are my completed rows  A - F  that haven't been posted on QCA.   I started my Dear Jane December 5, 2013 and my goal is to finish it in 2015.  I'm on my way!

I've also finished  rows G - I but will enter them in the individual threads after I finish photographing them.  I'll be away visiting my daughter 1/6 - 2/6 so won't be able to work on DJ while I'm there.  Will continue when I get back home.  

Row A

Row B

Row C

Row D

Row E

Row F

• Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 740
Points 12,095
Patricia4 replied on Fri, Jan 2 2015 10:17 PM

Wow Patricia Faye, fabulous!  You are definitely well on your way!  These are just fantastic!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 141,470

Beautiful Patricia Faye, really lovely.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,124
Points 386,837
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 3 2015 7:26 PM

Very nice Patricia Faye. You're making good progress.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 82
Points 1,175
Tammy replied on Sun, Jan 4 2015 7:28 PM

Wow Patricia these are so beautiful! I'm a newbie waiting for my book/cd to come this week and wondering if I could actually finish something this huge and you've inspired me. I can't wait to start and hope one day to post photos as well. Thanks!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,277
Points 25,665

Thanks Judy T, Kris & Tammy.   Tammy, you'll be completing them soon.  Just take your time & don't get discouraged.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 483
Points 6,835

Jane, your quilt top is amazing!  Congratulations on getting it done!

Patricia Faye, your blocks are also amazing!  You have already done so much!

I'm hoping to start on mine next month, but I know it will not be completed for several years!

Barbara

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 740
Points 12,095

Well Barbara, I'm on track for about a 20-year completion date, haha!  I keep trying to speed that up and I'll get a few done, but then it's a long time until the next group.  Trying to keep it going though!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 220
Points 3,785

Thank you Babara.  Some advice to all of you.  Don't rush making your squares.  As you all know, I put a deadline on finishing my quilt.  Sometimes I had to work on it when I really did not want to, those times were not fun.  Let this be a fun project and take all the time you need and want.  I started hand quilting mine tonight.  Got one square done and part of another.  This part I will take my time and it will be fun.  The first thing that happened was one of my cats came and got on top of the quilt frame so had to wait for him to get down. (Maybe I should not be too slow as I am old.)

Fondly,  Jane

MoosebeShack

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,124
Points 386,837
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 10 2015 9:15 PM

This is a photo of my partially assembled top with the triangles I've made. I was putting my blocks together as I completed a row. I have more finished just not added. Progress halted when I misplaced the whole thing. I think it all went missing for almost two years; possibly more. Not sure when I'll actually start sewing again but I hope it's soon:

Page 1 of 5 (75 items) 12345Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.