General Discussion, Off Topic, etc

rated by 0 users
This post has 397 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,965
Points 384,097
Kris Posted: Sun, Dec 21 2014 12:43 PM

As we begin yet another new chapter, here's a new discussion thread to start the new year. Thank you all for your support and your patience as I try to get the duplicate threads cleaned up. The previous thread was started by Thea and can be found here.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,748
Points 139,700

Nice new thread all ready to be filled up.  Thanks Kris.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,965
Points 384,097
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 21 2014 9:36 PM

You're welcome Judy.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,965
Points 384,097
Kris replied on Wed, Dec 24 2014 12:39 PM

Merry Christmas Ladies. I hope it's a safe and happy one for all of you.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 251
Points 3,890
hhhdmh replied on Wed, Dec 24 2014 12:46 PM

Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy New Year  too!!

God Bless

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 218
Points 3,745

Thanks Kris.   We will be heading back home (NC) Sunday morning, will take three days and arrive on Tuesday afternoon.  It has been a wonderful five weeks with our Children and old friends.  We lived in Florida for 40 years.

Will post pictures of my DJ when I get home.  It is finished, (not complete) still have to hand quilt it.  Am not putting a dead line on that part of it.  

Kris and all the Ladies,  Have a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

JAS

MoosebeShack

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 677
Points 11,105
Patricia4 replied on Wed, Dec 24 2014 8:18 PM

Jane, can't wait to see your photos.  I know it is wonderful!  Congratulations on the finish!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 218
Points 3,745

Thanks Patricia!!  I really like the way it turned out even with all my problems with the triangles.  I ended up cutting them down to fit.  It did mess up the design on some of them, but after attaching them I don't think anyone will notice.  It is 11:00pm Christmas Eve.  Have a Blessed Christmas Day.

Fondly,  JAS

MoosebeShack

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,199
Points 23,720

Hello, I started working on my Dear Jane blocks again but I'm a little confused about where & how to post my blocks.  I looked at a lot of the older posts but couldn't find any information as how we are to post them.  I looked in " pages"  but I couldn't access any of them & the one I could access didn't allow me to post a reply.  Can one of you help me out!  Thank you.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 677
Points 11,105
Patricia4 replied on Fri, Dec 26 2014 7:19 PM

Hi Patricia Faye -- Since we lost our group leader Jaycee, Kris has graciously and valiantly volunteered to take the helm.  She is in the process of re-organizing the threads back into one thread for each individual block, instead of a thread for each entire row, because the consensus was that most preferred the individual block threads.  Not all of the threads are up and running yet, but Kris is getting it done as she can.  The "old" row threads are "locked" so that you can no longer post to them.

If you go to "Pages", then to "Links to Block Threads" -- the ones that are in red are up and running.  The ones in black are not yet accessible.

So glad you are back on your DJ blocks!  I have been getting back to mine also, and been on a pretty good run for the last month.  Looking forward to seeing your posts!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,748
Points 139,700

I'm following this but haven't gotten back to DJ yet. My completed blocks are on the shelf right above my machine so I see them every time I sit down to work on my latest project; a big 98x98 quilt. Almost finished the quilting then the binding. Whew be happy to see the backside of this one.

Looking forward to getting back to DJ early January.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 677
Points 11,105
Patricia4 replied on Sat, Dec 27 2014 8:50 AM

Yay Judy!  It will be fun to have an active group again!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,965
Points 384,097
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 27 2014 11:11 AM

Hello Patricia Faye. Patricia is correct. I'm doing clean up. Jacy created a lot of duplicate threads so I had to find and lock many of them. I'm slowly weeding through and creating links to the block threads. I wish I could merge threads then this would be a simpler task. Some blocks are two to a thread others are just one. I'll move blocks from locked threads to active ones after I have all active links in place. 

I'm still getting QCA generated errors occasionally so that slows the process even more. I really appreciate everyone's patience.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,199
Points 23,720

Thank you both (Patricia & Kris) for the update.   I know about the QCA generated errors & how it can slow you down.

I know everyone appreciates your hard work on this & getting the group back on track.   Once that is done, you may want to also consider updating the Dear Jane Guidelines in the Pages section &  delete the "Block Schedule" since they are out of date & can cause a lot of confusion. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,748
Points 139,700

Kris:

Hello Patricia Faye. Patricia is correct. I'm doing clean up. Jacy created a lot of duplicate threads so I had to find and lock many of them. I'm slowly weeding through and creating links to the block threads. I wish I could merge threads then this would be a simpler task. Some blocks are two to a thread others are just one. I'll move blocks from locked threads to active ones after I have all active links in place. 

I'm still getting QCA generated errors occasionally so that slows the process even more. I really appreciate everyone's patience.

So, let me see if I have this straight. Say I have an urge to make a block, A-12. When I'm done can I go ahead and post it to the link for A12 (which shows active)? Or do you want us to wait until you've unsnarled everything? Whatever is fine with me, I'm in no hurry. You do whatever you need to do Kris, in whatever time frame works.

Page 1 of 27 (398 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use