rated by 0 users
This post has 363 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,122
Points 386,827
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 6:12 PM | Locked

Jacy:

Nice blocks Kris, even though you posted them over a year ago!

Now that we have this group going again,  we will (eventually) get to those blocks you have done so you can post them in their thread. You do such beautiful work.

Thanks Jacy. It's nice to revisit these. I'd forgotten about them.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,122
Points 386,827
Kris replied on Thu, Jan 23 2014 1:38 PM | Locked

I'm having a hard time commenting on everybody's blocks with all of QCA's errors. I'm loving all the ones I've seen so far.

Also; thanks for all the kind compliments on my blocks.

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,385
Jeanette Kennedy Asiala replied on Sun, Jan 26 2014 6:22 AM | Locked

Well I am getting feed up with this site.  I am surprised I got on today.  I was not able to get in until Thursday afternoon then I was on long enough to see tjis weeks assignment and then got shut out again.  Like you Kris I can not get in and when I do I can not get into any of the group sites.  I am also not getting anyones emails when you posts.  This site is getting worse.   I hope to get all mine finished today.  Just wanted to let everyone know that I love all of your blocks. Hopefully tne site will stay up for awhile.  I love getting everyone emails.

Jeanette

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 38
Points 770
Cynthia H. replied on Sun, Jan 26 2014 8:54 AM | Locked

Jeanette (and all):

I had the same errors for a whole day.  I did find that if I just left my browser sitting on the page (and went to tab and created a new page and spent some time in the other page doing whatever) and then returned after some minutes, what i was hoping to do would be up.  Don't know if things are slow on my end or the websites but I do know we are all homebound and on the internet, lol!  We have had almost a foot of snow in the last two days.  Yesterday the streets were tough to navigate (ran to the store) so I have no idea what they will be like today with the additional 5 inches!  Oh my!  I am in Northern Indiana.

Please, please don't get so frustrated you leave us Jeanette.  I am enjoying your blocks so much (though I haven't been doing much commenting as I have been wildly busy with some projects at home).

Blessings!

Cynthia

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 740
Points 12,080
Patricia4 replied on Sun, Jan 26 2014 10:16 AM | Locked

I'm in Southern California - no snow issues - but have had trouble the last few days getting on to the site as well.  Since I am not have trouble getting on to any other sites, it must be the QCA site - maybe their server isn't big enough to handle all the traffic or something.  Frustrating!  But I seem to be able to get on after a few tries by just waiting a while.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 164
Points 2,875
Brenda replied on Sun, Jan 26 2014 12:15 PM | Locked

Patricia,  What part of Southern California are you?  I live near San Diego, in a town called Ramona.  It sure has been warm and dry here hasn't it.

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,385
Jeanette Kennedy Asiala replied on Sun, Jan 26 2014 4:53 PM | Locked

Cynthia, I am not at that point and I probably wouldn't  leave because I enjoy everyones company.  That is the reason everyone is getting upset, we don't get are emails to chat.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 164
Points 2,875
Brenda replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 12:46 AM | Locked

I am having trouble with paper piecing my DJ Blocks.  I will start again in the morning.  I think I am cutting my fabric to small. I will keep everyone posted.  Wish me well.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 164
Points 2,875
Brenda replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 12:48 AM | Locked

I have also put aside all applique blocks for right now.  One thing at a time, LOL

Baby Steps I say.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 740
Points 12,080
Patricia4 replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 12:48 PM | Locked

Brenda, first of all I am sorry, I did answer your post a few days ago about what part of SoCal I live in, but I see now that my reply was not posted -- I can only attribute it to the multitudes of access problems we have all been having with QCA lately!  I live about 75 miles north of Los Angeles.  We do regularly get freezing temps and snow every winter, but as you said, it has been very warm and dry this year!  San Diego is one of my family's favorite vacation spots, so I am familiar with your area.  Would love to be able to live there!

I am new at paper piecing also, and I have found that I need to cut my pieces very generously, and that helps a lot.  When you think it is big enough, add another half inch all around!  As to applique, I am struggling with it also -- have been doing it by machine, but noticing everyone's very  nice hand applique work and think I might want to try it.  Just need to garner the time and the patience....!

Baby Steps absolutely - all are steps forward!  Hang in there, and it will all come together.  Keeping good thoughts for your progress!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 72
Points 1,700
Sandra replied on Sat, Feb 8 2014 9:59 PM | Locked

This is a photo of my Dear Jane EQ program - as I make the blocks I enter them on the quilt program and color the block to what I used (or close to it) and this way I am keeping motivated! Not to say the final layout will go this way, but it helps me keep track!!!There are some blocks we haven't done yet (they are ones I did in my other class...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,122
Points 386,827
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 9 2014 2:14 PM | Locked

Very nice Sandra. I keep track of mine the same way. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,674
Points 63,985
Jacy replied on Fri, Mar 14 2014 2:01 PM | Locked

bump

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 740
Points 12,080
Patricia4 replied on Fri, Mar 14 2014 4:09 PM | Locked

....in the road?  It has been pretty quiet around here lately, hasn't it!  Well I am just plain behind on my DJs and don't even see hope of getting back to it for another couple of weeks.  : (    Not giving up though, and still admiring everyone's great work and beautiful blocks.  Personally I am finding it harder to follow the block threads with them being in rows instead of individual blocks.  But still trying to keep up with watching what everyone is doing.  Keep it up, gals!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 740
Points 12,080
Patricia4 replied on Fri, Mar 14 2014 4:12 PM | Locked

Sandra, I have the DJ EQ software also but am having trouble using the chart like you are using here.  It gives some specific (and very compliated) instructions for scanning the actual physical block.  But I don't see where we can just paste the EQ pattern into the chart, and color it.  What am I missing?

Page 15 of 25 (364 items) «Prev1314151617Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.