General Chit Chat...

rated by 0 users
This post has 362 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,820
Points 248,549
Barbara replied on Thu, Apr 7 2011 7:08 AM

Thea be careful on your trip and have a really good lime. If you take Interstate 35 you are gonna be going by my town of Liberty once you get out of Kansas City.. Take care of your self  Please...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,694
Points 248,837
Thea replied on Thu, Apr 7 2011 7:14 PM

Barbara - thank you - I am not sure yet whether I am going to be able to go - I keep hoping that I will feel better - I went to guild on Monday in Ponca and it is about an 80 mile trip one way - well since then I have been so exhausted again - I am sleeping almost more then I am awake - but the sun came out this afternoon and I started to feel better so I am hoping that the weather eases up and allows me the time to heal and get energized.  I am starting to figure out what I am going to take although I haven't looked up my route yet - i do know that I will be taking I-35 and will be needing a big break when I get to Liberty - so I just need to figure out what time I am going to leave and what time I will be getting to Liberty.    So see I really want to go - so my body is just going to have to behave itself and understand that it will be a nice drive...lol

I am going to take it very easy and I plan on stopping many times along my route at quilt shops...lol  Now to get some energy...teehee

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Fri, Apr 8 2011 6:24 PM

Thea,

I hope you get to take your trip. Be careful and have fun with your GD.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,694
Points 248,837
Thea replied on Fri, Apr 22 2011 1:22 AM

I made it to MN and am back home - it was a 11 hour drive so I drove it straight through - I was going to stop when dark got there but was so close and thought if I stopped I would have a hard time getting in the car to continue.  I had had to fight the wind horribly all the way there - that wind that caused all those Tornados - if I had known it was forecasted I might not have gone - but since i didn't - lol - I drove... 

My GD was just fantastic - such a sweetie and we had a great time together - my GS is no slouch either - quite the little entertainer.  The kids have bought a house they found out the day I left - so that is a fantastic thing.  I'll post some pictures when I down load them of the grand kids... 

On the way home I stopped in Sioux City to get gas and looked over and low and behold a quilt shop - well you know I went shopping...lol

I worked on Cat Acatemy while there and got quite a lot done... since I have been home I have been just recuperating.  I have tidied up my home - did some work in the garden and vegged in my chair... my arms are so so very sore - fighting that wind there and back - and having them up on the steering wheel where they normally aren't ... but it was all worth it.  

Thank you for all your prayers for a safe journey - I think that is what got me there and home in one piece.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Fri, Apr 22 2011 2:57 PM

Thea,

I'm glad you were able to make it to see the grand kids. How great to have found a new quilt shop too.

I look forward to seeing Cat Acatemy. I wanted to buy it but I'm not starting anything new until I get something completed.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Sat, Apr 23 2011 7:22 PM

thea,  what fun to visit the grand kids, don't they just grow like weeds.   i'm glad you had a safe trip,  your weather sounds like it has been awful.   i don't know which other groups you visit, so i wanted to let you know that later tonight i wil post my first block in the halloween quilt, the owl,  in applique group.  have you worked on yours yet?  i don't know why it has taken me this long, but the first block is just too danged cute,  it's motivating me to get busy on it.  it is also, one of the more complicated blocks i've done, what with all the little owl pieces.  i miss you out on forums   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,694
Points 248,837
Thea replied on Fri, Apr 29 2011 11:59 AM

Kris, I didn't buy the BOM of Cat acatemy - just the pattern - I have decided patterns are better for me as I have this huge stash of fabrics that need to be used up - I have the center done now and am working on the eyes - I have all but one cat with eyes that I like - lol - and they are hard to do - cat's eyes are too complicated and my arthritic hands are hating me right now. 

But that is probably nothing to do with sewing - Jay got the walk in pantry ready to be painted and I have been painting - I remember when I painted a whole room in less then 3 hours - now - well lets say I am on my 3rd gallon of paint and still do not have the first coat on the whole room - I do have all the shelves but the very top one done - Jay is going to have to do that one as it is too high up for me - then yesterday when I opened that 3rd gallon and was starting to paint on the side of the closet where coats will be hung and where the huge fish tank is - well I almost dropped the gallon of paint - only spilled about 1 oz - but my hands said enough is enough - moving the paint brush back and forth was only strength of my stubborn will - I got that one section where the coats go with the first coat and quit - Jay ordered me not to pick up the paint brush today and since I have my small group today I probably won't but it is so close to being ready - I have moved all my canned goods into it already and it is so neat to be able to stand and see all my canned goods, pasta, and my extra things that I keep on hand - the unopened miracle whip, mustard, catsup etc... It feels wonderful - no more crouching down on the floor to dig through my cupboards... 

I am hurting pretty bad today - trying to get ready to go to group - showered and couldn't pick up my blow dryer so I used Mother Nature to dry my hair - she is blowing at about 40 kts outside and the hair dried in about 2 minutes...lol...  I have taken my pain meds and hoping I can hold a needle as group is hand projects and discussion - so have to be able to hold one - at the moment - my hands are super stiff and hate me... not fair...

Gini - no I have not started my Halloween BOM - or the Christmas one that I have ordered - I have I think 8 blocks for each quilt that have arrived - I have them in a special place - and keep telling myself when the newest one arrives that I need to start on them - I know those pieces are going to be very challenging - did you do needle turn applique or some other form - I know there is no way my hands will allow the needle turn.  I got the Christmas BOM first and started the angels and remember those tiny pieces - it was back when I was getting ready to go to Chicago...it is still in the package - I am going to try and use Beth Ferrier's method... with teh C&T Publishing washaway applique sheets - I will be checking out your block - really can't wait to see it and once I am done with the projects that are on my sewing table now - might just get busy with it... these hands have got to behave first.

I have to tell you I do not miss the forum - it was too stressful for me - I am too sensitive for that type of forum and probably never would have done it had Jodie not asked me to - I am happy over here in DJ - we have fun here and I don't have to worry too much.  

I have to post some pictures of Echo and Reese here - it was so so so much fun seeing them and now that I know that I can make it up there in less then 11 hours I may be visiting them more often - Brandon and Cassie bought a small home and move in in June so once they are in the home I won't have to get a hotel room so it will just be the cost of the gas to get there - I am hoping to try and go up this summer - take my embroidery machine and help Cassie with some decorations for her new kitchen - i am buying some more designs there and then there will be the clothes to make for Echo who will start kindergarten in the fall and she will need a special Nana Thea dress for the first day!

I am sure you have seen the advertisements on TV for PajamaGrams - well this January I bought them for the Brandon's whole family - I couldn't get pictures of Brandon and Cassie in theirs(although I have heard that they did wear them all the time - even out to family gatherings...teehee) - but here are Echo and Reese posing in their outfits for Nana... Aren't they just adorable...

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Fri, Apr 29 2011 1:26 PM

yes, thea, your grandbabies are very cute, they look so snuggy in their jammies.

i am doing needleturn, those are some tiny pieces to be turning under.  i am planning on using it on the wall, so i don't know why i think i need to hand applique. fusables would be just fine.  oh, well, in for a penny in for a pound, i'll finish it one day.  

and as for finishing one day.  i found the ten blocks i had  cut out .   my progress here kinda ground to a stop when i lost them.  now that they've popped out of hiding i can get going again      gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Fri, Apr 29 2011 6:34 PM

Thea, so happy you had a wonderful time. Your granbabies are so beautiful.

[Ava, Missouri

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Sat, Apr 30 2011 2:03 AM

Thea,

it's good to hear from you. Your grandchildren are indeed adorable. I love the pjs. I think I need some of those for next winter.

Sorry to hear you're hurting so much. You really should take it easy but I know how hard it is to just do nothing so be careful.

I've been having some trouble with pain management lately as well so Lyrica has been added to my pill regimen. It's been two days so far and all I can say about it is that it make me feel like my body is not my own.

I saw a few BOMs I like and I think I'll follow your lead and just get the patterns.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,820
Points 248,549
Barbara replied on Sat, Apr 30 2011 10:52 AM

T hea  what beautiful garandbabies, I'm so gald that you got to see them and had a good time on your visit.  sorry to hear you having having difficulties today,I so know the feeling . We worked outside yesterday getting the rest of the plants in and by time we were finished my legs and feet were in such agony .. I had had 2 good days were they didn't bother me so that was wonderful..  Well t ake care of yourself and I keep saying alittle pray  for ya ...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,694
Points 248,837
Thea replied on Sat, Apr 30 2011 3:28 PM

kris, I tried Lyrica a few years back and felt like I was not in charge of my life anymore - still had the pain - doctor said I had to give it 30 - 60 days and told him I didn't think so - I gave it long enough - found out it is just a derivation of neurontin and i don't like that drug at all - I hope it works for you but if you don't get any relief I say give that one up.  I do not have anything good to say about it.

Gini - I might need to get some help from you on the Halloween BOM - I have lost the 4th block - searched everywhere - I will continue to search but I might ask if you could copy the pattern and send it to me... so mad - not sure what could have become of it - maybe it got put in the magazine box - I'll let you know when it gets closer to my making the quilt.

Barbara - today is a better day - since I basically took yesterday off from doing anything my hands have eased up - they are still a little stiff - but the day is beautiful outside - sunny - we are supposed to have thunderstorms again tomorrow so not looking forward to it - and I have a ton of annuals still to get in the ground - trying but only so much energy - have to get my tomato bushes in the bigger pots too - decided to just grow them in pots rather then make a vegetable garden - so I will have a vegetable pot garden this year...teehee...

I am working on Cat Acatemy and the lady who wrote this pattern needs to go to pattern writing class - it is not working out - I went back and remeasured everything and it isn't working - so i am rewriting the mouse border so that it works.  I can't figure out what has happened - but I will figure this out... glad I checked to see if the border was going to work before i applique'd all the mice down... argh!!! 

It is on my list to do this evening - so far am still being very lazy - I hope also to get some more painting done today too.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,820
Points 248,549
Barbara replied on Sun, May 1 2011 9:12 AM

Thea, glad to hear you are feeling a little better, Yesterday I finally got a storage spot to start putting all our "stuff" in. My new bed a mattress are suppose to be here Monday, We just have a few more things to move out of the extra room downstairs which will be my bedroom now,  I purchased one of those memory mattress like the expensive one you see on TV, but I purchased a different brand  that was not 2500,00 dollars ,I just about fell over when I saw the prices for those mattresses. I'm getting a really nice platform bed that is lower to the floor ,I did some research on the mattress i purchased and it had good reviews. I purchased it all from Overstock . I'll let you know how it all comes out. At least I will not have to climb all the stairs now to get to bed,even poor Angel is having trouble getting up and down them.

I wanted to tell you that I am not familiar with the Cat Academy ,project that you are working on.is there some place to check it out ,web site??  I

I still have to go out and till my small garden space and get the few vegas I'm putting in there planted and we will just about be done with the planting .I have one more spot that has to be cleaned up .an some things put in but not sure yet what I'm going to do ... I hope you have a pleasant Sunday and not so painful one as I hope to have...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Sun, May 1 2011 12:13 PM

Barbara,

Here's a link to Cat Acatemy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,820
Points 248,549
Barbara replied on Sun, May 1 2011 11:36 PM

Kris thank you ,what a pretty quilt, ,don't think I'm ready for that yet lol..Looks like its difficult... Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 10 of 25 (363 items) «Prev89101112Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use