General Chit Chat...

rated by 0 users
This post has 230 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,243
Points 239,807
Thea Posted: Fri, Jan 7 2011 6:34 PM

Well, I am doing so much better since I started the Enbrel that I am getting ready to start catching up on my Dear Jane blocks.

I printed out all the block directions today and am putting them in my binder - I will pull my fabrics once again for my quilt... Getting excited about this project once again... Something about January...teehee...

I am starting the satin stitching on my Chrissy Down Under quilt and want to finish it completely before I take the time to work on a different quilt - but think I am going to start making myself a schedule and setting aside one day for DJ... one day each week... I will work on the current blocks and then work on back blocks - we shall see... I look forward to finding any helps and hints in prior posts...

Thea is off and running in 2011... amazingly how the Enbrel is helping me so much.  The lady at the commissary told me today that she hadn't seen me looking so happy and healthy in a long time - she said it was wonderful not to see me using my cane and not having that look of pain in my eyes... I told her it felt great too.  I know I will never be totally pain free for the rest of my life but it sure is nice to know that I don't have to worry from day to day whether I will be able to do anything that I want to do. 

Well, that is the only post about my health that I am going to post - from this point on - all posts will be about quilting...

I hope you all will use this thread for talking about anything you want - that way we can leave the other threads for the specifics of the Dear Jane block they are on!  I will totally appreciate this if you do!  And I know a lot of other members who have complained about all the talk on posts that have nothing to do with the subject of the post will be happy too...

So anyway, this is our thread here in Dear Jane for general chit chat.

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Sat, Jan 8 2011 2:52 AM

thea  i am so happy the enbrel is working for you.    happy quilting       gini

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 8 2011 4:16 AM

Althea :
Thea is off and running in 2011... amazingly how the Enbrel is helping me so much.

Oh yeah. Watch Thea crank out those quilts, leaving us in the dust. Glad you're feeling better.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Jan 8 2011 7:23 AM

Thea ,bless your heart ,I'm so happy to hear that you are finally on the med that is going to work for you , I look fofward to seeing some of your blocks..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,243
Points 239,807
Thea replied on Fri, Jan 14 2011 11:51 AM

Barb, For 2 1/2 years I felt like I was going crazy... it is amazing to me that now that I am back on the Enbrel i am almost off my pain meds... almost but not quite yet - that is my goal though. 

My Pfaff gave up last night - the screen went purple - it had been flickering for about 5 months and the tech told me he has seen this happen about 3 times - it is a $1000 fix - so upsetting to me - you spend so much on these machines and the warranties do not last long enough.  I am going to take it in for repairs and then find something to trade it in on - and I don't think I will be buying another Pfaff - too many bad problems I have had over the years - I have a new embroidery only Brother so I am thinking will trade this in on a good just regular sewing machine.  I have all these feet and extras for it - guess I'll put them up on Ebay when I make the final decision...

Now - all of you have a great weekend and get to working on those DJ blocks...teehee... and any other projects you want to discuss here in general chit chat.

I am working diligently on my Chrissy Down Under Quilt - have 2 more blocks to satin stitch - then on to putting it all together and quilting it... then I have 3 quilts to quilt and I think then I will be ready to spend a lot of time on Dear Jane... With good health and less pain I should be on to DJ in about a month... that is my plan anyway...

So how is everyone doing!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 14 2011 12:38 PM

I'm tired. I'm in a sewing slump ant it's getting old. Looking for motivation.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,243
Points 239,807
Thea replied on Fri, Jan 14 2011 4:40 PM

Motivating Kris, Okay, when I get in those slumps - I make myself go to my sewing machine and start sewing on whatever project I am working on and before I know it I am excited to be working on what I am working on.  I like too to put on some program on TV that I can listen to and not have to watch... but am able to know what is going on and needent really watch.  Either that or I will turn on some music that I can sew to. 

You just have to push yourself through these slumps.  It helps to feel good too though.  I know last year it was tough for me to sew at all - it was good that I had deadlines for Jodie as between the stuff I made for her and my brother's quilt I really didn't get much joy out of sewing.  It is much better this year.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 14 2011 5:48 PM

Thea,

I sit at the machine and just stare at it most days. I haven't been feeling great but I think I'm better this year than last. I'll keep trying.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,243
Points 239,807
Thea replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 10:30 AM

Kris, You may need some time off!  Stay away from the sewing all together and see if your love for it comes back.  We all have slumps.  I wouldn't sit at my machine and stare at it...lol... I have to have a reason to get behind it - but get a plan - find some quilt that you just love and know that you have to have and make it - or think of a friend or family member that really could use a quilt made with love and make them one and while you are sewing think good thoughts about them - infuse the fabric with those loving thoughts. 

For me it is just a matter of working on one of my quilt projects - there is not much else in my life - the cats - and quilting... I don't go out - I am retired and all my grandkids live in other states... so I think about them - read some - and work on works of art(my quilts) ... I think they are works of art anyway...

I know you are just in a slump and you will have to figure out what works for you!  But make sure you are happy no matter what you do!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 4:49 PM

Thanks for the pep talk Thea. Maybe I  have too much going on.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 5:51 PM

Oh Kris take a break, read a book ,watch a movie , just leave it alone for a couple of days. We all need a little break . Your projects aren't going anywhere.Make hubby take you out to dinner .DO like me and just lay of sofa for awhile . If you get Showtime the  NEw Moon  movie is on tonight watch it. its pretty good ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 6:11 PM

Kris:
I'm in a sewing slump ant it's getting old. Looking for motivation.

a box of bonbons usually helps me, but then my bottom slumps even more. it's a vicious cycle.   

seriously,  it is hard getting out of a slump and the dark winter days don't help.  i put on my favorite jazz singers, break out the chocolate and start a new quilt.   if you have had a particular quilt idea swimming around in your head try playing with that.   do something different, like work with embellishing on a practice piece.    i wish i had a good answer for you.   i don't get in the slumps very often, but it isn't much fun when i'm there.   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 16 2011 10:23 AM

gini:
break out the chocolate and start a new quilt. 

That sounds good Gini. I'll be adding to my pile of "in progress" items but what the hay.

Barbara,

Yesterday was DH's birthday so I took him to a restaurant of his choice. We had a nice dinner then watched football when we got home. I fell asleep on the couch - that hasn't happened to me in a long time. I slept through the night too - Hallelujah!

I'v been playing in EQ7 since I got up this morning. Maybe I'll have a good week.

Thanks ladies.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Sun, Jan 16 2011 1:40 PM

Kris:

I'v been playing in EQ7 since I got up this morning. Maybe I'll have a good week.

i will be looking forward to all the new designs you come up with   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,243
Points 239,807
Thea replied on Sun, Jan 16 2011 5:14 PM

Kris,That is good - designing something new!  I have been working on Chrissy still - am on the last block of satin stitching - seems to go on and on and on... but I am getting closer to this part of the satin stitching being done... then I have to put the blocks together and have some more applique to do - after that have the borders and a little more applique... but it is getting closer - I could be back at the beginning of block 9 and that was 18 hours to complete...teehee...I am glad you got a good nights sleep - i am still looking for one of those but so far this winter is way better then last winter so I am happy. 

Page 1 of 16 (231 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use