Row B

rated by 0 users
This post has 29 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 156
Points 2,745
Patricia4 replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 9:30 PM

Really pretty everyone!  And what a great job on B3 you have all done.  That one scares me a little.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,666
Points 120,350

Nice blocks. I thought I'd do a couple DJ blocks. But I can't find the ones I've made. Can't find the book either.

Never clean up. I must have put everything someplace really clever. Good grief.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 156
Points 2,745
Patricia4 replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 10:30 PM

Judy you made me chuckle.  Only because I can totally relate.  Who wants to clean up instead of sew?  Every once in a while I just have to take a deep breath and at least get everything into their own respective piles so I can find stuff.  I hear you loud and clear !

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 171
Points 2,895

B-4: JAS

MoosebeShack

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 171
Points 2,895

B-11  JAS

MoosebeShack

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 171
Points 2,895

B-12  JAS

MoosebeShack

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 156
Points 2,745
Patricia4 replied on Fri, May 30 2014 5:14 PM

Really pretty Jane!  I have the some of the same background fabric, I think it is really pretty.  You do nice applique'!  I am getting all my applique' blocks ready to take with me to work on during our family vacation this month.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 171
Points 2,895

Thanks.  I like that background fabric also.  Have a great vacation and don't spend all your time on DJ.  JAS

MoosebeShack

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 171
Points 2,895

B-09  JAS!!

MoosebeShack

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 156
Points 2,745

Jane I sure like your floral fabric!  I have re-done my B-1, hopefully I think my skill is progressing a little in needleturn applique, so I like this one better.  Going to re-do some of my other earlier appliques too.  The fabric looks gray in the photo but is really a deep green.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 171
Points 2,895

Patricia,   Yes, it does look gray, it is lovely.   My camera or my computer sometimes distorts color.  Your appliqué is wonderful. I don't like to do appliqué so mine is not good.  I will not go back and redo, just hope when it is all put together, they will blend in.  I am using fabric from my stash and have lots of florals.  Am trying not to use the same one twice but will probable have to before it is all over.  Am using Batiks for the triangles.  Keep up the good work.  JAS

MoosebeShack

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 156
Points 2,745

Thank you Jane!  I didn't like the applique' at first, but I took a needleturn applique' class at my LQS, which greatly increased my confidence and gave me some good pointers.  Now I find I actually like it!  And if I get some ready ahead of time, I have some hand-work to do when I am not able to sit at the machine for whatever reason, like traveling.  I am struggling with diamond shapes where there are narrow points -- that is my current challenge!  There are a lot of my blocks that I am not totally happy with, but I keep reminding myself that, like you say, when it is all put together, they will blend in.  I think all of your blocks are very good, and I am partial to florals myself, so I am really liking your fabrics!

Hoping you will stay up with your deadline.  13 more blocks this month = about 4 per week?  You are amazing, you really are sailing along! 

I think you are I have been the only active ones on the group in the last 2 months.  Is anybody else still out there?  It would be so much more fun to see more group activity.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 156
Points 2,745
Patricia4 replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 9:55 PM

Well gals, I don't see any assignments or block photos posted for ages and ages, but here is one anyway.  This is B-4 Chris's Soccer Field.  I was halfway through the block before I realized I was using directional fabric, and it was pointed every which-way, so I had a little visit with my seam ripper!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 171
Points 2,895

Hey Patricia,  Good to see your post and also your photo.  It is really cute.  I love the fabric.  It is very madding when you are well into a project and see that you have made a mistake.  I am still working away.  Have to get the last 113 done by the end of the year.  Keep up the good work.

Jane S

MoosebeShack

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 156
Points 2,745
Patricia4 replied on Tue, Jul 15 2014 1:03 PM

Thank you Jane!  You have an amazing goal and I have faith in you!

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) Prev12
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use