rated by 0 users
This post has 42 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,535
Brenda replied on Sun, Jan 26 2014 12:29 PM

Judy,

I also put mine in plastic sleeves but first I put the finished block in a sandwich zip lock bag.  Then people can hold them without getting them dirty.

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,535
Brenda replied on Sun, Jan 26 2014 12:32 PM

-Jeanne in Michigan

I also put mine in plastic sleeves but first I put the finished block in a sandwich zip lock bag.  Then people can hold them without getting them dirty.

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,121
Points 110,715

thelakeshore:
I don't know if it shows in the photo but my method of documenting this quilt has one drawback that I have to figure out. How to display

Jeanne, I have noticed your organization of the blocks.  Not sure how you can keep them from slipping out unless you put them in the cheap little sandwich bags and tape the bag to the page? Are your pages looseleaf to fit in a binder? If so, you could use those clear page protectors for your blocks but they are pricier than the sandwich bags.

Your guild will be so impressed with what you've done!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,065

I have each block laid upon a print out of the pattern. Taped to the pattern is a patch of the fabric used. Each goes into a little wooden tray with handles. The tray is now just at the point of overflowing. I kind of like the idea of putting each block and pattern into its own plastic sleeve. Staples here I come?

But not today. It's so snowy here...and it's Sunday I know...but yesterday the mail wasn't even delivered. It's bad where I live.

-Jeanne in Michigan

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 107
Points 2,095
Patricia4 replied on Sun, Jan 26 2014 4:03 PM

I also use the plastic sleeves in a binder, same as Cynthia says -- instructions, paperwork, templates, finished block, and filed in a binder in order of block.  I found a place online where I could get the plastic sleeves for only $5.18 per hundred, instead of $10 or $15 per hundred at Staples.  I figured I would need 225 for the Dear Jane, and another 111 for my Farmer's Wife -- and they even had free one-day shipping with $50 purchase, so I just added printer ink to my order.  Brenda, I also like your idea of adding the ziploc for handling.

Hang in there Jeanne, and all of our snowed-in friends -- hoping you will soon be able to get out and about -- !

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 38
Points 770

I used to get archival plastic sheets at Sam's Club.  About $9 for several hundred, from what I remember.  However, Jeanne, it might be worth it to have it delivered to your door, lol.  Most all the churches in our area cancelled services today and the guess is we won't see school for the next two to three days due to blowing snow and low temps.  We have already had about 5 days without school since the beginning of the year.  No worries in this house since we homeschool.  Thank goodness!

Cynthia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,065

Cynthia,

and you homeschool. Oh to be that young!

with a smile and warm hug

to you...

and your children ;-)

Jeanne in Michigan

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 38
Points 770

Jeanne, 

My circumstances make me seem younger than I am.  And, sometimes, feel older than I am, lol.  I am an old momma with three grown kiddos out of the house and this trailing child (#4) that God saw fit to entrust me with.  It's been the most fun I have ever had.  My Sammy calls quilting my "me time".  And so it is.  Sanity in the midst of it.  I am loving seeing what all of you are doing with this quilt.  I have pushed everything else aside I was working on to stay in the hunt with this group.  Thank you all for tackling it with me!   Sorry to hijack this thread!

Cynthia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 684
Points 10,285

Jeanne, you have a beautiful block.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 684
Points 10,285

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,121
Points 110,715

Nice and easy. I did simply cut several 1" strips, didn't cut them to length until after I stitched it in place.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 684
Points 10,285

Very pretty Judy.  Love your blue fabric.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,121
Points 110,715

Thanks Jeannette, believe it or not, those are scraps from a bag that was donated to a local thrift shop and then given to me.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 847
Points 15,700

I made a replacement for my original block for C1 - Trooper Green's Badge.   I like this one much better.  I did a better job on it too.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 684
Points 10,285

Patricia, another pretty block.   Your fabric is very cute.

Page 2 of 3 (43 items) Prev123Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use