Block assignments

rated by 0 users
This post has 127 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 218
Points 3,745
Jane Shackelford replied on Sun, Jun 29 2014 8:18 PM | Locked

Hello to Patricia4 and all in DJ group,  I have finished 113 squares.  (That was my first goal).  This gives me six months to finish the last 113, then the month of Jan. 2015 to put it together and have the top ready for the party on Valentines Day.  Thanks to all you ladies for your encouragement and praise.  I hope this group has not gone away.  I have enjoyed looking at everyones pictures and reading your post.  We have not had an assignment since June 4.  Hope all is well with Jacy and she is just busy on other things.  Talk to you all soon.  Jane S.

JAS

MoosebeShack

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 68
Points 1,045
Faye Doll replied on Sun, Jun 29 2014 10:41 PM | Locked

That is a fantastic perspective!  I have completed 100 blocks and 21 triangles.  I'll just keep plugging away at it.  Applique is hardest for me... but I've developed a system to make me do those applique blocks.  You all continue to keep me focused... so thanks to all!!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 185
Points 2,500
Christine replied on Mon, Jun 30 2014 7:22 AM | Locked

Not sure what's going on with the group, but I'm still working on my Dear Jane.  I haven't been posting pictures... too many episodes of timing out and problems uploading.  But plugging away on my blocks and triangles!  I hope the group reactivates!

Faye Doll,

I'm still here!  Had to take a detour for a couple of weeks, my youngest just got married a week ago, and my only focus was on the wedding.  Things have completely died down, and I'm becoming friends again with my sewing room!  I'm not too far behind, and hoping to catch up.  I noticed too that the last block assignment was 6/4/2014.....Oh well, this will give me more time to catch up, LOL!

Christine

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 218
Points 3,745
Jane Shackelford replied on Mon, Jul 21 2014 10:44 AM | Locked

Here is a photo of the first 113.  I did finish by the last of June.  Know you can't see any details but hope this is the way it will look when all put together.  (The wonkies and mistakes will not jump out and bite me.)  JAS

MoosebeShack

• Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 677
Points 11,105
Patricia4 replied on Mon, Jul 21 2014 11:30 AM | Locked

Oh wow!  Now you really have inspired me!  Jane this is looking fabulous.  And no, we always worry too much about our little wonkies and mistakes, and honestly no one notices them but our own selves.  Especially when they are all put together as a whole.

Are you going to do sashing, or just put the blocks straight into rows?  I think it looks really good without sashing too.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,385
Jeanette Kennedy Asiala replied on Mon, Jul 21 2014 11:34 AM | Locked

Jane, your blocks are coming along great.  Your quilt is going to be beautiful.  I have not been able to work on this quilt for a long time and I know I will not be able to get to it until the end of the year.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,744
Points 139,590
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Mon, Jul 21 2014 11:56 AM | Locked

Jane, beautiful beautiful beautiful layout of your blocks.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 218
Points 3,745
Jane Shackelford replied on Mon, Jul 21 2014 5:18 PM | Locked

Hello to Patricia, Jeanette and Judy,  Thanks for all your kind praise and encouragement.  It is an uphill battle to stay on course.  I don't plan on sashing unless one does not come out 5" square, then will put on a border.  I am behind but working hard to catch up.  I made one today and plan to make another tonight.  Hope all of you can find the time to work on yours.  Know it is hard with a family and all the responsibility that entails.  Good luck to you all.  I will try to post pictures once a week.  JAS

MoosebeShack

Page 9 of 9 (128 items) «Prev56789
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use