Block assignments

rated by 0 users
This post has 127 Replies | 17 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 140
Points 2,560
Patricia4 replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 1:43 PM

Thank you Jacy for all your efforts.  And the farther behind you are, the more chance I have to catch up, so no problem, haha!  And by the way, does anyone else think these are getting harder?  ; )  Okay, time to learn a lot more....

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,446
Points 361,712
Kris replied on Mon, Feb 24 2014 11:55 PM

Many blocks are posted in the DJ Gallery and the media folder. I'll upload the others there as I get to them.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Wed, Mar 5 2014 1:51 PM

I tried and tried last night, fingers crossed that I don't get an Error message today.

Here's the new block assignments

B-3    C-12    G-2    J-6   J-7    BR-4

C-12, J-6 and J-7: These are all fairly quick and easy, little pieces yes, but no triangles, can easily be made with rotary cutting....you can check out tutorials at http://thatquilt.blogspot.com/

Triangle BR-4: This is easily paper-pieced, I made it just like the tutorial at That quilt blog

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,447
Points 116,360

Thanks Jacy. I've had so much trouble getting on QCA. Hit and miss.  I'll try to post my blocks here but may just post on QATW. Less frustrating. (hope THIS goes through)

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Wed, Mar 5 2014 2:16 PM

Now for the other 2

G-2: I made this one a little differently from the tutorial at That Quilt, instead of all those triangles in the center I made a QST (4 pieces instead of the 8 in the book). 

Cut A square 3 1/2" from each fabric, cut into fourths diagonally. You only need 2 triangles from each square, sew them together to make a square for the center. For all the other triangles, cut 6 squares 2" from each fabric, (2 1/4" if you like to trim your HST's for more accuracy after you make them) Make 12 HST's with these squares, (trim to 1 5/8" if you cut them oversize) and assemble you block.

B-3: On That quilt the tutorial is for curved piecing, if you want to try that go for it........

otherwise here's how I made it

Cut 4 squares 3" of each of your fabrics, you'll have 8 squares total.

Make 2  4-patches, one will be your background, one will be for your circle.

Trace the circle onto freezer paper, center on one 4-patch and iron on (or pin on a paper template)

Draw a circle around the template, use pencil, frixon pen, etc. You can take off the freezer paper now. Cut about a 1/4" seam allowance around the line you drew. Pin the circle on top of the other 4-patch, matching seam lines. Applique the circle in place, turning under the edge to the line you drew.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Wed, Mar 5 2014 2:45 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Thanks Jacy. I've had so much trouble getting on QCA. Hit and miss.

You're welcome Judy. 

QCA has been the pits for me yesterday evening and this morning, either couldn't get on or got Error message when I hit post and all my post disappeared. 2 hours and I accomplished nothing. But it seems to be working somewhat, and very slow, but maybe I can comment on a few people's blocks before it quilts on me again.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 72
Points 1,700
Sandra replied on Sat, Mar 8 2014 12:58 PM

Hi Patricia, 

I know what you men about being behind - I havent done any new blocks for the past 3 assignments !!! I must catch up... or at least do SOME!!! 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 140
Points 2,560
Patricia4 replied on Sat, Mar 8 2014 11:50 PM

Me too, Sandra -- I am behind about 2-1/2 assignments -- and don't see any prospects of getting any done in the next couple of weeks, I am so sad!  But I am determined to get caught up -- I'm not going to let this go!  I think by next month I can start to get back on track.  I hope.  Let's make a pact!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 157
Points 2,640
Brenda replied on Sun, Mar 9 2014 12:05 AM

I too need to become part of that pact I too am way behind in the blocks.  I just keep on going, LOL

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 2,495

I too need to become part of that pact I too am way behind in the blocks.  I just keep on going, LOL

I've been (quietly) trying to catch up.  My younger sister has been in town, and she has inspired me to keep going (she has pretty much been keeping up!)  I'll post pictures, but need to understand the new layout.

Everyone, keep pluggin' away!!!

Christine

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Wed, Mar 19 2014 9:55 PM

None of you ladies are behind,  you are just working at your own pace!

The site is going so slow for me, but I'm on here, woo hoo

Here's the blocks to work on for the next 2 weeks, if you haven't kept up, no worries. You can work on these block in ANY order. You can make some from this assignment and make others as you have time.

Blocks are

D-6 Challenge (not really a challenge)

E-5 Rising Sun

H-13 Farm Fields

I-3 Family Album

L-7 Town Square

Triangle TR-6

Things are a little busy here today but I should have time in the morning to get photos and some tips posted.

Have fun digging through those fabrics to find the perfect ones!

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,447
Points 116,360

Thanks Jacy. I need to get back to DJ. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 140
Points 2,560
Patricia4 replied on Fri, Mar 21 2014 4:14 PM

Yes Jacy thank you for that reminder!  I keep thinking I have to catch up my backlog before I can jump in on the current blocks, but of course I can work on these now, and catch the others up later.  Why was I not thinking like that?  I just have to keep plugging away as best I can and remember that it is OKAY ! 

Thank you for continuing to organize for us, in spite of the frustrating slow network issues.  I know I am not alone when I say that we all appreciate your efforts very much !

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 140
Points 2,560
Patricia4 replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 12:56 AM

Hoo boy -- I am not even going to attempt these without Jacy's special tips -- Jacy, sometimes your hints and tips are the only way I can get through a block!  I am really grateful for your expertise!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,447
Points 116,360
Oh shoot, try this again. Jacy is blocked out of QCA for the time being while she gets her password issue taken care of. Hopefully that will be soon but she's had problems this morning with QCA. I've also had problems with passwords, finally seem to have it fixed but then i couldn't post anything. This is a 3rd attempt. Here goes..... Since Jacy can't get on she contacted me through QATW and asked if I'd pass on to you Dear Jane folks that she's not ignoring you. I guess it's QCA that is ignoring HER. If you need help with blocks you can always go to www.thatquilt.blogspot.com Hope she's back with us soon. Hope this posts OK.

Page 4 of 9 (128 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use