Here's assignment #4, also all assignments are listed in Pages

D-1, E-3, A-7, H-1, A-5 and TR-3

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 68
Points 1,045
Faye Doll replied on Tue, Feb 4 2014 11:29 PM

YAY!!!  I can't tell you how much I look forward to our assignments!   :-)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 2,495

Faye Doll:
YAY!!!  I can't tell you how much I look forward to our assignments!   :-)

FayeDoll, I agrree!  I can't wait until Wednesdays!!!

CHristine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 882
Points 16,365

I've been having major problems trying to sign on then I still can't download my blocks all week.  Took me almost 3 hrs this morning.  Not sure what the problem is now.  I can't open the Home Page & can only get this far by going to through a message in my email. I've tried different things with no success.   IT'S MAKING ME CRAZY….I've never had this much problem with QCA until now.  Glad I get the emails so I can at least see what everyone else is doing.

I'm working on the appliqué blocks I brought with me to my DD's in Maryland & making great headway too.  BRRR it's cold here but I saw the San Antonio TX area got a light dusting of snow.  I'm sure my DH is bundled up nice & toasty at home although he is from Iowa & says he loves snow & cold weather.  Not so much me.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Thu, Feb 6 2014 10:20 AM

Patricia faye, I can sometimes only get on here through e-mails too. I sure wish they would fix it!

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Sat, Feb 15 2014 4:39 PM

With the trouble everyone has been experiencing with this site, I've been thinking about setting up these threads a little differently, so let me know what you think.

I know that sometimes you can't access this group to find out assignments. Also some of you are working on the blocks in the order they are in the book, also some are working ahead.

What if i make a thread for each row, A blocks, B blocks, Top row triangles, etc. I would open all those threads now and then everyone could post their blocks as they make them, instead of waiting for the correct thread to get posted. (I would move your photos you have already posted to the correct threads.)

I will still post an assignment of 5 blocks and a triangle every 2 weeks, so If you enjoy doing it that way you can still follow along. 

So tell me, what do you think?

Any other suggestions?

Next assignment is coming up wednesday Feb 19th

• Post Points: 65
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 882
Points 16,365

Jacy, I like your idea of your creating a thread for each row.  It might be easier for you too!

I'm one of those working the blocks in the order they are in the book.  So trying to keep track of the assignments & what I've posted has been a bit challenging.   

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,449
Points 116,400

I think that's a good idea Jacy. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,065

Jacy, I like your idea a lot. I do keep trudging along even though I cannot always get on or always post the pics. I keep trying and definitely keep sewing.

-Jeanne in Michigan

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 127
Points 2,405

Jacy, I say do what ever is quicker and easier for you.  I started at the front of the book the first time I started DJ so have some squares done.  I also try to do extra triangles.

Thanks for all your hard work and all your lovely squares.  Jane S.

MoosebeShack

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 140
Points 2,560
Patricia4 replied on Sun, Feb 16 2014 11:38 PM

Personally I think I sort of prefer a thread for each block instead of each row.  Easier to see everyone's particular block that way, and not have to sort it with all the others in the row.  Also, I think the threads will get really long with an entire row in them, instead of just a block.  However I am more than willing to do whatever is easiest for you, and it sounds like the rest of the group that has responded so far likes the new idea, so I will be happy to follow along with that.  I just started my DJ blocks with this group in January, so I am working along with the assigned blocks / triangles only at this point.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 9:46 AM

I am running a little behind, the assignment #5 is listed HERE in pages. I will get photos of them up today and open threads. 

I will go with the one thread for each row, but it will take a while to set up, especially when QCA fights with me. So if you only see a few new threads, the others will be coming!

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,449
Points 116,400

Thanks Jacy. No hurry. Really appreciate everything you do.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 12:31 PM

OK, here's photos of assignment #5 blocks.

A-4, A-8, J-1, J-2, M-2 and Triangle BR-2

I think what I will do is have a thread for each assignment so you can look there for tips, etc.

And then I will open a thread for each row.

You can post photos of your blocks in the thread for each assignment if you'd like, and also in the thread for the appropriate row.

For those of you that are working on blocks on your own, then you'll have Row threads to post your photos in. We like to see what you've been doing!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 12:46 PM

Oops, I wrote BR-4 but it should have been BR-2. I've corrected my last post.

Page 3 of 9 (128 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use