Restarting Dear Jane group Jan 2014

rated by 0 users
This post has 159 Replies | 27 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365

Good Morning everyone  I received my book and got caught up on the LUS blocks so I was able to start the Dear Jane yesterday.  I was able to get 4 blocks done yesterday.  I wanted to say that I love everyone's blocks.  One good thing about being behind is that I get to see what everyone has done and all of you inspire me one what I can do with my blocks.   Jacy, thank you for giving us the instructions.  It made it so much easier for me to get them done faster.  I am not doing the border blocks yet and I am doing the simple blocks first so I feel I am doing something.  I watch my granddaughter during the week so I hope to get one maybe two tonight.  Have a great day and happy quilting.

Jeanette

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,390
Jacy replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 1:50 PM

Jeanette Kennedy Asiala:
Jacy, thank you for giving us the instructions.

You're welcome.

Jeanette Kennedy Asiala:
I am not doing the border blocks yet

I ddin't make the triangle blocks when I started either. I just started making the triangles because I have an idea to make a separate quilt with them.

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 95
Carolyn replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 6:10 PM

I have been so busy with new BOM projects, that Jane has been put aside. I will be working on her this weekend!

Carolyn from Indiana

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 280
MaryC replied on Fri, Sep 19 2014 6:12 AM

Looks like there's several 'out there' that are still interested in making up their DJ blocks.  I had bought this book several years ago, but, never got started on them.  I had *recently* discovered the Quilted Diamonds by Linda Franz and had joined a Yahoo group for them... the owners of that group changed the name to the JaneStickle group and have been focusing on the DJ blocks again.  So, rather than leave the group to do the diamonds, I decided that I'd try a few DJ blocks.  I couldn't find my book, of course, so I ordered a second and have been working on them for a little over a month.   (Of course, I *found* my first book, yesterday... does anyone need a book?  I'd sell it cheap!  LOL!!)  I also bought the software and have found that very helpful.  a little confusing to use, at first, but, I'm finally 'getting' the hang of it.  It really helps with printing out the templates for cutting out the pieces.  I have done hand piecing so far.  I tried one block with hand paper piecing, but, I'm so new to paper piecing, that I got more confused than it was helpful...:-/    I find these little blocks quite 'satisfying' to do... you can finish them fairly quickly, so, you get a sense that you're really *doing* something and making progress!  

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,677
Points 120,525

Mary, I haven't hand pieced any of these blocks (well, actually, I've never hand pieced ANY block and admire those who do). I've either pieced or paper pieced. I really do need to pull it back out, I did enjoy doing them. Of course, I need to FIND them. I cleaned and reorganized my room awhile back. They are somewhere.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,832
Points 366,112
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 19 2014 9:44 AM

I'm more than half way done but "misplaced" my work for over a year. I found it recently during a clean up of my sewing room. I've been thinking of working on it again. I mostly hand piece. I sew at work when I have down time. Otherwise I would only sew on weekends.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,677
Points 120,525

Kris:

I'm more than half way done but "misplaced" my work for over a year. I found it recently during a clean up of my sewing room. I've been thinking of working on it again. I mostly hand piece. I sew at work when I have down time. Otherwise I would only sew on weekends.

If you found yours Kris, perhaps there is hope for me. My room is so small, you'd think I could find things.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,832
Points 366,112
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 19 2014 10:39 AM

Judy I had to take everything out of my sewing room before finding it. My space isn't very high either but things get buried quite easily. I took photos of everything before putting it all away again. I made a list of where I put everything. So so sad. LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,677
Points 120,525

Kris:

Judy I had to take everything out of my sewing room before finding it. My space isn't very high either but things get buried quite easily. I took photos of everything before putting it all away again. I made a list of where I put everything. So so sad. LOL

I decided to do a search before some friends arrive this morning. I looked on shelves, in cubbies, in bins, in zippered bags. I found other things but no DJ. I sat down at my machine, staring at the wall wondering where it could be. On the shelf in front of me, only place I didn't look, are the blocks and books. Too close to see I guess.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,832
Points 366,112
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 19 2014 1:39 PM

LOL Judy. I guess it try what they say about missing what's right in front of you.

Page 11 of 11 (160 items) «Prev7891011
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use