Restarting Dear Jane group Jan 2014

rated by 0 users
This post has 169 Replies | 27 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365

Good Morning everyone  I received my book and got caught up on the LUS blocks so I was able to start the Dear Jane yesterday.  I was able to get 4 blocks done yesterday.  I wanted to say that I love everyone's blocks.  One good thing about being behind is that I get to see what everyone has done and all of you inspire me one what I can do with my blocks.   Jacy, thank you for giving us the instructions.  It made it so much easier for me to get them done faster.  I am not doing the border blocks yet and I am doing the simple blocks first so I feel I am doing something.  I watch my granddaughter during the week so I hope to get one maybe two tonight.  Have a great day and happy quilting.

Jeanette

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 1:50 PM

Jeanette Kennedy Asiala:
Jacy, thank you for giving us the instructions.

You're welcome.

Jeanette Kennedy Asiala:
I am not doing the border blocks yet

I ddin't make the triangle blocks when I started either. I just started making the triangles because I have an idea to make a separate quilt with them.

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 95
Carolyn replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 6:10 PM

I have been so busy with new BOM projects, that Jane has been put aside. I will be working on her this weekend!

Carolyn from Indiana

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,090
MaryC replied on Fri, Sep 19 2014 6:12 AM

Looks like there's several 'out there' that are still interested in making up their DJ blocks.  I had bought this book several years ago, but, never got started on them.  I had *recently* discovered the Quilted Diamonds by Linda Franz and had joined a Yahoo group for them... the owners of that group changed the name to the JaneStickle group and have been focusing on the DJ blocks again.  So, rather than leave the group to do the diamonds, I decided that I'd try a few DJ blocks.  I couldn't find my book, of course, so I ordered a second and have been working on them for a little over a month.   (Of course, I *found* my first book, yesterday... does anyone need a book?  I'd sell it cheap!  LOL!!)  I also bought the software and have found that very helpful.  a little confusing to use, at first, but, I'm finally 'getting' the hang of it.  It really helps with printing out the templates for cutting out the pieces.  I have done hand piecing so far.  I tried one block with hand paper piecing, but, I'm so new to paper piecing, that I got more confused than it was helpful...:-/    I find these little blocks quite 'satisfying' to do... you can finish them fairly quickly, so, you get a sense that you're really *doing* something and making progress!  

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,785
Points 122,625

Mary, I haven't hand pieced any of these blocks (well, actually, I've never hand pieced ANY block and admire those who do). I've either pieced or paper pieced. I really do need to pull it back out, I did enjoy doing them. Of course, I need to FIND them. I cleaned and reorganized my room awhile back. They are somewhere.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,952
Points 368,312
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 19 2014 9:44 AM

I'm more than half way done but "misplaced" my work for over a year. I found it recently during a clean up of my sewing room. I've been thinking of working on it again. I mostly hand piece. I sew at work when I have down time. Otherwise I would only sew on weekends.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,785
Points 122,625

Kris:

I'm more than half way done but "misplaced" my work for over a year. I found it recently during a clean up of my sewing room. I've been thinking of working on it again. I mostly hand piece. I sew at work when I have down time. Otherwise I would only sew on weekends.

If you found yours Kris, perhaps there is hope for me. My room is so small, you'd think I could find things.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,952
Points 368,312
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 19 2014 10:39 AM

Judy I had to take everything out of my sewing room before finding it. My space isn't very high either but things get buried quite easily. I took photos of everything before putting it all away again. I made a list of where I put everything. So so sad. LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,785
Points 122,625

Kris:

Judy I had to take everything out of my sewing room before finding it. My space isn't very high either but things get buried quite easily. I took photos of everything before putting it all away again. I made a list of where I put everything. So so sad. LOL

I decided to do a search before some friends arrive this morning. I looked on shelves, in cubbies, in bins, in zippered bags. I found other things but no DJ. I sat down at my machine, staring at the wall wondering where it could be. On the shelf in front of me, only place I didn't look, are the blocks and books. Too close to see I guess.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,952
Points 368,312
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 19 2014 1:39 PM

LOL Judy. I guess it try what they say about missing what's right in front of you.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,090
MaryC replied on Fri, Sep 19 2014 3:43 PM

I used to sew during lunch hour, when I worked... but, THANKFULLY, I retired 4 years ago.  Now, I just wonder how come I don't get more DONE - since I have more 'available hours' during the day.   Working people are much more organized!  LOL!!

It's nice to hear someone else is hand piecing.  :-)   I'd never done much, before these blocks...but, I actually find it fun!  :-)   I didn't care much for the applique, either - mostly, because I hadn't done enough (and even read/watched) enough to know how to do it... I'm thinking of having my next project be an appliqued one!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,952
Points 368,312
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 19 2014 11:37 PM

Mary I look forward to retirement although it is many many years away. I'm not very organised now so I can't imagine what my sewing room will look like when that time comes.

I really enjoy hand work (except for bindings) and love needle turn appliqué. I see you've joined the appliqué group. Gini is a master so you'll learn a lot there. We do a group project every year and I'm working on a few things on my own.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 475
Points 9,255
Pat A replied on Sat, Oct 4 2014 8:24 PM

Wow, there are so many nice blocks being produced.   Haven't kept up with these pages and don't have time now to do so but the ones I've seen are very nice!

I haven't worked on Dear Jane since early spring or anything else quilty either.  Been working on getting my house cleaned out (what a lot of junk I have accumulated) and some landscaping and some painting (oh my aching back) and still a lot to do but I am going crazy  having gone so long without playing with my fabric!  I had to paint my sewing room so everything was packed up.  I did pull out several UFO's on Monday and started on them.  If I can find the DJ book, blocks and fabrics, I think I will get back to these again, even if it's only every now and then until I can finish up these other UFO's.  DJ is a fun project and I'm getting the itch to get back to it. 

Pat A. in KY

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,090
MaryC replied on Sat, Oct 4 2014 8:56 PM

I'm *almost* done with the blocks that I need for my 'fireplace quilt'... I need 70 - I think I have 66 done, now.  :-)   I'm anxious to get this one assembled... and then see what I can make with some more, afterwards... these little blocks are challenging/addicting!  :-)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 913
Points 17,110

Hello everyone.  I'll be rejoining in January.  I have been working on lots of other things so got side tracked for a while.  Have my completed DJ blocks, fabrics  & book altogether so will be ready to get back to work on them in January so thank you for restarting this group.

Page 11 of 12 (170 items) «Prev89101112Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use