Restarting Dear Jane group Jan 2014

rated by 0 users
This post has 169 Replies | 28 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 95
Carolyn replied on Tue, Dec 24 2013 8:37 AM | Locked

Sad thing is, I figured it out relight after I hit post. I live in NWI (Northwest Indiana for anyone not from "the Region")

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,950
Points 125,525
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Tue, Dec 24 2013 10:58 AM | Locked

I've been playing with Dear Jane software and have made three blocks. Looking through the book I noticed the blocks are all two color. I love that! My DJ is going to be shades of blues and greens.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,950
Points 33,885
Roxana replied on Tue, Dec 24 2013 11:06 AM | Locked

thelakeshore:

hi Judy,

Go to the Dear Jane website at http://www.dearjane.com/

Jeanne in Michigan

Jeanne, thanks so much for sending us to the Web site! What a wealth of information. I won't start until January or February but I am excited. I have to get caught up with LUS first!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 72
Points 1,700
Sandra replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 1:17 AM | Locked

Hello - I was able to REVIVE my laptop with my EQ program!!!! So now I will be joining for sure!!! will have to take a photo of the blocks I have done so far...

Sandra

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 110
Columbus Kate replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 12:48 PM | Locked

Started my Jane Journey a little over a year ago and was overwhelmed.  Wanted to do a Rainbow Jane variation w/ Kaffe Fasset fabrics and white background.  so I organized my fabrics with 2" squares.  I've done 30+ blocks to date... mostly the 1st two rows. Pretty much sticking to the colors I chose even though I have given into the temptation to buy a few more Fasset fat quarters.   Not tackled the triangles yet.  

Using the blog "that quilt.com" has been a help.  Couldn't do anything w/o the EQ software. but am only using it to print the paper piecing pattern or templates. Would like to have a discussion line maybe on using the software so I can learn better uses.

Next step is to sew the 2" squares together into a quilt map so I can free the board for other projects.  Focusing on Jane only would truly drive me insane.  I hope to be able to do 8 blocks per month and maybe 2 triangles?  

Is anyone thinking of doing this as a quilt as you go?  

Trying to find some timesaving techniques.  Maybe cutting background strips 1", 1.25" and 1.5" to have on hand?  Anyone thinking like this?  

Kathy Faust   aka Columbus Kate..... Hi to Indianna! 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 95
Carolyn replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 1:54 PM | Locked

Learning the software is one of my 2014 goals ( I hate the word resolution) i will be happy to post when I learn/figure out something

are you Columbus Indiana or Ohio?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 110
Columbus Kate replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 7:05 PM | Locked

Hi, Indianna... Columbus Ohio.  Glad to share what ever I Iearn w/ the group, too.  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 184
Points 3,110
Jane Shackelford replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 8:40 PM | Locked

Hello, 

I am new to this group, joined Dec 16.  I started a DJQ over six years ago and got overwhelmed. Put it away after completing 22 squares.  I am hoping that this group of quilters can inspire me to dig it out and complete it in this life time.  I am an old lady.  I probably will scrap this first 22 and start over from scratch.  The first ones are very scrappy and I think I would like a color theme.  I am doing mine by hand. What is the soft ware every one talks about?  Please let me know if this is for a computer or a sewing machine and if it will work on a MAC.  I need all the help I can get.

Thanks, JAS

Jane A. Shackelford

MoosebeShack

• Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 95
Carolyn replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 12:13 AM | Locked

The software is for the computer from Electric Quilt. I am not sure if there is a Mac version for it. You can use the DearJane.com site or the book as well. Good luck to you and I must say I am impressed that you are doing this by hand.

As for my project, mine is going to be a little more scrappy using civil war era prints but leaning more towards the browns, deep reds and dark blues with cream accents.

Carolyn from Indiana

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 8:13 AM | Locked

Kate- omg. I am in love with your color key!  It is a work of art on its own :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 944
Points 17,510
Patricia Faye replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 8:18 AM | Locked

Jane Shackelford:

Hello, 

Please let me know if this is for a computer or a sewing machine and if it will work on a MAC.  I need all the help I can get.

Thanks, JAS

Jane A. Shackelford

Welcome Jane. No, the current EQ version is not compatible with MAC.  I read they are working on a version but it is not available as of yet.  I'm waiting on the MAC version too!  

There are lots of helpful people in the group so if you run into problems, please let us know.  I continue to learn from this site!

Have fun & enjoy yourself.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 944
Points 17,510
Patricia Faye replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 8:18 AM | Locked

Jane Shackelford:

Hello, 

Please let me know if this is for a computer or a sewing machine and if it will work on a MAC.  I need all the help I can get.

Thanks, JAS

Jane A. Shackelford

Welcome Jane. No, the current EQ version is not compatible with MAC.  I read they are working on a version but it is not available as of yet.  I'm waiting on the MAC version too!  

There are lots of helpful people in the group so if you run into problems, please let us know.  I continue to learn from this site!

Have fun & enjoy yourself.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,055
Points 369,272
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 11:54 AM | Locked

The Mac version will be EQ7 not “Dear Jane”. The DJ software is a stand alone program that can be run on a Mac with Windows installed.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 11,685
Judi replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 3:02 PM | Locked

Maybe someone can answer this for me.  Is the Dear Jane software on the Dear Jane site stand alone or do I have to have EQ?  I do not have EQ as I don't feel I would use it enough to warrant its cost!  Just me, I know everyone who has it loves it, but there are only so many dollars to go around!  I want to be able to print out patterns etc not design 

• Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 68
Points 1,045
Faye Doll replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 3:08 PM | Locked

The Dear Jane software is stand alone.  Yeah!  I just started playing with it... there is a bit of a learning curve for me, but I can already that it will be helpful!

Page 8 of 12 (170 items) «Prev678910Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use