Restarting Dear Jane group Jan 2014

rated by 0 users
This post has 169 Replies | 28 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,912
Points 124,870

Yvonne :

Fun!  Maybe one of these shop hops or Sew Expos, we could meet up!  A PNW QCA gathering.  ;-)

I've got a note on my calendar. I intend to go to Sew Expo next year. We'll have to see if we can make connections.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 68
Points 1,045
Faye Doll replied on Sun, Dec 15 2013 12:01 PM

Another PNW quilter here... this one in Lynnwood!  I'm looking forward to working on my Dear Jane again!  I haven't touched it for almost a year and I miss it!

Faye Doll

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 288
Points 5,665
Yvonne replied on Sun, Dec 15 2013 12:12 PM

Hi Faye!  Nice to "see" you!!!  

Renton Washington

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,065

hi Judy,

Go to the Dear Jane website at http://www.dearjane.com/

Scroll down to SHOP and you will find it there after again scrolling about half way down that page.

I am finding the book is good only for turning to the page I am on in the software and taking a closer look at the real block as photographed. I had it rebound in spiral lay flat form at Staples. Before they rebound it I had them make an extra color copy of two pages. One, the quilt itself. Two, the grey and white diagram of the quilt call letters. Meanwhile...I had made a 400% copy (HUGE) of the quilt and it is hanging on my wall above my pegboard with all my tools. Loving that.

Jeanne in Michigan

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,065

Janice, Welcome aboard. We are all in this together!

Jeanne in Michigan

"God bless the whole world. No exceptions"

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105

Finished is better than perfect!  I like that a lot. 

Raleigh, NC

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 592
Points 11,425
Judi replied on Sun, Dec 15 2013 8:11 PM

Thanks for the info.  I probably will go for the whole thing as well.  I just have to wait and make sure my month and money are on the same page!  Tough month to find extras.

I wonder where to start!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
emonbeck replied on Mon, Dec 16 2013 11:30 PM

Hi,  I am just starting and have no completed blocks.   The plan is to do two a month.   But it is only a plan.   I just got my background fabric and the book.  Wish me luck!

Ella

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 68
Points 1,045
Faye Doll replied on Mon, Dec 16 2013 11:57 PM

I have one started, but just barely!  I've made only six blocks and 2 triangles.  I have the book, which I've spiral bound, and have ordered the software. 

I'm using Kaffe fabrics with a white background.  I am looking forward to working on my Dear Jane again!  Thanks for starting this group!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 2,855
Brenda replied on Tue, Dec 17 2013 12:14 AM

Faye Doll,

You will love the software.  Makes all the difference.

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 95
Carolyn replied on Mon, Dec 23 2013 9:36 AM

I have the books and Dear Jane for Electric Quilt. My plan is to have this completed by 12/31/2014

Carolyn from Indiana

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 95
Carolyn replied on Mon, Dec 23 2013 9:46 AM

Could you please tell me what PNW means? 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,912
Points 124,870

Belkocm61:

I have the books and Dear Jane for Electric Quilt. My plan is to have this completed by 12/31/2014 Carolyn from Indiana

Good morning Carolyn, I'm just sitting here at my computer with the Dear Jane user manual open and going through the lessons. I'm used to EQ7 so I'm having to go through the lessons as this software works a little differently.

In EQ7 there is an "erase" tool. I can click on a block in the quilt and erase it from the quilt layout. I haven't been able to figure out how to do that with the Dear Jane software.

Also, the software locks up on me at times. I'm using Windows 7 and it's a bit frustrating. If it continues I'll contact support.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 38
Points 770
Cynthia H. replied on Mon, Dec 23 2013 10:14 AM

Managed to get one done in the last couple of weeks:  G8.  There is a free download on Inklingo which gives the pieces needed for this block.  I was making some others for a UFO project and made this one for Dear Jane.

Cynthia H.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,912
Points 124,870

Belkocm61:

Could you please tell me what PNW means?

Pacific Northwest, which refers to Washington, Oregon and even Idaho I think. Abbreviations can be frustrating can't they? :-)

Page 7 of 12 (170 items) «Prev56789Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use