Restarting Dear Jane group Jan 2014

rated by 0 users
This post has 152 Replies | 26 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 19
Points 320
JennieQ replied on Mon, Dec 2 2013 8:55 AM

Hi Jacy,

I have recently joined this group and glad and excited that you are restarting this group.  I will get the software and book soon as well as the fabrics (may need to pull from stash).  If you restart the blocks where it ended, would you please repost those blocks so that those of us that are just starting can get caught up.  I will have several quilts and groups in progress starting in January and some in December and earlier.  I will have my hands full this coming year with quilts, but these are ones that I would like to do as I have yet to make myself a quilt.  So this is the year I am determined to make myself several quilts while working on quilts for family members too.  I hope I stay motivated this coming year to get all of these done and not have a pile of UFO'S.

Thanks so much.

JennieQ

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,447
Points 361,732
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 2 2013 11:56 AM

When printing triangles you need to select the box the says "use size from quilt".

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Mon, Dec 2 2013 1:52 PM

JennieQ:
I have recently joined this group and glad and excited that you are restarting this group.  I will get the software and book soon as well as the fabrics (may need to pull from stash).  If you restart the blocks where it ended, would you please repost those blocks so that those of us that are just starting can get caught up.

Hi Jennie, we're happy to have you!

I am making my quilt from stash, a lot of scraps too, since these are small blocks you don't need much for each block.

I will be making fresh assignments since everyone is at a different place and I don't know what blocks everyone has done. I will assign blocks aiming to eventually cover all of them. 

Looking forward to seeing your blocks!

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Mon, Dec 2 2013 1:55 PM

Sandra:
I am doing mine with white background and all watercolour/ solid batiks.... so far am loving the blocks i have done. 

Sounds beautiful! Looking forward to seeing some of your blocks.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Mon, Dec 2 2013 1:59 PM

Quiltedknitter:
Just joined QCA and noticed that you are restarting a Dear Jane Group.  I need a kick in the toukas to get back to Jane.  I started and then stopped until I could get my applique skills honed.  Besides, I'm finishing the Farmers Wife Quilt.  Am I a masochist or what?   Glad to be a member of this group.

Sherry, we're glad to have you join us. You are in good company, many of us have started and then stalled on Dear Jane. Hopefully we'll keep each other motivated.

And aren't we supposed to have multiple projects going at once? It's a rare quilter who stays focused on one quilt at a time!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Mon, Dec 2 2013 2:08 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Just got my book. Oh my my my, I didn't know what I was getting into. This looks like it's way beyond me.  I may rethink my rethinking. Sorry Frances.

Judy, don't panic!

The book only has a drawing for each block, no instructions. But there are a couple of blogs with helps, and we will figure out each one as we go along. I will tell you how I made each one, and others can chime in with their ideas too. For example, for a block with curves, Kris may piece it by hand, I might do machine applique, and someone else may have yet another approach. There is no 1 correct way to make each block.

We want it to be enjoyable not stressful.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Mon, Dec 2 2013 2:13 PM

I think I caught up with everyone.

I'm in the midst of my 30 days of craziness and may not fit in much computer time, but I'm trying to check in from time to time. I'm looking forward to lots of sewing in January!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,454
Points 116,485

Jacy:
I will tell you how I made each one, and others can chime in with their ideas too. For example, for a block with curves, Kris may piece it by hand, I might do machine applique, and someone else may have yet another approach. There is no 1 correct way to make each block.

The EQ CD should arrive later this week so now I'm kind of excited about trying these.  I doubt if I'll do anything by hand, doesn't seem to be part of my impatient gene. But who knows, I just might give it a shot. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,454
Points 116,485

Looking through the book, there is a completed quilt on page 37. I love this layout and the quilting. And, it's in the colors I plan on using. Yea, I'm definitely hooked now.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Mon, Dec 2 2013 11:06 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Looking through the book, there is a completed quilt on page 37. I love this layout and the quilting. And, it's in the colors I plan on using. Yea, I'm definitely hooked now.

See Judy,

I told you youd be hooked, now i wonder who else i can rope in who thinks there cheerleading from the sidelines.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,454
Points 116,485

Frances:

told you youd be hooked, now i wonder who else i can rope in who thinks there cheerleading from the sidelines.

lots of love

So right you were Frances. All your fault. LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Thu, Dec 5 2013 11:07 AM

I couldnt resist playing with the first block this morning so here it is using english paper piecing, I think its not turned out too bad.

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025

pretty block, frances

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,447
Points 361,732
Kris replied on Thu, Dec 5 2013 5:32 PM

Nice work Frances.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Thu, Dec 5 2013 9:40 PM

Great Job Frances! 

Page 4 of 11 (153 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use