rated by 0 users
This post has 106 Replies | 19 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,965
Points 384,097
Kris replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 7:28 PM

Miss MoomMist,

try the instructions on the DJ website. I found these quite helpful.

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,396
Points 27,170

Wynnie:

Wow Wynnie, this is perfect... Here is my disaster... I will probably give it another try next week.

These are two different tries... back to the drawing board for this one.

xoxoxo,

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,248
Points 253,924
Barbara replied on Sun, Apr 10 2011 6:25 AM

MMM,I wish I could help you out with this one ,but I have not done it yet, Don't give up you'll eventually figure it out.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,396
Points 27,170

Barbara:

MMM,I wish I could help you out with this one ,but I have not done it yet, Don't give up you'll eventually figure it out.  Barbara

I'm not giving up on it, just putting it aside for another time. I'm not really a quitter, I'm pretty persistent and don't like to have things get me down LOL!

I'm going to do this week's assignments and then come back to it... I picked up a few tips from F&P last night so that might help. I may have to buy a couple of yards of fabric to finish it but I will get it. lol

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,396
Points 27,170

Kris:

Miss MoomMist,

try the instructions on the DJ website. I found these quite helpful.

Thank you Kris.. I printed it out and I'll get it... Yes, as they said, the DJ program prints it out right, but you need to turn it around as it is backwards,  Later!!! I think

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,965
Points 384,097
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 12 2011 4:00 PM

In the DJ software you need to select "Mirror image" in the printing options when printing for paper piecing.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,965
Points 384,097
Kris replied on Sat, Aug 11 2012 11:14 PM

My third Papa's Star was rotary cut and machine pieced. I still love this block:

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,198
Points 23,685

My G6.  I was to frustrated with the center on this one so ended up appliquéing a circle in it.  I made it my own.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,965
Points 384,097
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 21 2015 3:41 PM

I like it with the circle Patricia Faye. That yellow fabric is awesome.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 175
Points 3,520

Patricia, bless you dear. This is quite marvelous. May I post my own G-6? The star is way wonky but at this point it stays as is. I have 111 blocks completed and in due time I will begin laying them out and picking and choosing which ones deserve to live on. Did I say that right?

Jeanne in Michigan

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,745
Points 139,610

Jeanne, I made this one some time back.  My little center star is even wonkier.  Think its supposed to goofy.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,965
Points 384,097
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 21 2015 4:18 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
I made this one some time back.  My little center star is even wonkier.  Think its supposed to goofy.

LOL Judy. Nice block. I like your blues. Was I the only one still standing who had fun with this one?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,745
Points 139,610

Kris:
Was I the only one still standing who had fun with this one?

Probably Kris. :-) Can't say I had fun with it. But it's been a while since I made it. Maybe I was chuckling the whole time? (Not)

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,965
Points 384,097
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 21 2015 4:23 PM

thelakeshore:
May I post my own G-6? The star is way wonky but at this point it stays as is.

Nice work Jeanne. 

thelakeshore:
I have 111 blocks completed and in due time I will begin laying them out and picking and choosing which ones deserve to live on

Does this mean you're not planning on making them all?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 175
Points 3,520

That's right. I don't plan on making them all. I pieced three triangles and those were not so much fun. And the applique? Oi Evey. Some are okay. Most come out like little turds. So what I have decided is I will make the 169 block center but substitute some of my favorite foundation pieced blocks in a different colorway. This quilt will never go on a wall. It will never be shown in public. It will just be draped 'just so' over the chair next to the fireplace. Artwork for sure but not to be touched or examined unless you are under ten years old.  :-)

Jeanne in Michigan

Page 7 of 8 (107 items) «Prev45678Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use