posting pictures

rated by 0 users
This post has 21 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,914
Points 420,739
gini Posted: Thu, Jan 7 2010 1:37 PM

i was able to get a picture in media on the sylvia's site, but when i hit save here the picture will not go to media.   any thoughtsl  gini

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,341
Points 250,052
Thea replied on Thu, Jan 7 2010 2:04 PM

Gini - try again - it should work the same - what exactly is it saying when it doesn't allow it?  when I first did it on the MQ site I had some problems but finally it worked.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,914
Points 420,739
gini replied on Thu, Jan 7 2010 4:28 PM

thea,  it doesn't say anything,  it acts like it is going to do something then the same screen comes back.    i'll try again.  gini

gini in north idaho

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 378
Points 8,044
Andrea replied on Thu, Jan 7 2010 4:35 PM

I copied a photo tutorial from QCA Liz for posting photos to media--it is in a locked thread further down the list--I think it will answer all our questions--and Thanks Liz for a great tutorial!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,914
Points 420,739
gini replied on Thu, Jan 7 2010 4:38 PM

andrea, thanks,  i copied it out and followed it line by line.  i managed to get a picture on one group, but it wouldn't load on the other.  i'll try again.    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,330
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 7 2010 4:49 PM

Gini

I have tried posting to media on both groups and still haven't succeeded....maybe I'm not holding my tongue right...lol

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,341
Points 250,052
Thea replied on Thu, Jan 7 2010 4:59 PM

Nana - Andrea pulled up the instructions from myself and Liz on how to do it.  it is different I will agree but you can do it!  Hold the tongue a little more to the right!  lol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,341
Points 250,052
Thea replied on Thu, Jan 7 2010 5:06 PM

Gini - sometimes it takes a couple minutes in media for their computer to lock onto your computer to upload that picture... I remember something in facebook I think that had a something something X that you had to download to upload pictures faster... wish I was more computer savy... but

in media you click on the upload - then ckick on the browse button and find your picture - when it loads it into the little box - click save...

another window will open and you then name your file and down below that you can give a description of what your picture is and click save again! 

You have to click Save 2 different times in Media.

Which section is your computer now registering on the first or the 2nd... I think if it is that first one I will find out from the techies what active X it is and maybe they can put it on here so that you won't have it take so long... I think mine upgraded on facebook when I was uploading pictures there...

that is the only thing I can think of - another computer savy person can probably figure it out - I'll send a message to Liz and see if they can figure something out.

If you continue to have problems - email your picture to me and I will upload it for you.  I have done that for several people on here... altheafoster@att.net

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,330
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 7 2010 5:28 PM

Althea I do believe it was tongue position because after I stuck it out just the tiniest bit I was able to post pics to the media site on both groups....lol

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 580
Barb replied on Thu, Jan 7 2010 7:35 PM

OH MY GOODNESS ~ I know you won't be seeing any of my blocks, it sounds like you are all talking Greek: :) I just changed my keyboard and mouse over to a wireless one and was happy I could do that by myself. I REALLY, REALLY MUST take a computer class in 2010 so I can keep up!

Barb

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,330
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 7 2010 8:51 PM

Barb

It really isn't as hard as we are making it sound.  The directions Andrea posted are very easy to follow.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 845
Points 11,662
Jutta replied on Thu, Jan 7 2010 10:23 PM

Nana:

Barb

It really isn't as hard as we are making it sound.  The directions Andrea posted are very easy to follow.

Nana, if stitching one of those "DJ's" triangles would be as easy as downloading a picture under the
Media section, we would be whipping up those little puppies with flying colors.

Jutta, CA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,330
Nana replied on Fri, Jan 8 2010 12:58 AM

Jutta

From your mouth to God's ears.....maybe we will wake up in the morning and those triangle patterns will have turned into nice simple patterns......lol......not in this lifetime.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,914
Points 420,739
gini replied on Fri, Jan 8 2010 1:42 AM

Nana:
Althea I do believe it was tongue position because after I stuck it out just the tiniest bit I was able to post pics to the media site on both groups....lol

nana, do you think you could post that tongue postion,   puh leese   gini

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 845
Points 11,662
Jutta replied on Fri, Jan 8 2010 12:32 PM

Nana:

Jutta

From your mouth to God's ears.....maybe we will wake up in the morning and those triangle patterns will have turned into nice simple patterns......lol......not in this lifetime.

Nana, I think by the time we get to those triangles, we might have some substantial experience on hand piecing that some of them might be easy to do. (I know, I am just dreaming, but that's ok). There is always another option, if they are to hard to do, we could always use a fabric with a light background and with tiny little prints. We just can't give up and have to finish that quilt no matter what it takes.

Jutta, CA

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 12Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2017 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.