Dear Jane Software

rated by 0 users
This post has 47 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,065

Patricia,

I copied your post and sent it directly to Brenda herself to see if she has anything to say on the matter.

If she responds in a timely manner I will forward it here.

Jeanne in Michigan

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,645

Patricia Faye:

I have a MacBook Pro & even after reading through the requirements, I'm not sure if the Dear Jane software is compatible.  Can one of you answer my question?  (This is a little over my head!)  It is on sale at EQ (20%) through 12/3.  

Patricia, I just went to the EQ site and don't see a sale on the DJ CD. It's still listed at $49.95. If I can get it at 20% off, I'll do that. Could you post a link to the sale price?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,065

Patricia,

Another thing about the software, if this will help...

My software manual has a phone number 419 352 1134. That is the EQ help number,

Monday through Friday 9 to 5 EST

and email:

techsupport@electricquilt.com

Jeanne in Michigan

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 844
Points 15,655

Judy T-Bellingham:

[Patricia, I just went to the EQ site and don't see a sale on the DJ CD. It's still listed at $49.95. If I can get it at 20% off, I'll do that. Could you post a link to the sale price?

Sorry it was the Joann website.       http://www.joann.com/electric-quilt-company-s-indear-janein-quilt-design-software/9628173.html

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,344
Points 38,960
Mimi replied on Sun, Dec 1 2013 1:33 PM

Patricia Faye:
I have a MacBook Pro

We have a very old iMac.  I use a very old program called Virtual PC which is no longer supported.  This lets me read the DJ software because it's written for PC's, not Macs.  I don't know if Kris is aware of any other programs that would be able to convert PC written software so Mac's can read it.  She seems to be very technically able.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,502
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 1 2013 5:08 PM

Not compatible with Mac OS. You need to be running Windows.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 844
Points 15,655

I love my MacBook Pro.  Thanks for the info so I'll figure out how to do the blocks using the book.  There are quite a few Dear Jane blogs out there that might be of help.  After I get the book next week I'll do some research & will be happy to share what I find out.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 145

Hi etz

My recommendation, BUY THE SOFTWARE!!!  Forget to book.  The software will have every thing you need.  Tips and Tricks from Brenda Papadakis.  Plus all the cutting measurements for the easily pieced blocks.  You will also get templates for piecing and paper piecing the harder blocks..  Go with Brenda's recommendations.  The software is easy to navigate.  Believe me, I am no computer geek and I have had no problem.

Here's the trick on the paper piecing.  When I'm ready to print my paper piecing sections, I tell the software that my block in 5.5 unfinished, that way the cutting directions will be large enough for some wiggle room.  You waste a little fabric, but it's worth it as far as I am concerned.

That's my two bits.

Sherry

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935

Thanks for the tip. I put it on my Amazon wishlist and I'm hoping DH will buy it for me for Christmas.  If not, I'll but it myself after Christmas anyway, but I thought that would be a good gift (software + templates) because I will probably be enjoying it for the next 2 years!!  lol

Raleigh, NC

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Wed, Dec 25 2013 10:57 PM

I received the Dear Jane software from DD1 for my birthday last night.  Now, as soon as I get caught up with LUS and the wedding quilt, I'll be ready to go.

zzz

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 5,025
Yvonne replied on Wed, Dec 25 2013 11:16 PM

Happy birthday!   Great present!    So...what's LUS?

Renton Washington

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,645

Karla. I've been playing with the software and have made 6 blocks. I think you'll like it. I did do some of the lessons as it's a bit different from EQ7. I'm looking forward to the January start of the group.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,645

Quiltedknitter:
Here's the trick on the paper piecing.  When I'm ready to print my paper piecing sections, I tell the software that my block in 5.5 unfinished, that way the cutting directions will be large enough for some wiggle room.  You waste a little fabric, but it's worth it as far as I am concerned.

I am glad I have both the book and the software although I think you're right and it probably isn't necessary. I know I could never have done this with just the book. I've been having some fun with the software. Changed all the block colors to blues, greens and a few soft purples with the neutral backgrounds. I like the look. I am using the book also, making notes on the pages and I like having the printed full size pattern as a reference to use with the software. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,065

Judy T-Bellingham:
I know I could never have done this with just the book. I've been having some fun with the software. Changed all the block colors to blues, greens and a few soft purples with the neutral backgrounds. I like the look. I am using the book also, making notes on the pages and I like having the printed full size pattern as a reference to use with the software. 

I hope the proper quoting is coming through. My point is this:

I am getting ready for the big reveal. How my sewing set-up is set up. How my fabric selection is selected. How my documentation of DJj is being documented. How my dependence upon you ladies for praise and recognition is so crucial and valuable for my continued journey down Jane Lane. This is a huge undertaking for me. Thank you allowing me into the group.

Jeanne in Michigan

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,645

Glad you're with us Jeanne. You are right, this is a big undertaking and it's so much better to take it with others.

Page 2 of 4 (48 items) Prev1234Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use