New to the Dear Jane Quilt Group

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,396
Points 27,170
Ms MoomMist Posted: Fri, Apr 1 2011 8:02 PM

Hi, I just started to participate in the DJ Quilt Group. I've had my DJ book since 2002 when I found it in a clearance bin at Wal-Mart. I then found the EQ program when we went to Williamsburg, February, 2003, but never seriously made any blocks until now and wow, it wouldn't be long before I'm up to par if I keep it up. I've been able to do 2 or 3 blocks in the morning before anyone in the house is up and moving, so it gives me time to concentrate. Here are my first 9 since Wednesday. Thank you for looking... No comments needed. Is there anyone else new and how are you doing?

The last one is Ashley's Aura... the block on the left is pieced and the one (the good) is reverse appliqué.

I think it is a keeper!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,242
Points 253,849
Barbara replied on Sat, Apr 2 2011 4:10 AM

MMM, your blocks are great and I love your colors . Are you hand stitching or machine stitching?  I'm still fairly new I just joined this group in December. Still have a long way to go . Glad you could join us.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,396
Points 27,170

Barbara:

MMM, your blocks are great and I love your colors . Are you hand stitching or machine stitching?  I'm still fairly new I just joined this group in December. Still have a long way to go . Glad you could join us.Barbara

Thank you, Barbara! I'm machine stitching the pieced blocks and hand appliqueing the rest. I'm lazy and will use the machine every chance I get. I think I signed up for the group prior but never got into here very often due to illness. But am feeling so much better and so I'm sewing much more now.  I have the DJ Electric Quilt program, so the drafting of the pattern are easier than hand copying them from the book. And I just order EQ7 and it should be here on Monday, so that should be interesting because I've been using EQ5 for so long.

Do you EQ, Barbara?

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 594
Points 24,140

Dear Ms MoomMist,

I have set up a media folder just for you for your Dear Jane blocks. Any blocks you post to this folder will feed into the main Dear Jane Gallery:

Here is the link: ms_moommist_dear_jane

Glad to have you join the group!

QCA Liz S.

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,396
Points 27,170

QCA Liz S.:

Dear Ms MoomMist,

I have set up a media folder just for you for your Dear Jane blocks. Any blocks you post to this folder will feed into the main Dear Jane Gallery:

Here is the link: ms_moommist_dear_jane

Glad to have you join the group!

QCA Liz S.

thank you so very much Liz S. I'm having a really fun time here.

I am pleased.

xoxoxo

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use