rated by 0 users
This post has 254 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,873
Points 366,872
Kris replied on Mon, Aug 15 2011 4:05 AM

Thea,

I'm having ups and downs as well. Most of the time I'm just exhausted. Waiting for my next round of blood tests to see if there is any improvement. 

It was hot here (what I call hot anyway) for about a week. Now our temps top off right around 80 most days. The nights are very cool. Tomorrow's high will be 70. Yuck.

I'm going to the retreat in Leavenworth in October. It's too bad we aren't going to the same one. I hope you have a great time in Iowa. Glad you have such a great friend to travel with. I wish I had someone going with me from here.

I think your story about the quilter in heaven would be a really good one. 

Can you send me Rob's contact info in an email? I would really love it if he can get my machine back to good working order.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,476
Points 244,297
Thea replied on Fri, Aug 19 2011 11:57 AM

Rob will fix you right up - he is a real sweetie and I wish he was closer to me - I would take my machine to him to have it cleaned... I may still send it to him anyway just to make sure nothing else happens to it when it is getting cleaned.

Am off to a local retreat - not looking forward to it as my RA has kicked up - but I'll be home each evening in my own bed so won't be too bad.  We shall see - right!  I have a couple projects that need to get done for the store and thewn maybe I will have some time to work on something for myself - I can only hope - have not had anytime between making quilts for the store and trying to keep my house half way clean... it is difficult... and now my RA is in full swing again - Fall maybe coming sooner then we want - we went from Spring in Mar to full blown Summer in April and it has been a hot one - so now it is changing and not helping me any - I could have used a couple more weeks of high pressure systems being stalled over head.

Love all of you!  quilty hugz!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,873
Points 366,872
Kris replied on Sun, Jun 10 2012 5:49 AM

Here's my progress so far. I have more blocks done but these are what I've sewn together.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 168
Points 3,875
Gerie replied on Mon, Jul 30 2012 2:57 PM

Hi Ladies, I just returned from three weeks France. We had a lovely time, I didn't get much quilting done, though. The next two weeks I'll be busy with community work with the local children, the first week they'll be doing crafts and the second week there will be a little village built by the children. They even get to stay over one night in their huts (cabins?), weather permitting.

Gerie.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 168
Points 3,875
Gerie replied on Mon, Jul 30 2012 3:00 PM

Wow Kris, that looks really great. Are you making the top first and than quilt everything, or are you quilting as you go?

Gerie.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,873
Points 366,872
Kris replied on Mon, Jul 30 2012 11:07 PM

Gerie,

welcome back from your trip. 

Gerie:
Wow Kris, that looks really great. Are you making the top first and than quilt everything, or are you quilting as you go?

Thanks you Gerie. I added my sashing after I made each block and joined them together as I got each row done. I haven't done any quilting yet but I have been thinking of quilting this top half then adding the bottom half later. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 168
Points 3,875
Gerie replied on Tue, Jul 31 2012 5:34 PM

Quilting in halves? I've never heard of that, that is refreshing. That might be a very good method for larger quilts with sashing. I'm going to thing about that. How do you call the thing that chickens do to get the eggs to hatch? Brooding? In Dutch we "brood" on an idea.

Gerie.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,873
Points 366,872
Kris replied on Tue, Jul 31 2012 9:30 PM

Brooding sounds right Gerie.

I plan on hand quilting so doing it in halves would definitely help with the weight.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 168
Points 3,875
Gerie replied on Thu, Aug 2 2012 5:52 PM

Kris, quilting the quilt in halves would also help when quilting by machine. It should be easier to get the rolled up end in the machines space, since it will be smaller. That really is a golden tip, both for hand and machine quilting. Thanks.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,873
Points 366,872
Kris replied on Thu, Aug 2 2012 6:13 PM

Gerie:
Kris, quilting the quilt in halves would also help when quilting by machine. It should be easier to get the rolled up end in the machines space, since it will be smaller.

That's true Gerie. 

Gerie:
That really is a golden tip, both for hand and machine quilting. Thanks.

You're welcome.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,873
Points 366,872
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 10:11 PM

No thread for these So I'll post here:

This is I-12:

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,873
Points 366,872
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 10:14 PM

H-13:

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,873
Points 366,872
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 1:21 AM

G-12 Gloriae:

G-13 Molly's Muffins:

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,465
Jacy replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 2:16 PM

Nice blocks Kris, even though you posted them over a year ago!

Now that we have this group going again,  we will (eventually) get to those blocks you have done so you can post them in their thread. You do such beautiful work.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,465
Jacy replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 2:29 PM

Ladies, here is a thread you can use for general questions and chit chat.

Some of you are newer and have asked about posting. 

If you have a question, comment, photo that is for a specific block, then go to the thread for that block. To post you simply click on 'reply' It can be on someone's post that you want to comment on, or click on anyone's post. Instead of saying reply, I think it should say 'post a comment' or something like that because it confuses people at first.

I think everyone has figured out how to post a photo. 

It sounds like there are no longer individual Media folders for Dear Jane. You can post your photos to your Gallery (on your home page) if you'd like. You can post them to the media section here in Dear jane group also if you would like. It's fun to scroll through there and see others blocks, or groups of blocks.

Please DO  post your photos of your block in the thread for that particular block, just like you have been doing.

Any questions,  just ask, someone will probably know the answer.

Page 14 of 17 (255 items) «Prev1213141516Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use