General Chit Chat...

rated by 0 users
This post has 363 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,872
Points 420,184
gini replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 10:21 PM | Locked

i'm bummed thea,  you guys are getting all of our snow.   your pictures are beautiful   gini

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,343
Points 254,899
Barbara replied on Thu, Feb 10 2011 1:37 AM | Locked

Thea looks like my front yard .LOL we are suppose to have a warm up this weekend  into the 50's yahoo..Maybe some of it will finally melt. If I could send it all to Gini . she can have it...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,332
Points 249,827
Thea replied on Thu, Feb 10 2011 11:37 AM | Locked

Gini - I have lived in Oklahoma for about 20 of my years and I can tell you this is the first time I have ever seen this much snow here.  Our road is still covered and Jay can not get out to work. He doesn't really mind and neither do I - he deserves a break for a couple days.  the only vehicles on the roads here are people with big trucks that have 4 wheel drive.  The kids haven't even been out playing in it because our temperatures are too cold - but to me it is really pretty and brought back a lot of child hood memories of snow snow snow.

I had a friend send me this next thought and I thought I would share it will all of you DJers - It is pretty neat IMHO...lol

Dancing With God
When I meditated on the word Guidance, I kept seeing "dance" at the end of the word. I remember reading that doing God's will is a lot like dancing. When two people try to lead, nothing feels right. The movement doesn't flow with the music, And everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky. When one person realizes that, and lets the other lead, Both bodies begin to flow with the music. One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back Or by pressing Lightly in one direction or another. It's as if two become one body, moving beautifully. The dance takes surrender, willingness, And attentiveness from one person And gentle guidance and skill from the other. My eyes drew back to the word Guidance. When I saw "G": I thought of God, followed by "u" and "I". "God, "u" and "I" dance." God, you, and I dance.
As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust That I would get guidance about my life.. Once again, I became willing to let God lead... My prayer for you today is that God's blessings And mercies are upon you on this day and every day. May you abide in God, as God abides in you. Dance together with God, trusting God to lead
And to guide you through each season of your life.

I read this and was thinking back on yesterday.  My DH was putting new pockets on the pool table and some of the bolts were not fitting - the holes they were supposed to go in were not bored out correctly - well DH reminded me of a 2 year old - just pitching a fit... and I got to thinking back in my life when something bothered me and I would just get upset - then I took the Lord into my life and he gave me the gift of patience... So yesterday I prayed the the Lord would calm my DH down and you guessed it - a calmness came over our house as he instantly answered my prayer. 

Now all my prayers are not answered as quickly as this one - but I am dancing with God and i hope that you will find him also and find the dance that fits with you and he.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,332
Points 249,827
Thea replied on Thu, Feb 10 2011 12:25 PM | Locked

Hi all! Just a couple quilting items I found that you might be interested in...

For any of you in the market for a rotating mat - Eleanor Burns has them on sale for 45% off at her www.quiltinaday.com site.  I checked around and found that this was the lowest price that I have been able to find.

And for any of you interested in the Accuquilt.  I found a site www.quilting-warehouse.com  It has great prices on the accuquilt - the go-baby and all the templates - I checked around and found that their prices were the lowest I could find.  I am not sure if they are the lowest but they seemed pretty good to me and I checked quite a few places.  Quilting warehouse has good prices on other items as well and the price on their rotating mats was good but slightly higher then the price that EB has her's on sale for.

so that is me enabling all of my DJ friends today! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,343
Points 254,899
Barbara replied on Thu, Feb 10 2011 2:08 PM | Locked

Thanks Thea for the info..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,430
Points 389,932
Kris replied on Thu, Feb 10 2011 4:00 PM | Locked

Thea,

thanks for the inspirational message and the sale news.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,734
Points 120,275
Linny t replied on Thu, Feb 10 2011 5:48 PM | Locked

Thea, I love this little devotional.  Thank you.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,332
Points 249,827
Thea replied on Thu, Feb 10 2011 9:32 PM | Locked

Everyone is very welcome for the talk and the information... a little more on the sale of the go-baby at the warehouse... it is a really good price from what everyone I have talked to says - best price and if you want to try one - this would be the way to do it.  I decided to get one to try for those special things like the kitty and the teddy bear and butterfly templates... plus might try some of the others... figured saving $80 was awesome awesome...

And another piece of good news today... I found my favorite gingher scissors... I had lost then about 18 months ago - had had them for probably 10 years - they were a blue pair of ginghers that were a special edition ones - loved them - thought I had left them at a class I had taken cuz it was right after that that I couldn't find them... Today I was getting a spool of silk thread out for my DJ blocks - there they were - I just smiled and smiled... teehee...

After that the front door got knocked on and I was like - who could possibly be coming over in all this snow - it was the UPS man... and he had this huge box for me...inside the box were 3 quilts - whoo hoo - the quilts I made for Jodie and Easy Quilts and Fons and Porter last year... whoo hooo - I oooohed and ahhhhed over the quilting Mavis did - was in amazement how beautiful they look... and then i put them up so that I could take them in pristine condition to guild meeting on the 21st and show them off... teehee...

So today although I have had a headache all day long and have only completed one DJ block I had such a good day... found great savings - got a great email from my Momma Hilda that will make me think of what Guidance is for the rest of my life - and got so many other blessings today... I really think that 2011 is going to be an awesome year -

Now when I am down would somebody please remind me of this great day that I had on Feb 10th - to show me that I can have awesome days once in a while... whooo hooo

DH is telling me to keep the noise down and headache is saying HEY>>>> be quiet ....teehee....:-)   teeheee

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,430
Points 389,932
Kris replied on Fri, Feb 11 2011 11:42 AM | Locked

Thea,

that's great about the scissors and the quilts. Hope your headache goes away soon.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,332
Points 249,827
Thea replied on Fri, Feb 11 2011 3:11 PM | Locked

Kris, I never thought I would get the quilts back - although Jodie did say they would send them back to me - someday - but they are here and it is so awesome. 

today is another banner day!  the sun is shining and although my pain meds have been needed today - I had a great day talking with my late best friend Lori's daughter via Skype - it was so neat to video message with her and see her and talk with her ... made me so homesick for NY though - so hopefully this next year I will get there. 

We talked quilting and she is getting ready to start quilting - it is so awesome and I will be able to help her via the video - so that is so so neat!!!

I am excited about the history being made today and apprehensive about what it all means - but excited that the Egyptians and getting what they want!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,430
Points 389,932
Kris replied on Sat, Feb 12 2011 12:24 AM | Locked

I really hope the situation in Egypt continues to improve.

I haven't been feeling very well so I took a pain pill and sleeping pill and I'm getting ready to crash for the night.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,332
Points 249,827
Thea replied on Sat, Feb 12 2011 11:09 PM | Locked

Kris, I hope you feel better soon!  I am off to bed shortly - finished 3 DJ blocks today and have another one almost done but think I am going to leave it for tomorrow.  There seems to be good news out of Egypt - they are going to honor the peace treaty with Israel so hopefully they continue on that path and a huge sigh of relief can be heard round the world. 

My hands ache so much from hand sewing but not giving up - lol - they will get used to it - or not!!!  They work just ache - mornings are the worse - once I get moving it is so much better.  I am still amazed at how much the Enbrel does for me and so glad that I am back on it. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,332
Points 249,827
Thea replied on Mon, Feb 14 2011 7:15 PM | Locked

Today started out to be a beautiful day - then I got the news that my sewing machine is unable to be repaired.  The technician isn't sure what is going on but said that somehow it is corrupting all the parts put into it... He said that he again found cat urine inside the machine - which I find highly susceptible because the cats have been no where near this machine since he told me that last August - I have been keeping it in my sewing room and only pulling it out to use and putting it up every time I am done... so am not sure what is going on... they did offer to sell me a used 2170 for $3000... When I asked about sending it off to Pfaff to see what they could figure out I kind of got the run around... so who knows - I am going to go and pick it up and figure that I am not supposed to own an expensive machine anymore...

I will look for an inexpensive machine with a good size throat on it to do my quilting on.  I have another  Brother that is solely for embroidery so will use it for any embroidery that I need to do.

I am not positive that the cats did not have an accident on this machine but am pretty sure do to the precautions I took that they didn't but since I have that stigma hanging over my head because the did before there is nothing I can do about it...

so we move forward...and for now... do to all the problems I have had with this Pfaff that had nothing to do with my cats - I think I am done with the brand.  but who knows my thoughts may change tomorrow - for now - I am saving up my pennies to find a machine that will enable me to quilt my quilts.  And since I don't have a ton of money to throw away - it won't be an expensive machine anymore. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,430
Points 389,932
Kris replied on Mon, Feb 14 2011 7:42 PM | Locked

Thea,

that really bites. I'm sorry you've had so much trouble with your machine. I still don't know the fate of my 2170 since the repair man is only in the shop on Wednesdays and I haven't been having luck with Wednesdays to get out there to talk to him. He wants me to come in and sew so he could better diagnose the problem.

I hope you can find a good reliable machine that you love. Maybe the Janome 7700. A lot of people who have it really like it. I'm not sure of the cost though.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,332
Points 249,827
Thea replied on Tue, Feb 15 2011 12:54 AM | Locked

Thank you Kris for all the kind words about the blocks I have made - some of them could use a little more work - but alas, they are done for now. 

I know I have had horrible luck with sewing machines over the last 10 years and it is very aggravating.  I know this possibly could be the cats and the problems they bring - but I was so careful - I know the machine was fine till I had it cleaned last August - then the problems started with the screen... I know at the moment I am very bitter - mad at my cats - mad at the world - but knowing myself - I will just chalk it up and do what I can. 

I know this is going to be a good year and that this is the Devil just trying to mess with me - and guess what - won't let him - we won't let him at all...lol... I am truly thinking of a Janome but was going to go with an older model - the 6500 - I am looking for a good price on one and it has I think a 9" throat which will be good enough.  I really don't want another fancy machine... just want something that will work!

• Post Points: 50
Page 5 of 25 (364 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2016 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.