My Day 4

rated by 0 users
This post has 473 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,744
Points 120,460
Linny t Posted: Sat, Aug 1 2015 7:27 PM

Trying a new thread to see if it shows up in my notifications.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,224
Points 70,040
Robin replied on Sun, Aug 2 2015 12:35 PM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend.    Yesterday was great we had both the girls home, along with the hubby and the puppy.   Dinner was very good if I do say so my self.   I sent all the leftover lasagna home with the girls in individual size containers so they could freeze it and have if for meals when needed.   

Linny,   The falls are loud but not so bad that you can't talk over it.    There is a boat ride there were you can ride up to the falls and get wet which I imagine is a whole lot louder. 

Today I'm posting pictures of lovely roses that we saw in the public garden in Ontario

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,744
Points 120,460
Linny t replied on Mon, Aug 3 2015 10:47 AM

Those roses are just beautiful, Robin.

Glad your meal turned out so well.  How nice of you to send the girls home with leftovers.  When our kids become adults we don't see them every day like we used to.  it's nice to have them back under the same roof at the same time, isn't it?  With my DD living in NY, I don't get that experience at all.  Last time my girls were together was in 2009, I think.  We all met up in North Carolina.  It was nice to see my grand kids all playing together.  We'll have to do that again soon.  Maybe next year, God willing.   

Linny T

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 290
Points 6,330
Donna C replied on Mon, Aug 3 2015 5:43 PM

Linny, I was able to read the posts by getting on the QCA website, but I wasn't getting any email notifications either.  When I read you had started My Day 4, then I went to that.  I'll let you know if I get any notifications.  

I have to admit I've been very busy and haven't checked my email much for at least a week.  It's so hot and dry here in Houston now that I get up early and water the front and back yards.  The highs have been 99 to 101 degrees, and only moderately humid the past couple of days.  However, the humidity's going to get worse this week, so the earlier I get out the better.  DH stays out in the backyard almost all day working on his projects, mostly with wood.  He's trying to use up the last bit of the wood left from our old deck.  In the past couple of years he's made a trunk where I keep some gardening supplies, some plant stands, and a couple of benches.  He's also repaired a lot of our windchimes that have gone bad over the years.  Now he's about to start on a plant stand covered with a mosaic of broken ceramic pots.

I've also been making a couple of hanging baskets from 2 different varieties of moss rose (porchalaca) plants.  They do well here, and even come back after winter.  Also planted some shasta daisies.  DH calls them sunflowers.  Lol

I'm attaching a picture of all the onesie squares I've done so far.  I'm going to need a lot more to make a twin size quilt.  Anne said she's getting some of them back from her friends that she lent them to.  My present plan is to arrange them with alternating solid squares.  I'm thinking the 7" squares to be blue, and the 5" squares, green or red?  Would like your opinions.  Btw, the empty spot in the center was for the embroidered square with his name and birthday, before I realized I was going to need a lot more onesies!

This week I've been embroidering that center square with a little puppy with a butterfly.  The writing is a combination of backstitch and counted cross stitch, and the drawing is basically counted cross stitch.  It's done on Aida 14, cross stitch fabric that's a light green.  Almost done with it.  Will post a picture.  I learned that you can download cross stitch graph paper, any size you need!  That was very useful since I was designing my own.  They also have a lot of free printable patterns, too.

Robin, your family get together sounded so nice, and the food delicious, I'm sure!  Hope your painting's going well, too, and you get settled into that room just like you'd like.  That's the basic arrangement I had here...half bedroom, half sewing room.  I say "had" because it changed when Ross moved in.  I don't like to sew in there when he's home so much during the day.  He likes to play a pretty noisy game, and I like to listen to music or watch TV while I sew.

Speaking of Ross, he FINALLY got another job, after being without work for at least a month.  He starts full time at a Starbucks that's very close by on Wednesday, working from 4:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.  His sleeping habits will definitely have to change, since he's been staying up to 3 or 4 a.m. playing that game of his, and sleeping 'til noon!

I enjoyed having my daughter and family over a week ago last Saturday.  Tom grilled pork tenderloin chops and I fixed fries (from a bag), a green salad, and stir fried veggies, with sherbert as a dessert.  All very simple and easy.  We celebrated Anne's 36th birthday, too.  Then afterwards we went to a nearby park where they have water randomly squirting up.  Cedric really loved it, but he kept wanting to wander off and explore the other parts of the park, and because of the heat, we didn't stay too long.  It was great having them over as usual.  That doesn't happen very often, but more often than it does for you, Linny.  They usually try to combine a trip here with a trip to Costco, where they get baby food and diapers mainly.

Jo, thanks for thinking of me and passing that website to me, and thanks to Linny for posting the picture of it.  However, my present ironing board is about the same size as that, and even though it makes the space pretty cramped it's working with it up.  I just have to walk back and forth more than in the previous configuration, or I use a hard pillow like thing for ironing right on the sewing table.  

Hoping everyone gets back online here soon.  

Have a great week, everyone!

Donna C.

Donna C.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,744
Points 120,460
Linny t replied on Tue, Aug 4 2015 11:08 AM

Donna C:

These are adorable, Donna.  It's going to make a lovely keepsake.  I see that Batman one in there...too cute.  Just thinking of onesies makes me remember that baby smell.  Nice that your DD is getting back the one's she's lent out so you can make it bigger.  It's lovely.

Your DH is handy with a hammer, sounds like.  Maybe you could post pics of some of the things he's made.  I bet you're proud of him.

Yay that Ross finally got another job.  Hope he does well there. I know it's a little hard on you when he's not working and can imagine it's a bit more of a relief to you than even your DH or Ross.  I know I hate tension in my home.

Nice that you had a fun day with your daughter, though.  We have daughters the same age.  My Audra is 36, also.  Tell your DD I said happy birthday.

We've been having rain every day for the past couple of weeks.  Finally today we have sun, but with that will come the heat and humidity typical to Florida...temps in the 90's with matching humidity, lol.  Lots of places around me have flooded, but it didn't flood at my house, thank goodness.  

Linny T

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 290
Points 6,330
Donna C replied on Tue, Aug 4 2015 4:09 PM

Linny t:
We've been having rain every day for the past couple of weeks.  Finally today we have sun, but with that will come the heat and humidity typical to Florida...temps in the 90's with matching humidity, lol.  Lots of places around me have flooded, but it didn't flood at my house, thank goodness.  

Your  weather sounds like what we had the end of May, first of June.  Now it's dangerously dry with heat advisories.  Even so I get out driving in the middle of the day to play Ingress.  I like keeping my area free of green fields.  Blue rules!  :-D  Then I get on Hangouts and chat with some fellow players about what we've been doing or plan on doing, or whatever.

Thanks for your comments on the progress of the memory quilt.  I'm thinking about piecing some of the smaller leftover bits, like crazy quilting, to make more squares, too.

I'm not getting any email notifications still even though I turned them on at the top of this Day 4. I checked it on my profile,, too.  Anything else we could do?

Donna C.

Donna C.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,744
Points 120,460
Linny t replied on Wed, Aug 5 2015 10:49 AM

Donna C:
I'm not getting any email notifications still even though I turned them on at the top of this Day 4. I checked it on my profile,, too.  Anything else we could do?

There's something wrong with the website, Donna.  Go up to the top right hand of the screen where it says "Report Issues".  Click on that and send a complaint.  I did and they say they're working on it, hoping to have it fixed by the end of the week.

I like the idea of piecing some of the smaller bits.  That would add a lot of interest to your quilt, I imagine.  

Your weather sounds too hot for my liking, but heat is better than floods, for sure.  It's just a couple more months of it for us.  I was thinking since it felt like we skipped spring that we'd have an early winter.  Sounds fair, right? lol.  Hope we don't have any tropical weather this year.  They say we won't have a very active year.  I'm hoping they're right.  It scares me.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,271
Points 45,375
Diane replied on Wed, Aug 5 2015 2:45 PM

Hi everyone

I was not receiving postings either.  I'll use that button if it happens again.  Linny---good that you started New Day 4.  I think that worked last time.

Donna--the quilt will be really pretty.

Robin--lovey roses.  I hope you and everyone is having a good summer.

Linny---any ideas about the orniment RR.  Maybe people are too busy. 

I am busy repairing jewelry.  I have a friend who always has broken jewelry to repair.  I have several projects going.  Mostly necklaces.  I'll post some soon (I hope). :o)

• Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 484
Points 8,375

Whoo hoo!!!  We're back up and running. I've missed all my friends!!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 290
Points 6,330
Donna C replied on Wed, Aug 5 2015 6:37 PM

Linny t:
There's something wrong with the website, Donna.  Go up to the top right hand of the screen where it says "Report Issues".  Click on that and send a complaint.  I did and they say they're working on it, hoping to have it fixed by the end of the week.

They must have fixed it, because I got your reply in my email.  Yay!

I'm hoping you're right about not having as much tropical storms this year, too.  We've got a cruise to the Florida Keys and the Bahamas scheduled for the beginning of September!

I've been laying down  most of the day with pain in my left back, kidney area.  I have a history of kidney stones, but it's been literally years and years since I had any passing, like around 30.  When I had my gall bladder out about 20 years ago my urologist also widened by uretha tube so that the stones that were there would pass without as much pain and problem.  This may be one passing.  It's definitely NOT as bad as it used to be, but enough to slow me down!  The heating pad has felt good today.

Donna C.

Donna C.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 290
Points 6,330
Donna C replied on Wed, Aug 5 2015 6:40 PM

Diane:
I am busy repairing jewelry.  I have a friend who always has broken jewelry to repair.  I have several projects going.  Mostly necklaces.  I'll post some soon (I hope). :o)

I sure wish you were near me.  I have a bag of jewelry to repair.  My daughter knows how, but with the baby and all, I couldn't ask her.  She told me I could do it, but I don't even know what kind of tools I need or anything!

Anyway, do post your projects.  I'd love to see them.

Donna C.

Donna C.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,744
Points 120,460
Linny t replied on Thu, Aug 6 2015 10:41 AM

It sure is nice to see people posting again.  

Darlene, wondering how you're doing, dear.  Post when you can.

Jo, I loved the emails you sent.  Especially the one with all the old historical pictures.  Fascinating.

Donna, sorry to here you're down with a back ache.  Hope it passes quickly.

Diane, I get that too, especially at work.  Once people know you make jewelry they are always coming asking you to fix something.  I don't mind.  I actually like doing it.  I like making them happy.

Lillie, what's new in your neck of the woods?

Robin, it's good to see you posting regularly again.  How goes it with your sewing room decorating?  Did you get to paint yet?

Stephanie, I know you guys are so busy.  Just sending hugs.  Post when you can...

Hope everyone has a lovely Thursday.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,744
Points 120,460
Linny t replied on Thu, Aug 6 2015 10:46 AM

Diane:
Linny---any ideas about the orniment RR.  Maybe people are too busy. 

I know I can't do it with this shoulder surgery coming in 2 weeks.  I was really looking forward to it, too.  I'm trying to teach myself to write left handed so I'll be able to work as I'll be in a sling for 4 weeks.  That doesn't mean you all can't decide to do it without me, though.  

Linny T

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 222
Points 5,445
Jo1030 replied on Thu, Aug 6 2015 8:50 PM

Hi Everyone,  I finally got on QCA main site and found the new Day 4.  I don't know if I will get them by email or not.  I really like getting them in my email.

I am so upset....... the pain in my hip is back and the doctor said he didn't think it was from my back even tho' that is what he said was causing it b/4 the surgery.  I use the walker a lot because my hip just about kills me when I walk w/o it.  I can only stand for a short time ( like 5 min.) before I have to sit down from the pain in hip, back and legs. The physical therapy doesn't seem to be helping.  I hate to think I will be like this for the rest of my life.  I am not suppose to see the doctor until Oct. 

I think I am caught up with all the posts.     Hugs, Jo

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,224
Points 70,040
Robin replied on Fri, Aug 7 2015 5:00 AM

Good Morning  everyone,

Sorry for not posting recently.   I've been busy with organizing and arranging the room I'm moving into so I can get to work.  I've got several quilts I need to get out in the next in August.   Plus the start of school.  

Donna,  Your oneies quilt i going to be so cute!   What a great keepsake.

Linny,  I hope your surgery goes well and that recovery won't take long.

Diane,   It's great to have you back.   I didn't sign up for the ornament exchange and still can't commit due the chaos with my room at school.

Have a sweet and precious day.

Robin

Page 1 of 32 (474 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2016 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.