a new friend

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 182
Points 4,115
Donna C Posted: Sun, Apr 20 2014 6:04 PM

I'm so glad to find this group.  Now I don't feel so alone with my crazy quilting.  I got started several years ago with the book Crazy Quilting in a Weekend by Flora Roberts, and since have done several things from that book.  Then after I recently retired I've had more time to put into it, and have found many you tube videos,  and then I found you all!  I've enjoyed reading most of the posts from the discussion title "Day 3" (why Day 3?), but discontinued the email notifications, because they were filling up my inbox way too fast!  :D  So, I'll be going on to the webpage frequently instead.  Does anyone else do that?

• Post Points: 80
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 970
Points 16,565

Donna C - FYI most of all the chit chatting for this group is on My Day 3.  I only know that cause I was knew a couple of days ago and that's where the welcome committee sent me.  LOL I left the email messages on cause I can keep up with all the responses without it.  This group and website has a huge following.  I keep checking my email to see where I left off cause I will forget.

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 404
Points 28,065

Donna, welcome to our group.

As MamaG has replies, the majority of our discussion is done in My Day3.  This is Day 3 because the discussion thread got so big we had to start a new one to keep it moving. 

I hope that you can chime in on that discussion thread and that we get to know you soon.

We are a rather "crazy" group that loves to quilt.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 346
Points 6,140
lilliepad replied on Mon, Apr 21 2014 7:02 AM

Welcome Donna C! 

Most of us chat from My Day 3. I don't go to the web page unless someone has posted something in media. We seem to be a prolific writing group and my inbox fills up fast as well. I read all the posts and answer when I can.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,648
Points 140,813
Stephanie replied on Mon, Apr 21 2014 9:33 AM

Welcome to the group Donna. Look forward to chatting with you, and seeing your projects. I don't do the email notifications, Just check into the discussions every day.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,492
Points 116,025
Linny t replied on Mon, Apr 21 2014 10:14 AM

Welcome to our crazy little group.  In answer to your My Day 3 question.  The threads get so big over time that sometimes it helps to start a new on, so we've had 1 and 2 and now 3.  Soon it'll be 4...it's been awhile...  I set up an email address just for QCA in gmail where I have conversation view set on.  That way I see when a thread's been updated, but not have a separate email for every post. 

Congrats on your retirement.  I can't wait until that day.  I have a few more years to go, but not many.  We'd love to see some of your work.  Care to post some pics?

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,176
Points 43,490
Diane replied on Mon, Apr 21 2014 11:00 AM

Welcome Donna--this is a very friendly group.  We have gotten to know each other pretty well.  Welcome to you and I hope you enjoy what we have to offer.  We welcome you!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 182
Points 4,115
Donna C replied on Mon, Apr 21 2014 9:18 PM

Thanks, Linny.  I'll look into your gmail idea, but in the meantime I'll just check in online.  I'm working on crazy quilting a large tote bag for my sister's birthday.  She travels a lot.  All I have left on it is sewing on the binding.  I did the lining today.   I'll post some pictures of that, and maybe some more things as soon as I get that done.  Thanks for your interest!

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,492
Points 116,025
Linny t replied on Thu, Apr 24 2014 10:34 AM

Donna C:

Thanks, Linny.  I'll look into your gmail idea, but in the meantime I'll just check in online.  I'm working on crazy quilting a large tote bag for my sister's birthday.  She travels a lot.  All I have left on it is sewing on the binding.  I did the lining today.   I'll post some pictures of that, and maybe some more things as soon as I get that done.  Thanks for your interest!

I'm looking forward to seeing the tote and any other pics you get to post, Donna.  I'm sure you DS will love using the tote and thinking of you while she's traveling.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,154
Points 68,425
Robin replied on Mon, May 19 2014 4:58 PM

Hi Donna,

Welcome to the group.   I read all of the post online at the site.   I just go to my home page when I get on and click on my last post.  Then I read from where I last posted to the end.   I'm on every day so I usually don't have any problems keeping up. 

Would love to see some of your projects when you have time to post them.

Robin

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 346
Points 6,140
lilliepad replied on Mon, May 19 2014 5:24 PM

Robin:

Hi Donna,

Welcome to the group.   I read all of the post online at the site.   I just go to my home page when I get on and click on my last post.  Then I read from where I last posted to the end.   I'm on every day so I usually don't have any problems keeping up. 

Would love to see some of your projects when you have time to post them.

Robin

Hi Donna- welcome!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use