rated by 0 users
This post has 2,949 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,496
Points 138,388
Stephanie replied on Sun, Mar 16 2014 8:18 AM

Norma Doll:
I have never felt like I have had a sinus problem, till this time.....I had a headache above my eyes and my whole head just felt plugged up. I never had a cough, sneeze or runny nose; I just couldn't breathe through my nose and a dry/scratchy throat.

They can be so miserable. I was plagued with chronic sinus and allergies when I was younger. Saline mist  and hot steam help break up that clog. Mucinex does too, but the drainage it starts can be overwhelming. Feels so good to be able to breathe again. 

I hope your chest pains aren't anything serious. I'd definitely be calling about it. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,993
Points 64,430
Robin replied on Sun, Mar 16 2014 9:04 AM

Lillie:

I'm almost finished with Robin's block. I'm pleased with what I have accomplished thus far. Are we supposed to take pictures of our finished work, or wait until the block in finished and the owner will publish the picture?

I hope we're suppose to take pictures after we stitch.  I don't think I could wait until it's all said and done to see what you guys have done.

I'm so excited!

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,119
Points 110,550
Linny t replied on Sun, Mar 16 2014 9:29 AM

Robin:
I hope we're suppose to take pictures after we stitch.  I don't think I could wait until it's all said and done to see what you guys have done.
 Yes, we post pics in the media before we send them on.  We can also post them in here, too.

I wrote a post yesterday and I don't see it here, darn it.  It was late, so I didn't check to see if it actually posted.  

Robin, I can't wait to see what you've done on my block.  I get so excited every time you say you've been working on it.  I'm sorry the principal doesn't value your program so much.  You touch so many lives teaching the kids these life skills, he must be blind or something.  I'm praying his eyes become open along the way.  What a nice surprise to come home to all your chores being done.  Those are some wonderful daughters you've got there.  I am looking forward to the CQ pics.  I'm so happy that Donn is so supportive of your love of quilting.  He's a gem for sure.  

Stephanie, glad to see you posting.  Sounds like you really enjoyed your family.  That's nice that you all can get together like that once a year.  

Darlene, hope you feel better.  Yesterday I missed that post where you said you were sick.  Nice that the boys are helping out and taking care of you.  That chalk festival sounds like a fun day.  Hope you sell a lot.

Jo, sinus pressure is the worst.  Hope you're feeling much better today.

Diane, I hope you sell so many earrings you have a hard time keeping up with making more.

I spent the day yesterday bumming around with my sister.  We didn't do any craft shopping.  I got some new clothes for work and a bedspread that I liked a lot.  Today I'm going to work on Diane's block some more and then make some earrings to go with my new blouses, so a crafty day while the laundry's going in the background  Our weather is changing tonight, so it'll be not the best day to be outdoors anyway...that's a justification to not do yard work in case you all were wondering...

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,496
Points 138,388
Stephanie replied on Sun, Mar 16 2014 3:36 PM

Linny t:
glad to see you posting.

Thanks Linny. Good to be back.

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone's doing on the blocks and the pic's of Darlene's CQ, and Robin's quilt show CQ. Getting new clothes is such a great feeling. I bought a couple tops while my sis was here, and one I just love. Makes me happy to be out of the same old reruns. And for you to make matching earrings for you new ones is too cool. Happy to read you treated yourself to a new bedspread too. We girls need change....

I'm going to have to look into the weather change for tomorrow. I was going to help DS work in his yard and do some front door painting. He wants a woodgrain effect to go with his garage door that I did for him last year. Hmmm....

Going in to work on Lillie's block. Nice to have a needle and thread in my hands again....

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,063
Points 41,320
Diane replied on Sun, Mar 16 2014 11:07 PM

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,063
Points 41,320
Diane replied on Sun, Mar 16 2014 11:18 PM

Diane:
I was unable to write an explanation for the other pics so I just posted them and quoted myself. lol

Here are my babies---Nelly on left and Guido on right.  Nelly has grown so much over the winter.  She was always a little bigger than him but she had a growth spurt!  They are enjoying the heat lamp actually being friends instead of Guido getting macho and bothering her all the time.  I'm glad they figured that out.  lol

The pic below is my cat lying on the floor next to the dragons.  It's amazing how animals can accept each other.

I got the incubator out.  I am figuring that since the eggs are growing in her tummy, they must be fertilized.   When she is about to drop them,  I think she will become really excited and active.  I'm thinking I'm going to put her in her tank since she has calmed down.  I'll put her "birthing box" in there---a box with some sand in it that she gets inot and can scratch in trying to get the eggs out.  

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 334
Points 9,150

Diane:
Here are my babies---Nelly on left and Guido on right

Thanks for posting your babies.......are they the only (lizards)  you have now?   I don't know the correct name for them.   Your cat looks like a pretty cat.  Last night we had only been in bed for one hour and Sammy came in wanting out. It was only 30 degrees out and snowing and I didn't want him out, so I closed the bedroom door.  I got up this morning at 4:30 (long nap yesterday) and he was on the back of the couch and he hasn't wanted out yet. Hard to figure animals out.  Looks like we got about 4 inches of snow.  

Good Morning, Everyone!  Hope you all have a marvelous Monday.     Hugs, Jo

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,993
Points 64,430
Robin replied on Mon, Mar 17 2014 4:24 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that the luck of the Irish is with everyone today.

We've gotten over 5" of rain in less than 24 hours here in Madison.  A big storm front has been moving through.  It will be interesting to see how many kids don't come to school today.  Today we start measuring which is always interesting.  Kids have a hard time measuring out product because of the math.

Linny,   I'm glad you and your sister got out and about.   I think buying new clothes can be a fun thing to do when you are in the mood for it.   I'm with Stephanie you need to make yourself some new earrings to match your tops.

Stephanie,  So glad your back and that you and your sister got a little girl time.

Diane,  Your dragons always amaze me. 

Jo,  Animals are funny.  Cats in peculiar!  They love to act so independent until they need something then they are the most annoying thing in the world until you give in or put your foot down.   I love them.    I have always admired their personalities.

I did stitch some yesterday but I'm not quite finished, so no pictures yet.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Mar 17 2014 6:15 AM

Diane,

That's amazing. Do the dragons always hang-out together? And you cat doesn't bother them? How cool is that!

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,496
Points 138,388
Stephanie replied on Mon, Mar 17 2014 6:43 AM

Robin:
They love to act so independent until they need something then they are the most annoying thing in the world until you give in or put your foot down.   I love them.

Isn't that the truth! LOL. Otis always get what he wants. 

Have fun with the measuring.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,119
Points 110,550
Linny t replied on Mon, Mar 17 2014 12:02 PM

Diane, your babies are so cute.  I thought they'd look good embroidered with beads, lol.  Your kitty leaves them alone?  Such a pretty cat!

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,063
Points 41,320
Diane replied on Mon, Mar 17 2014 1:13 PM

Jo---I have one of their babies.  He is beautiful between the red and beige.   They have just begun to hang out like that and the cat accepts them.  Sometimes the lizards walk right over the cat.  They usually walk in a straight line no matter what is in their way.  lol  And Linny---the bead thing is a great idea!

Going for a routine check to the eye doctor today.  Icy and snowy outside.

Jo---cats get bored.  He maybe just wanted to watch the snow.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,119
Points 110,550
Linny t replied on Mon, Mar 17 2014 1:23 PM

Robin:
We've gotten over 5" of rain in less than 24 hours here in Madison.  A big storm front has been moving through.  It will be interesting to see how many kids don't come to school today.  Today we start measuring which is always interesting.  Kids have a hard time measuring out product because of the math.
 That's a lot of rain.  We're just now getting that storm.  We have tornado watches & High wind advisories.

Measuring large quantities of food is challenging for me, too.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,993
Points 64,430
Robin replied on Tue, Mar 18 2014 5:28 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

It's still raining in little ole' Madison.  Over 5".

Diane I hope your dentist appointment was better than mine was.   I have torn my gum below one of my front teeth.  It's been like this since December but I just hadn't had the time to fool with it.  The Dentist told me yesterday I'm going to have to have a gum graft to cover the root of my tooth or lose my tooth.   I'm on this hi power mouth wash to improve my overall gum health and am suppose to call the doctor today.

Linny,  Hope the storm hasn't had any neglect affects on your area.

Here's the pictures from the quilt show of the only crazy quilt.   It was so interesting to look at it up so close.  

Have a great day!

Robin

• Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Mar 18 2014 6:49 AM

Lovely pictures Robin. Thanks so much for sharing them with us.

northern colorado

Page 94 of 197 (2950 items) «Prev9293949596Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use