Female
Posts 3,053
Points 65,880
Robin replied on Tue, Mar 11 2014 8:55 PM

Lillie:

Norma Doll:

Robin:
  I hope he is suffering to bad.  

George is doing ok....he even went for a walk around the neighborhood today.  You can't keep a good man down!  It only hurts when he reaches forward with his left arm. I hope he can still play golf this summer.  

Jo-I'm so happy to hear that George is up, active, and not in too much discomfort.

So sorry I meant not suffering to bad .

Robin

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,053
Points 65,880
Robin replied on Wed, Mar 12 2014 4:54 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I can't believe it is only Wednesday.   I'm so tired this week.

Today is going to be busy with a bunch of people coming by to play peek a boo.   We have kids from the local private school coming to by to look at classes.  We have someone coming to observe us.  Craziness! 

One of my biggest problems with school these days is still looming over my head.  The school is fixing to be remodeled.  Like tearing out walls and reconfiguring walls.  It will take the better part of two years.  In the process I have to move out of my room and clear out all of my stuff.  Which is alot of stuff.  I've been really anxious lately because I love my room and have worked very hard to get it right.  Now I have to give it up and I have no idea where I am going.  Plus I'm being asked to make decisions for the next 30 years.  So it's not just me I affect it the next 30 years of teachers in my position that I affect.   Add to that my principal are on the outs and you can imagine that my fears range from everything where I poke into a way to small of a hole with not enough space to do my job.  To choosing appliances and such that will handicap the future of students.  So the as I said.  Craziness!

Linny,  Sorry I didn't see your earlier post about Mom.  She is doing well at home on her own to here her tell it.   She is going to physical therapy for 12 weeks and then should be released.  She has had several doctor's appointments with various doctors and everyone has given her a good report.   She still has to see the neurologist and her primary care physician.

Jo,   I'm so sorry about the typo in the earlier statement.  It is amazing how one little word can make such a big difference.

Diane and Norma Jo,  I see another blizzard is headed for the upper part of the US.  I hope you will both be ok.  Diane take care of that cold.

Well,  got to run.   Hope you all have a Wonderful Wednesday.

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Mar 12 2014 7:46 AM

I talked with my sista, who lives 1 hour north of Detroit, and she said they were expecting 6-8 inches of snow last night. I was so excited for her.  I'm stuck here in 50 degree weather.  Needless to say, she was not thrilled with my excitement.  lol

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Wed, Mar 12 2014 11:23 AM

Norma Doll:

Robin:
  I hope he is suffering to bad.  

George is doing ok....he even went for a walk around the neighborhood today.  You can't keep a good man down!  It only hurts when he reaches forward with his left arm. I hope he can still play golf this summer.  

Wow, that's a real testament to his having a good physical condition.  He must take really good care of himself...I know you help him do that, Jo.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Wed, Mar 12 2014 11:32 AM

Robin:
One of my biggest problems with school these days is still looming over my head.  The school is fixing to be remodeled.  Like tearing out walls and reconfiguring walls.  It will take the better part of two years.  In the process I have to move out of my room and clear out all of my stuff.  Which is alot of stuff.  I've been really anxious lately because I love my room and have worked very hard to get it right.  Now I have to give it up and I have no idea where I am going.  Plus I'm being asked to make decisions for the next 30 years.  So it's not just me I affect it the next 30 years of teachers in my position that I affect.   Add to that my principal are on the outs and you can imagine that my fears range from everything where I poke into a way to small of a hole with not enough space to do my job.  To choosing appliances and such that will handicap the future of students.  So the as I said.  Craziness!
 Robin, you can only make decisions based on what you know.  Don't fret over 30 years from now.  It seems so unfair and haven't they just recently given you kitchen upgrades and now they're changing everything?  How upsetting.  That's such a huge change, right at the last part of the school year, too.  Wouldn't it be better to wait until the summer to plan all that?  It sounds like craziness.  I'll pray extra for you to have peace of mind about it all.  

Glad to hear your mom is doing so well, too.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Wed, Mar 12 2014 11:33 AM

Lillie:

I talked with my sista, who lives 1 hour north of Detroit, and she said they were expecting 6-8 inches of snow last night. I was so excited for her.  I'm stuck here in 50 degree weather.  Needless to say, she was not thrilled with my excitement.  lol

Lillie, you wondered why I guessed you wanted to do winter on my block, right?  It's these kinds of posts, lol...

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,114
Points 42,220
Diane replied on Wed, Mar 12 2014 8:17 PM

Robin---I feel your pain!  I have moved so many times while the hospital was renovating.  It is so stressful.  Can the students help you move?  It sounds like a good time to get rid of stuff you never use too.  I always  need to sit down and relax, maybe meditate to start making the decisions. Prayer helps me too.  I hope they give you time to work them out.  It seems like there should be more than one person having to make these decisions like a committee of people who are also experienced.  My thought is that you have been doing things the best way possible for 30 years.  It's tried and true.  I'm sure you also have a list in your head of things that you would like to change.  Trust your own judgement and experience.

Jo---so glad George's fall didn't turn out worse.  He was lucky.  I almost tripped over a curb today and it took so much out of me.  That's what I get for rushing.  It makes me want to use a cane which I don't want to do.

The dragons are pregnant again.  I felt a few eggs in her belly and she's acting like she did before running all over the place and trying to push them out.  I'll have to check about how to sell them or I just let these go.

Have a good night everyone.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Thu, Mar 13 2014 11:22 AM

Diane:
The dragons are pregnant again.  I felt a few eggs in her belly and she's acting like she did before running all over the place and trying to push them out.  I'll have to check about how to sell them or I just let these go.
 How exciting!  More baby dragons!  Looks like it's back to crickets in the bathtub for you soon.  Hope you find a way to sell them this time.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,114
Points 42,220
Diane replied on Thu, Mar 13 2014 3:23 PM

Nelly many have unfertilized eggs.  I had her out with Guido a couple of weeks ago but I'll have to check that---the length of time after they are fertilized.They seem to be getting bigger every day.  I guess I have to do more research. lol

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,114
Points 42,220
Diane replied on Thu, Mar 13 2014 5:04 PM

I meant--Nelly may have unfertilized eggs.  LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Fri, Mar 14 2014 5:14 AM

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to pop in and let you know I've been following your posts and hope to join back in over the weekend....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,053
Points 65,880
Robin replied on Fri, Mar 14 2014 6:13 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

It's Friday! and a Teacher work day!  YaYYYYY!

Unfortunately grades are due Monday so today is all about finishing up that chore.

Stephanie--- Great to hear from you. Can't wait for you to get back.

Diane---- Eggs again! This could turn in to a full time job at this rate.

Lillie--- I hope your sister is weathering the storm ok.   A friend of mine who lives in Buffalo said they've had like 126 inches of snow this season.

Linny--- How's your northern bound daughter?

Jo--- How's George?

Have a great day!

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Fri, Mar 14 2014 11:25 AM

Happy Pi Day, everyone!  (3.14)...that's what I saw online anyways.  To me it's another TGIF!

Robin:
Linny--- How's your northern bound daughter?
 She'd doing well.  They've had so much snow this year she said she's afraid to wish for Spring or it'll come and another round of snow will come in and destroy it.  

Steph, it's great to see you back!

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 350
Points 9,500
Norma Doll replied on Fri, Mar 14 2014 12:00 PM

Robin:
How's George?

George is doing ok.......it still hurts when he moves certain ways.  Sometimes he hollers and scares me when it hurts.

How exciting .... more dragons! Diane,I know you are probably saying, "You don't have to take care and worry about them."

Hang in there Robin, it will all work out in the end.    Hugs, Jo

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,114
Points 42,220
Diane replied on Fri, Mar 14 2014 4:13 PM

Hi Everyone

Don't have much to say.  Playing too many Facebook games.  Eating up all my time!

Nelly is still running around trying to get rid of her eggs.

I found a shop nearby that wants to sell my chandelier earrings on consignment!!!  Now I have to get working!!  I hope I can tear myself away from this computer for an hour a day.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Page 92 of 228 (3415 items) «Prev9091929394Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use