My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,938 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Fri, Mar 7 2014 11:16 AM

I got an error for both of my posts, but alas, I see they posted.  This site is strange...

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Fri, Mar 7 2014 11:19 AM

Jo, I love your towels.  They are so pretty with the borders and rick rack on them.  You're so clever.

I don't think your sewing room looks messy at all.  You are well organized for a small space and looks like you make the best of every inch.

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 334
Points 9,150

Lillie:
The ric-rac is perfect on them

Thanks, Lillie.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 334
Points 9,150

Linny t:
 They are so pretty with the borders and rick rack on them

Thanks, Linny.  With all that ric  rac that I ordered, I will be making a lot of things. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,493
Points 138,373

Hi Everybody!

Just got a breather to check in and catch up reading the posts...

Lillie, 

In using the mini rollers I just tuck the end in under  the last wrap. and gently pull through. Kinda like the first lace of a shoe. I am following your new blog.

Jo,

I'm sorry to read of you having to have 3 teeth pulled. Not fun! Your sewing room looks like a great space. If it was too tidy that would mean you weren't putting it to good use. And by the looks of those pretty towels you've been embellishing with fabric and ric rac you have been very busy in there. Sammy looks cute in the window. And isn't it great to have everything accessible and know where it is? Thanks for letting us know about the ric rac.

Diane,

A trip to Staples too. Yahoo. I love their stores. I think I am fully recovered now. Still working on the energy level. I started the statins that the doc prescribed and in two days don't seem to be having any adverse effects. Thanks for checking up on me.  I'm so excited to read you have ideas for my block. Can't wait... You found some pretty ribbons on ebay. Nice!

Gini,

Having company, and still haven't had a chance to pop over to the new site, but I'm gonna. Happy that you have a place with no issues and that the owner is working with you to have it be everything you want.

Robin,

Sounds like you needed a little catch up on some rest time, when you said you'd laid in the bed too long. Looking forward to seeing what you do on Linny's block.

Linny,

Thanks for covering for me in letting everyone know I have company. We're having a great time visiting and running around.

Hope this posts................... 

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,062
Points 41,315
Diane replied on Fri, Mar 7 2014 6:51 PM

Jo---I like your sewing room.  It looks like you have a place for everything.  And your towels look great.  I can't believe those towels came from a hospital!  I never saw anything like that in all the hospitals I worked in.  And they hardly look used!  Well, have fun.

Glad to hear that you are better Steph.  That's a good idea about tucking the ribbon.

Robin--the sigh is cute--I know how that feels.  Don't know how I did it all.

Today I went upstairs and had a haircut.  She comes on Fri, Sat, and Sun.  She gave me a very short, short cut.  It is styled very well.  I didn't ask for it this short but I think she takes what you say and does it her way.  I'll have to watch her. LOL

Have a good night everyone!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 334
Points 9,150

Stephanie:
I started the statins that the doc prescribed and in two days don't seem to be having any adverse effects.

Be careful taking the Statins......I was on them about 3 years ago and they affected my muscles. My Creatinkinese level went really high in my blood work and they took me off of the Statin and said never take them again.  I think George takes them and doesn't seem to have any affect on him.  I am not sure I spelled that right or if it should be two words, but your doctor should know what you are talking about and you should be able to look it up on line.

You are right the towels look like they have hardly been used.  Diane, she worked in the department where they cleaned the instruments.

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Jo, I will chime in and agree with all the others that your sewing room does not look messy.  It looks used. 

You have been creating some lovely things and if everything was out of sight, I would think you didn't spend any time in there.

Keep up the good work.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Linny t:
I got on this site and replied with no error message.  I clicked my home page button and got there without an error message.  It's a banner day!

Linny, had to laugh at the comment about the home page.  I know that I am not a very frequent flyer here but I cannot recall having issues with my home page.  Of course, I have saved the discussions of this group on my favorites and this is my "landing" when I log in and I can get to my home page when I want to.

I agree with everyone that you have earned the right to wear your PJs for as long as you desire when you retire.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Diane:
We stopped at Staples

Diane, I love Staples and could spend an entire day in there.  You are right about it being like a department store now.  You can find anything and everything there.  My family cringes when I say I want to go there or Office Max.  Really need to be sure I have the time and the funds to go there. 

So glad you are getting out.  I firmly believe it is important to our mental health and our physical well being to get out of our "four walls" and interact with others.  This is not always easy when you have health issues but does so much good.

Hope that you are able to continue with all the strides you have made.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Stephanie:
Just got a breather to check in and catch up reading the posts

Stephanie, so glad you are enjoying your company.  Sounds like you are doing lots of things together and that is always fun.

Stephanie:
Hope this posts................... 

I had a fat finger moment on my last post and went in to edit it and got the error message but then it posted.  Scary.  You never know.

I have been posting just little answers to each of you but after the error, I think I will put the rest of my thoughts here and cross my fingers [and toes]

I have had a busy couple weeks and am taking some mental health time this morning.  Still in my jammies, in bed with the cat and my laptop.  Stedman is not happy that I haven't fed him yet but he has apparently resigned himself to the fact he has to wait.

Tim's radiation treatment was this past Thursday and went well.  There were three trips to Rochester before that day to get all the preparations done.  We had some nasty driving one day coming home and it didn't look good while I sat in the waiting room another day.  Fortunately the driving cleared up that day and we had clear sailing home.  I am always thankful for good driving on the trip to the appointments because of time factors and figure if I have to encounter bad driving, I would prefer the trip home because we aren't worried about being there by a specific time. 

Tim is on Spring break now until the 17th so he has time to "recover".  The recovery is more mental than physical.  Only side affect he seemed to have was to the contrast and that is something which happens every time.  His next MRI is in June and we will know then whether this "worked".  Hard to wait but the doctors say that it takes that long for results to be evident on the scans.

I have been sewing like the crazy quilter that I am and have had very positive feedback from the place I have my things on consignment.  She took a special order for me and that is done and delivered. 

I found a baggie of scraps from a comforter that the quilting group at our church had given me.  They had cut it down to size to use as a back for a quilt they were making and they gave me the left overs.  I had a pillow sham and part of the comforter which I took the quilting out of and then I set it aside.  I was inspired this week to do something with it.  I was able to get twelve 12.5 inch CQ blocks from it only adding a slight amount from my stash.  It had been strip pieced and I didn't take the strips apart.  I had taken the prairie points apart and then sewn them back together as HSTs.  This was the focal point of each block.  I then took the strip sets and just added them around the middle.  The colors are very pale creams with a small purple floral print and so I added a strip of purple in each block to bring some life to it. A lot of tan in it also.  I have the blocks sewn together and have put a border on it.  Now I need to decide what to do to finish it.  Not sure how much bigger I want this to be or what fabric to use next.  I was so proud of myself when I finished the 12 blocks, I actually threw away the bits and pieces.  This is a major thing for me.  I would normally have saved them for another project but felt there wasn't enough, so I let them go.

I tried to post a pic of what I have done but that isn't working for me so I will try again.

Today I need to take my car for tires, go to a store and buy new smoke detectors [someone told Tim that you should replace your smoke detectors every 3 years and so he has it in his bonnet that we need new ones.  don't suppose it will hurt but seems like a way to get people to buy them every 3 years.] and then I am helping with a spaghetti dinner at our church this afternoon.

Hope you all have a great Saturday.  If you are where this is appropriate, don't forget to spring ahead tonight.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,992
Points 64,380
Robin replied on Sat, Mar 8 2014 1:47 PM

Good afternoon Everyone,

I hope you have a bright spot of sunshine where you are.   For the first time in days it does look like we might have spring this year.   Very thankful for the warmth and the sunshine.   I guess I'm still rebounding from the trip and getting ready for it.  I went out to school this morning to work because the kids were out there helping with a 5K for autism awareness.    Couldn't focus much after 12:00.   So I came home now I can't seem to rest.

Jo,  Your sewing room looks like a very productive place.  Your towels are proof of that.  There so pretty.

Stephanie,   I hope you and your company have a great visit.

Linny,   I like the thought that we're sewing together.  

Diane,  Sounds like the getting out did you a world of good.

Lillie,  I check out your blog site looks like you are off to a good start.

Darlene,  I hope that Tim's treatment went well.  Everyone talks about how busy I am but I think you deserve the busy bee award.   I got tired just reading all the things you have been up to and have to do this weekend.

Have a great day everyone,

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Sat, Mar 8 2014 2:46 PM

Happy Saturday, everyone!  Hope you're loving your life, whatever you're doing.  Enjoy the last day of daylight savings time.  Tomorrow we Spring ahead...more daylight after work, but going to work in the dark.  That's what I don't like about it.  I always feel half asleep in the mornings for the first couple of weeks.

Darlene, you are like a wonder woman to me.  Where, oh where, do tell, do you get all that energy?  C'mon...share your secrets, lol.  You and Tim are on my heart all the time these days.  My prayers are joining all the rest going up to the Father for health and healing for Tim.  It's a God send that he's going through chemo during Spring break.  Hope he surprises everyone and is back to normal quicker than was expected.  I suppose you keep your hands busy so your mind doesn't go overtime in the wrong direction.  All your quilting activity and accomplishments amazing.  Post a pic if you can.  It's not been easy to post pics lately because of this site, I know.

Diane, I love Staples but don't go any more because they closed the store in my town.  Now it's Office Max.  Oh, yes...must have a strict budget in mind before going in there.  I'm glad you got out for it.  All that fresh air is wonderful for cleaning out the cob webs of winter.

Robin, after the week last few weeks that you had, I bet you have jet lag today, lol.  I'm surprised to hear you went to school this morning.  Your heart is so big where the kids are concerned.  You and Darlene are both the Energizer Bunny's cousins to me.  I did work on Diane's block today and I thought about you stitching at the same time.  Hope you enjoy your pretty Spring day.

Stephanie, I just know you are all creating memories together...you with your brothers & sister.  The weather today in Florida is perfect for exploring with out of town company. 

Jo, you are always so full of wonderful advise and tips.  We're all so lucky you're a part of this group.  I wanted to say about rick rack, have you seen the flowers they make with it where you weave 2 pieces together and then gather it with thread like with ribbon flowers?  I saw that on one of the sewing shows and thought about you.  It was a lady named Kari Mecca from Kari me Away.  She does a lot with kids clothing and has tons of ideas for cute, simple embellishments.  She's on Martha Pullen's show a lot.

Gini, I visited the Quilting Around the World site and it's very nice.  The people are all so friendly, like quilter-ly people usually are.  I still have a lot more poking around to do to see how it all works, but so far it's pretty cool.  

I had such a busy week that when I woke up this morning, I felt exhausted, even after 10 hours of sleep.  I had dreams about my Ricky, too.  That always does this to me as well.  I decided early to just sew today, so Diane, your block is getting all the attention.  I love the fabrics and colors in your block and I'm having so much fun.  I have a question for you.  I know you said no bulky buttons, but what about charms (flat-ish ones)?  Should I avoid those, too? 

Linny T

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,879
gini replied on Sat, Mar 8 2014 5:58 PM

Darlene, I don't follow this thread often, i am sorry to hear Tim has been ill, you will be in my prayers.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,062
Points 41,315
Diane replied on Sat, Mar 8 2014 10:57 PM

Norma Doll:
Be careful taking the Statins......I was on them about 3 years ago and they affected my muscles.

I had the same problem with then Jo.  I thought it was the fibro because of the horrible muscle spasms.  Finally I stopped them and the spasms stopped.  Now I take something called Welcol which works in the stomach absorbing the fat that you eat.  I'll see if my cholesterol is lowered.

Page 89 of 196 (2939 items) «Prev8788899091Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use