This post has 3,818 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Mon, Feb 24 2014 10:13 PM

Diane:
Steph---don't cut out articles

I meant to say---I don't cut out the articles. :o)

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Feb 25 2014 6:20 AM

Darlene :

Norma Doll:
Do you ladies pay for membership?

Jo, I have paid in the past years since I joined but as some have stated I do not think it makes a difference.  I did not get my Easy Quilts subscription or the sample items that I have gotten in the past.  I do not believe I will be paying when my subscription/membership expires. 

Because of the login stuff and the notifications, not sure how much time I will spend there.  There is no CQ group that I have found and  that is the best part of this group/site.  Without that, not sure I would have stuck around here.  That and the fact that all you ladies are awesome friends and support.  Couldn't imagine quilting without you.

I don't pay for membership any longer. I've let all of my subscriptions lapse as I have not seen anything inspiring over the past year. 

I just received a notification about QNNTV. It auto-renewed me for another year. I did not know I had ever signed up with them. Guess I should saunter over there and see what I've missed. lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Feb 25 2014 6:23 AM

Darlene :

God blessed me the day I found this group and jumped in.  Words cannot express how much you all mean to me.

I feel exactly the same way Darlene. I thank God everyday for all of you.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,333
Points 113,860
Linny t replied on Tue, Feb 25 2014 11:38 AM

Norma Doll:
Do you ladies pay for membership?
 I didn't renew mine this year.  I figured the trouble they were having with the site wouldn't bother me as much if I weren't paying to be a member.  I haven't really noticed any difference either between being a paid member and not.  I've gotten out of the habit of looking at any "extras" you get with a paid membership.  Couldn't get to them anyways.  If it improves I may sign up again.  This group is what keeps me on this site.  I feel the same as all of you about the friendships that we have here.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Tue, Feb 25 2014 4:44 PM

I went to Joanne's yesterday!  I got some beautiful shiny-satiny  floss. It's rayon and the brand is DNC.  I imagine my stitching will really stand out now!

I am feeling so much better this year.  When I go out and walk, like in the mall, and shop, I only have to sleep longer.  I don't wake up and have pain for 3 days like I used to!!!

I have been working on this problem for 11 years now.  I haven't been sick all winter because of the elderberry.  Maybe now I can have a life!!

Have a good evening everone.   Just thought I'd share my joy!

• Post Points: 65
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Diane:
Maybe now I can have a life!!

I am so glad you are feeling better, Diane!  It is horrible to not feel good and yet to look at you no one could tell you didn't feel well.  Just like "they" say about the handicap things for your  window....sometimes you can't tell by looking at someone what their problem is.   

I am so glad I am in this group also!   Hugs, Jo

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Feb 25 2014 8:00 PM

Diane, how wonderful that you are feeling better this year. I'm so happy for you. Walking is so good for the body.

I am having such a horrible time with my silk ribbons. I'm sure it's the needle. What brand needle does everyone use for the silk ribbons? I have Dritz and they are horrible. I can barely get them through the fabric and when it comes to the eye with the ribbon I almost need a pair of pliers to pull the needle through. I don't know what I used last year, but it sure wasn't the Dritz. How very disappointing.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Tue, Feb 25 2014 8:23 PM

Lillie---I have the same problem with the ribbon.  I have a small pair of pliers in my ribbon box.  I can't sew through another ribbon either.  I don't know if any other needles would help but I would like to know!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,333
Points 113,860
Linny t replied on Tue, Feb 25 2014 9:04 PM

Diane:
I went to Joanne's yesterday!  I got some beautiful shiny-satiny  floss. It's rayon and the brand is DNC.  I imagine my stitching will really stand out now!
 You sound so happy, Diane.  You're going to love that stuff.  I do.  I've got a bunch of it.  It doesn't behave like cotton floss.  It has a lot of bounce.  You can use that to your benefit, though.  It's so shiny and it really does stand out.  The avatar for the Applique group is a block I did.  I used that floss on the bow on the basket and also on the eggs.  It's wonderful stuff!

It's good to hear you being so up and cheerful.  I remember last winter you were ill for most of it.  That you've got so much more energy is great.  I haven't heard you so much about your fibro bothering you, either.  I'm going to give elderberry a try.  I didn't get my flu shot this year and I really paid for it with this last bout.  I was really afraid for myself at one point.  I can see how this flu that's going around can kill the elderly and infants.  If I'd been challenged health wise in any other way, I bet I'd have been in the hospital.  I need to beef up my immune system now.  

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

Diane:
I am feeling so much better this year

Diane, what wonderful news.  I bet the weight loss has helped with your level of energy and ability to walk longer without the residual pain.

So happy for you.  Hope that this trend continues for you and that you are able to have that life you have been missing.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,333
Points 113,860
Linny t replied on Tue, Feb 25 2014 9:19 PM

Lillie:
I am having such a horrible time with my silk ribbons. I'm sure it's the needle. What brand needle does everyone use for the silk ribbons? I have Dritz and they are horrible. I can barely get them through the fabric and when it comes to the eye with the ribbon I almost need a pair of pliers to pull the needle through. I don't know what I used last year, but it sure wasn't the Dritz. How very disappointing.
 Try using a larger (fatter) needle, Lillie.  Sometimes it's just a question of making a big enough hole with the needle for the ribbon knot to fit through.  I use DMC a lot, just because I can get them locally, but my new favorite is Bohin.  I have used Jean S.Lyle and they are very nice, too.  They come in wooden tubes which I like, just because it's quaint, lol.  But, Bohin Chenille is what I like for ribbon.  It's a sturdy needle that is so smooth..no burrs.  It's also easier to find online.  Here's a link to a blog about Bohin from Needle 'n Thread.  If Mary Corbet likes them, you know they're good.

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

Had an amazingly productive day today. 

I took my MIL to a doctor appointment and she bought lunch after.  It was a good time together and I could see how she benefited from it.

When I got home I went to the dungeon to sew.  I made great progress on what I was doing and was pleased.

Just as I was thinking I should be thinking about dinner I got a phone call from a woman from our church who is recently widowed.  She had heard about the turn in Tim's health and called to inform me she had dinner for us. 

We were gifted with a whole roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, mixed veggies, a fresh loaf of bread, a bowl of fresh fruit, a plate of cookies, and a pie.  All was yummy. 

As an aside, I don't think I have shared this but if I did, please forgive me.  I have been suffering from the cold in the dungeon and had wondered exactly how cold it really was down there.  I have a battery operated clock which has a temp feature.  Well, you know the old adage that you are better off not knowing what you don't know.  I took the alarm down to the dungeon and found out that it was 52 degrees down there.  I think I was better off before I knew exactly how cold it was.

Hoping that you all are having a great evening and that Tuesday is thrilling!

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Wed, Feb 26 2014 5:16 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Sorry for my absence.   I have been so busy that I haven't had a chance to sit down and type.   And after nights of not sleeping I am finally back in a routine.  

We're three days from leaving for state with all of the kids projects and I'm finally seeing progress that make me think we might make it.   I'm still not sure how well we'll do but at least I know that we won't be there without everyone.

It's great though to read your post.   It keeps me going.

Have a great day!

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Feb 26 2014 7:22 AM

Diane:

Lillie---I have the same problem with the ribbon.  I have a small pair of pliers in my ribbon box.  I can't sew through another ribbon either.  I don't know if any other needles would help but I would like to know!

Guess I'll have to invest in some small pliers as well. Thanks Diane

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Feb 26 2014 7:30 AM

Darlene, how wonderful that you were gifted such a fabulous meal. What a wonderful friend. I bet you have leftovers as well and won't have to think about dinner for the next 2 nights.

You should invest in a small space heater that you can use near your sewing machine when you're down there.

We have an EdenPure for our basement. It warms about 2,000 sq ft. We turn it on about 1/2 hour before we go down to the basement to watch a movie or TV. The room is nice a toasty for us. We also have a small space heater that we use in the master bath. I turn that on about 15 mins before I use the shower. Close all the doors and the room is nice a toasty for us. Course, all of this is for the winter months only. By the time summer rolls around we are thankful that the basement is nice and cool. lol

northern colorado

Page 83 of 255 (3819 items) «Prev8182838485Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use