northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,210
Points 44,185
Diane replied on Sun, Feb 23 2014 4:57 PM

Good Evening Everyone

Stephanie--you are so brave to go through your fabrics.  I just did that and had to make some hard choices.    I have 2 bags to give away.  I figure someone in my church will be interested.

Linny---hope you are feeling better.  Is it a cold?

Robin---you sound so energetic!  That's wonderful!

Lillie--haven't gone over to the group yet and probably won't if it's not about crazy quilting.

Darlene---I have a grandmothers flower garden UFO.  It's nice to hand sew while you watch TV.  It gives you some focus.  Once you figure out what you need to do, it should be easy.  One day I will finish mine.  Instead of green between the blocks, I used a periwinkle blue.  Don't know why I did that.   It's wonderful to do volunteer work.  It elevates your soul.  Keep it up as long as it makes you happy.  When you look back on your life, those are the things you can be proud of.  So sorry about Tim.  Another struggle.  I'll pray. I think it's good that you get out and have a good time to keep your spirits up.  I need to do more of that.

Have a good night everyone.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,691
Points 141,523
Stephanie replied on Sun, Feb 23 2014 7:52 PM

Lillie:

Are we considering going over to QATW?

I'm not really. Unless all hope fails for this site.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,691
Points 141,523
Stephanie replied on Sun, Feb 23 2014 8:45 PM

Diane:
Stephanie--you are so brave to go through your fabrics.  I just did that and had to make some hard choices.    I have 2 bags to give away.  I figure someone in my church will be interested.

The church should be thrilled to have them. I only got rid of two fabrics in the process of folding and organizing them. One was upholstery fabric from reupholstering my sofa two years ago, and the other was one of those, OMG, what was I thinking pink and black wool blend that I thought I could use in wool projects. Horrible stuff. More like a polyester blend that ravelled and flat out ugly. LOL. My stash isn't so great that I felt the need to purge it. There were so many other things that could go, just taking up valuable space That weren't worth keeping.

I'm getting real close to being able to share pic's. I'm excited as well to share some of the things that have helped me get here. Containers, label maker, and using a hand me down "old tv" armoire for a sewing/ storage cabinet. I'm hoping in the process of doing all this "closed storage" that I will be able to inspire people to use what they have, and look beyond what they might think a  piece of furniture is used for, into making it serve a purpose and still be a nice addition to any room. 

The best part of going through all of it is:

I know where everything is,it's easily accessible, counter space in a small area to set up and put away, and it's all in containers and behind closed doors. I don't have to be concerned about the dust,  not seeing these crazy shelves of fabric and stuff piled up every where, or bins to have to unearth and dig through. If that's all I had to do all day, didn't have 4 dogs, a cat, a business to work and do paperwork, a house to keep, etc, maybe these things wouldn't be so important. But they are now, and I feel as though the "mission" I've been on  to do this will not only ease my life, but will help me to be more productive. As I get older, it's harder to have to "find" stuff and stay motivated.

Bottom line is, I watch shows that are focused on organizing. They're kind of unrealistic in how much stuff they get rid of, and how  they show what people keep. Way too minimal. The things that are  placed in closets, etc.  is almost laughable. But, they have some great ideas and can be quite inspirational in looking at the space you have and what can realistically be done with it. The rest is up to us.

Anyway,I think after putting so much time and thought into all this, I just wanted to share

Diane:
 Instead of green between the blocks, I used a periwinkle blue.  Don't know why I did that.

I don't know if you remember, but I did remember seeing a pic you posted in the media here of your grandmother's flower garden quilt. I went back to look for it on page 9 of media, and there it was.  

• Filed under: |
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,586
Points 117,635
Linny t replied on Mon, Feb 24 2014 11:51 AM

Hello, everyone.  Sorry for my absence, but I was "out of it" sick.  I'm home today and on the mend I think, but feeling very weak.  Hopefully I'll be able to go into work tomorrow.  

Stephanie, I hope you blog a bit about the things you've done in your room.  It sounds really interesting and inspirational.  I have a need for such inspiration and I bet many others do, too.

I have no intentions of going to the other site right now.  That would be a last ditch effort for me.  I don't really have time to pay attention to 2 sites right now.  I'm sure it's a great site.  I haven't gotten an error message in a couple of days, so to me it seems like things are on the up here.  I haven't tried clicking the "home" button lately.  That will tell the tale for me as far as being able to navigate the site goes.

Linny T

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,210
Points 44,185
Diane replied on Mon, Feb 24 2014 12:54 PM

Linny---glad to hear that you are feeling better.  

Stephanie---it's nice to feel that everything is organized.  So often we forget about something---bought it again---or something we could have used all along.

I also like organizing info like in magazines.  I have gotten everything down to a one bedroom apartment.  I am still organizing my bedroom closet.  And the cable guy came and fixed the sound on one TV and moved it for me so it's more centralized.  I sure would like to have a nice new TV in my living room. I have a nice 40 inch flat screen in my bedroom and it is so clear.  I don't know how we watched those old TV's now. lol   Well--one day....

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640
Norma Doll replied on Mon, Feb 24 2014 12:57 PM

Linny t:
 I haven't gotten an error message in a couple of days, so to me it seems like things are on the up here.  I haven't tried clicking the "home" button lately

I get all of the messages from you ladies sent to my email and I don't have any problem with that and when I want to say something, I just hit reply and quote something and type what I want to say and that is it.  No problem.  

Do you ladies pay for membership?  I did last summer, but I really can't see that I have anything that would make it worth paying.  I did get 10% off all my purchases at JoAnnes the other day.  But, that is not worth the membership.   I have to make sure they don't bill me automatically this year when it is due.  Hugs. Jo

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,691
Points 141,523
Stephanie replied on Mon, Feb 24 2014 1:25 PM

Linny t:
Hello, everyone.  Sorry for my absence, but I was "out of it" sick.  I'm home today and on the mend I think, but feeling very weak.  Hopefully I'll be able to go into work tomorrow.

You must really be sick to call in. Hope you get to feeling better.

Linny t:
I hope you blog a bit about the things you've done in your room.  It sounds really interesting and inspirational.  I have a need for such inspiration and I bet many others do, too.

I think I'd enjoy doing that one day. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,691
Points 141,523
Stephanie replied on Mon, Feb 24 2014 1:30 PM

Diane:
I also like organizing info like in magazines.  I have gotten everything down to a one bedroom apartment.  I am still organizing my bedroom closet.  And the cable guy came and fixed the sound on one TV and moved it for me so it's more centralized.  I sure would like to have a nice new TV in my living room. I have a nice 40 inch flat screen in my bedroom and it is so clear.  I don't know how we watched those old TV's now. lol   Well--one day....

That's pretty awesome that you've been able to pare down to one bedroom. Not sure how I'll ever do that. When you organize info in mag's do you cut the pages out and just keep the ones you like? Those big tv's are coming down in price as time's gone on. Maybe one day for us too. We just have small ones. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,691
Points 141,523
Stephanie replied on Mon, Feb 24 2014 1:36 PM

Norma Doll:
Do you ladies pay for membership?  I did last summer, but I really can't see that I have anything that would make it worth paying.  I did get 10% off all my purchases at JoAnnes the other day.  But, that is not worth the membership.   I have to make sure they don't bill me automatically this year when it is due.  Hugs. Jo

I paid last summer too. They used to send cute little welcome kits of threads and coupons, free qnntv, and the magazine. I've watched most of the videos, so not sure I'll renew as paid. So far I've never been auto bill. I do get emails to renew. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,210
Points 44,185
Diane replied on Mon, Feb 24 2014 2:38 PM

Jo---I haven't paid for membership for 2 years.  Don't think it makes a difference for here.

Steph---don't cut out articles.  There seems to be one in every home type magazine.  I like the Container store for ideas.  They are expensive so I try to find a cheaper version online.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 430
Points 28,600

Norma Doll:
Do you ladies pay for membership?

Jo, I have paid in the past years since I joined but as some have stated I do not think it makes a difference.  I did not get my Easy Quilts subscription or the sample items that I have gotten in the past.  I do not believe I will be paying when my subscription/membership expires. 

I have not had issues with getting in here since my login issues were resolved but I have this discussion group saved in my favorites and I always use that to get in.  I know I have been less than frequent flyer but haven't had any problems.

I just tried to go into QATW and it won't let me log in.  As I sit here typing I think I know what the issue is but saving it in my favorites only worked for the first day.  I am not fond of the e-mail notifications.  They remind me of the text notifications I get for Facebook.  You need to go to QATW to read the entire message.  

I do like their "Thumper" policy.  It states that if you have nothing nice to say, you should say nothing at all.  I like the policy but I think I just violated it.

Because of the login stuff and the notifications, not sure how much time I will spend there.  There is no CQ group that I have found and  that is the best part of this group/site.  Without that, not sure I would have stuck around here.  That and the fact that all you ladies are awesome friends and support.  Couldn't imagine quilting without you.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 430
Points 28,600

Norma Doll:
a big box of fabric that has "feed sack" fabric in it

Jo, thank you for your kind offer.  The quilting group at our church meets tomorrow.  There are several older women  [80-90 years young] who come each week who I am hoping will assess the fabric and give me advice on how to blend other fabrics with it. 

I will let you know after talking to them if they think the feed sack fabric would be a good supplement. 

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 430
Points 28,600

Stephanie:

I'm so sorry to hear that Tim has developed a new lesion. I'll certainly include him in my prayers.

Thank you all for your concerns and prayers.

We have been battling this for 12 years now and I firmly believe the only way we have gotten to today with any amount of sanity is thru the power of prayer.

We see the surgeon on Thursday.  I will let you all know what transpires and when his procedure is scheduled.

God blessed me the day I found this group and jumped in.  Words cannot express how much you all mean to me.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,586
Points 117,635
Linny t replied on Mon, Feb 24 2014 7:54 PM

Darlene :

Stephanie:

I'm so sorry to hear that Tim has developed a new lesion. I'll certainly include him in my prayers.

Thank you all for your concerns and prayers.

We have been battling this for 12 years now and I firmly believe the only way we have gotten to today with any amount of sanity is thru the power of prayer.

We see the surgeon on Thursday.  I will let you all know what transpires and when his procedure is scheduled.

God blessed me the day I found this group and jumped in.  Words cannot express how much you all mean to me.

You are one of the strongest in faith people I know, Darlene and I'm so proud that you feel blessed for our group.  I feel blessed for your company, too.  You and Tim are especially in my prayers this week.  God's got his hand on you all.

Linny T

Page 82 of 307 (4598 items) «Prev8081828384Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.