rated by 0 users
This post has 3,515 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,253
Points 112,645
Linny t replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 11:35 AM

Diane:

Stephanie----I got your block today.  I have ideas for both hearts but I know I will do half of one.  Very pretty hearts.  Thanks for the extras.  Love it!  I am feeling much more relaxed about this RR than the ones in the other groups.  I sure needed a break there.  It's hard to work when you aren't relaxed.

Great party tonight.  Good dinner, great cupcakes for dessert!  My friends were complementing me about the weight loss.  I'm so glad I could do it.

Yahoo!!  What a relief!  

Glad you had such a great time at the party, too...skinny!

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,253
Points 112,645
Linny t replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 11:36 AM

Stephanie:

Lillie:
I think it's wonderful that all of us are beginning to know each other through this blog. Brings a smile to my heart.

Mine too. And guess which one I want to do? It might throw some of you.

Do tell...

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 1:47 PM

Linny t:
Do tell...

FALL!  And I love the fabrics, and the angel silkie. 

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 3:48 PM

Linny t:

Stephanie:

Lillie:
I think it's wonderful that all of us are beginning to know each other through this blog. Brings a smile to my heart.

Mine too. And guess which one I want to do? It might throw some of you.

Do tell...

I'm going to guess summer

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 3:49 PM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
Do tell...

That was my second guess.  lol  Fall is also my favorite time of year. Then Winter, Spring, Summer not so much.

northern colorado

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 352
Points 9,555

Stephanie:
FALL!

I dont know why, but I just "knew" you would pick fall, Stephanie.  Fall is my favorite time of the year. 

Lillie, it is just cowboys and cowgirls fabric.   

I feel like I know all of you really well too.    Hugs, Jo

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,074
Points 66,420
Robin replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 6:01 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm happy to report I skipped the late night writing session.  I woke up but made myself go back to sleep in part because I knew today would be a busy with the preparations for the dinner.   Unfortunately the numbers are lower than we had hope for but it's a start.  Hopefully this can become an annual thing and will grow.

I just love the conversation that took place.  It was so sweet to see everyone talking and sharing how important this group is to them.   I'm right there with you all.   You all are counted among some of my closest friends.  Because we share a love for quilting I have found it so easy to express and share other things with all of you.   I value your insights and expression more than words can express. 

Norma,  Love your blanket.

Stephanie,  I knew you would want fall.

Lillie,   Please continue to be yourself.  I love your enthusiasm for life. 

Diane,  Congratulations on the weight lost.

You all have a fantastic Thursday.

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 6:18 AM

Good luck with your dinner Robin. I hope it turns into an annual event for you.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,253
Points 112,645
Linny t replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 6:28 AM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
Do tell...

I knew it, but Stephanie, you have said that you love fall here many times, so it's not ESP on my part.  Plus your sewing room is in fall colors...burnt umber/red walls, wood grain.  Yup, your muse comes alive with those fall colors.  I'm so looking forward to seeing your beautiful work on my etui.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,253
Points 112,645
Linny t replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 6:39 AM

Robin:
I'm happy to report I skipped the late night writing session.  I woke up but made myself go back to sleep in part because I knew today would be a busy with the preparations for the dinner.   Unfortunately the numbers are lower than we had hope for but it's a start.  Hopefully this can become an annual thing and will grow.

Happy to hear you could fall back asleep and get the rest you needed.  I hope your dinner becomes an annual event that everyone looks forward to.

Robin:
I just love the conversation that took place.  It was so sweet to see everyone talking and sharing how important this group is to them.   I'm right there with you all.   You all are counted among some of my closest friends.  Because we share a love for quilting I have found it so easy to express and share other things with all of you.   I value your insights and expression more than words can express.
 Me, too, Robin...couldn't have said it better...

Hope you have a fantastic Thursday, too.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 1:26 PM

That was a fun little twist. Now Diane, I'm a little stumped on which one you'd choose. My guess would be spring.

Robin,

I'm glad you were able to fall back asleep in consideration of your day. I hope this will be an annual thing for you as well. 

I loved the conversation that took place as well. It reinforces how fond I have grown of all of you. And yes, it's so wonderful to express and share everything.

Hope you are having a fantastic Thursday as well.   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 2:01 PM

This week I've had the honor of working for a really long time friend. I've known him since 1983. We used to work together years ago. We hadn't seen each other often through the years, but he's one of those people that it's always like yesterday. It's been a great time catching up. He thinks the world of my hubby too, and has told me how much he's appreciated everything he's done there.

He's been going through his house and gifting stuff. Yesterday he gave me a really pretty Victorian magnet board and today dove into his M&M collection and gifted me some of his Christmas ones. He's been collecting them for years and years. They're so cute. Even though I don't need to be adding another thing in this house, my sentimental self will find a place and remember him fondly every time I look at them. I know most of you can relate. Sometimes, there are just people that touch our lives with such a purity and innocence. They deserved to be remembered. I can see life has taken a toll on him. Looking at his weight and his ankles I see signs of congestive heart failure coming on. Not going to think about that. Just the happy cheerful person he is.

And I am so happy that these have been short days. Phew. I can't believe how long it's been to regain my energy. I'm averaging 4 hours and I'm pooped. LOL. So happy for naps, and being able to work around my wonky sleep schedule.

I too am hoping for all of you to be having a fantastic Thursday.....         

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 4:31 PM

I'm doing some thread painting on my sewing machine. I must have some really horrible thread because the threads keep breaking. I have the technique down, but the results are certainly lacking.

Funny thing-not so funny actually-I used a disappearing ink marker (which I have used 1 bazillion times before) to mark one of the leaves and 3 days later the marks are still there. They are just barely starting to disappear. I'm not sure they will ever completely go away. Now I'm going to have to be super careful and do a test on the wrong  side of the fabric before each use.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 6:48 PM

Lillie,

I have an older Viking Designer One sewing/embroidery machine. I love it, but have to tell you, one of the first things I learned on these precision machines is about thread . They are finicky! Robinson Anton, Sulky, Gutterman, Bottom LIne, Masterpiece, Aurifil. Most high quality threads. I find that using a light weight bobbin thread is also key when doing FMQ and thread painting. Also tension and needle size are key. You may as well be subconsciously pulling your fabric too fast. You can p.m. me anytime. I think since I've owned my machine I've experienced almost anything that can go wrong in experimenting.

And what timing!!!! I got an email with a link for a product that may help with the marker issues. This one says it's for the blue line. Not sure if that's what you used or the purple, but here's the link:   http://shop.bluelineeraser.com/main.sc   

I also read that it can take 72 hours for it to disappear depending on humidity  and penetration. And it says not to iron or launder without trying to remove it with plain water. Interesting. Thanks for posting about the disappearing marker issues. I always take these things for granted, and will be more careful. Good luck...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,458
Points 416,719
gini replied on Fri, Feb 21 2014 12:34 AM

Here is the group.   http://www.quiltingaroundtheworld.com/forum/

the name of the Facebook is quilters quilting and I think one of us will need to add your name

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Page 79 of 235 (3516 items) «Prev7778798081Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use