My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 4,117 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,636
Points 140,668
Stephanie replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 11:38 AM

Hi everyone. Sorry to have missed so many posts. Having company was fun, but hard to get some time in here.

Linny,

I really enjoyed the Halloween site. I had dropped the ball over the years for decorating, and it really inspired me. One site had the cutest little bear done in orange and black. It was sold, but way too cute. Loved the dolls and reading about the bats. I even clicked on an off site button that led me to a website that is a "Fairy Society". I should have saved the link for you. I have to go back and order some of those charms from the Etsy site. Lots to love there.

Robin:
Somewhere back in time someone mention a website that they used for tracing pencils or transfer pencil.  It was something like a general store but I can't find the name.  Help.

I can't remember Robin. I bought a transfer pencil that I was not happy with at all. It was yellow and I thought it would be perfect to show on light and dark fabrics. But it only showed on the light. The half on the dark totally wasn't there. I found that the old tailor chalk transfer paper worked as well as anything. I've used the pounce too, but if you handle it a lot the lines will disappear. 

Have fun with all the festivities this week!

I'm not going to go back thru and answer all the posts I've missed. Still catching up with myself physically after all the extra chores and bad food I ate while company was here.. Hope you all have a great day.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,143
Points 68,100
Robin replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 5:25 PM

Stephanie,

Welcome back.   I hope you had a lot of fun with your company.

Robin

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,432
Points 115,170
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 6:50 PM

Stephanie:

Hi everyone. Sorry to have missed so many posts. Having company was fun, but hard to get some time in here.

Linny,

I really enjoyed the Halloween site. I had dropped the ball over the years for decorating, and it really inspired me. One site had the cutest little bear done in orange and black. It was sold, but way too cute. Loved the dolls and reading about the bats. I even clicked on an off site button that led me to a website that is a "Fairy Society". I should have saved the link for you. I have to go back and order some of those charms from the Etsy site. Lots to love there.

Robin:
Somewhere back in time someone mention a website that they used for tracing pencils or transfer pencil.  It was something like a general store but I can't find the name.  Help.

I can't remember Robin. I bought a transfer pencil that I was not happy with at all. It was yellow and I thought it would be perfect to show on light and dark fabrics. But it only showed on the light. The half on the dark totally wasn't there. I found that the old tailor chalk transfer paper worked as well as anything. I've used the pounce too, but if you handle it a lot the lines will disappear. 

Have fun with all the festivities this week!

I'm not going to go back thru and answer all the posts I've missed. Still catching up with myself physically after all the extra chores and bad food I ate while company was here.. Hope you all have a great day.

It's f

We've missed you, Stephanie.  Company has a way of taking over, doesn't it?  Still those times are remembered always as "the old good days".  It's fun to catch up on things.  Sorry you're still out of sorts from the change in diet and all.

I'll have to go back and look for the fairy site.  That's why I like things like that.  One thing leads to another.  I found that Esty site through Twitter where someone friended me.  I usually don't accept those things, but the charms in the photo were so cute.  I'm a sucker for charms.  He has some really nice birds I want to get.  Not too bad price wise either.  I guess that's proof of how well social media marketing works.  

I went to the Dr. about my hip and got some x-rays.  Turns out I have osteoarthritis and bursitis...not sciatica like I thought.  I got a lovely shot of steroids that is supposed to take effect by Thursday.  I can't wait.  I got some meds to take at night so I can sleep better and he wants me to go to physical therapy for a month.  Hopefully some day soon...maybe before Christmas....I'll live without this constant pain and be able to do the things I want and need to do again.  I got a keen awareness that I'm getting old today.  I kept waiting for a text from the "Old Farts" club welcoming me, but it never happened...they're probably resting their aches, too, lol.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,432
Points 115,170
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 6:55 PM

Robin:
Linny or anyone,   Somewhere back in time someone mention a website that they used for tracing pencils or transfer pencil.  It was something like a general store but I can't find the name.  Help.
 Robin, I don't remember this.  Maybe if you say what you're tracing I can help.  

Hope you had fun today in your FSU shirt.  Lots of excitement in the fall with football and all.  I suppose the kids think that's the point of high school and the classes are just something to fill the time in between.   

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,165
Points 43,180
Diane replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 11:21 PM

Hi Everyone

I just want to say to Robin--that homecoming dance is so wonderful.  I remember I went with my boyfriend Doug.  I wore a light pink satin dress with a 2' band of silver lame at the bottom.  I wore sparkling pantyhose and carried a silver clutch with silver shoes. We all wore an mum corsages with orange and black ribbons.  It was magical and I will never forget.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,143
Points 68,100
Robin replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 5:45 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Today is Birthday Day in our house.  My beloved turns 49 today.   He's a true gem of a guy, who's going to be late for work if I don't get up from the computer soon and roll him out of bed.

Homecoming is a wonderful experience for most of the kids.   We have a Queen and court, a big parade with class floats, a game, dress up days, sometimes a pep rally, but sadly no dance.   They gave it up years ago.  The kids didn't want to do it after the game and the admin didn't want to do it on a Saturday, so that was that.  The only dance we have at school now is the Prom in the Spring.   But so many of the younger teachers don't want to pick up the responsibility of fundraising and coordinating such events that their endanger of not existing anymore.    

I'm thinking of joining the scrappy mystery quilt that's starting up on Nov 29th.   Just thought it might be a fun change up.  I've done one before and it's really neat to see the pieces come together.  

Diane,  Your Homecoming sounds like it was a really good time.

Linny,  Sorry to hear about your hip.  At least now you might can get some real relief for it.

Stephanie,   My Grandma use to say it's fun to see them come and it's great to see them go.

Happy a happy halloween eve everyone.

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Robin:
Today is Birthday Day in our house.  My beloved turns 49 today.
  Happy Birthday to your husband, Robin.

Today is my birthday too,   75.  I kept subtracting the years (2013 - 1938) and no matter how many times I did it, it still came out 75. lol  When I walked out to the kitchen this morning George had a funny look on his face and I said, "What?"  he said "Happy Birthday".  I hadn't thought of it yet. My mother died at 59, so I am lucky to have lived to this age.

I have one large blanket, a small one, two bibs and a burp pad made for the shower on Sat.  I think I will make some more bibs and burp pads today.  George and his brother are going golfing if the weather holds out.  

We went out to visit the man that had the accident on the 4-wheeler yesterday......he is coming along really good.  He went hunting last week and got three deer and drug them back home (they live on a hill with woods all around them) and butchered them. George said he had some trouble when he was talking, remembering things and I noticed he seemed to have trouble turning his head to the right.  He has come a long way from what he was. I am so glad. I was afraid his wife wouldn't be able to make it, with him so badly injured.

Robin:

Stephanie,   My Grandma use to say it's fun to see them come and it's great to see them go.

There is a saying about grand children.....the best thing about their coming to visit is"headlights and taillights." I think you can figure out the rest.

Hugs, Jo

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,432
Points 115,170
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 11:06 AM

Diane:

Hi Everyone

I just want to say to Robin--that homecoming dance is so wonderful.  I remember I went with my boyfriend Doug.  I wore a light pink satin dress with a 2' band of silver lame at the bottom.  I wore sparkling pantyhose and carried a silver clutch with silver shoes. We all wore an mum corsages with orange and black ribbons.  It was magical and I will never forget.  

Diane, do you have a pic?  Sounds like a dreamy dress.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,432
Points 115,170
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 11:10 AM

Happy Birthday Jo!  Would love to see pics of the baby stuff.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,432
Points 115,170
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 11:12 AM

Robin:
Linny,  Sorry to hear about your hip.  At least now you might can get some real relief for it.
 Thanks, Robin.  Happy Birthday to Donn!  And many more!!!

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,165
Points 43,180
Diane replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 1:09 PM

HI Everyone

Linny--I'm sure I have a pic somewhere.  If I can dig it up, I'll post it.

I took my cat to the vet today for a check up and Monday I'll have her shaved.  She is 16 years old and has gotten mats in her fur.  I brushed her every night but I couldn't get some of them out.  She is a long hair calico.  She is a sweet beauty.  I gave her to my daughter for her 11th birthday when Ange was just a kitten.  My daughter cant' take her where she lives because someone is allergic.   I will be so happy to get her hair off where she will feel better and have no painful mats.  I hope she doesn't go crazy with not fur!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 1:20 PM

Here is the last of the Whisper RR blocks. YAY!!! Tomorrow I put all 4 of them in the mail and send them back to the original owner in the Netherlands. I think the dragonfly is a little large, but decided not to rip it out and re-do it.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 1:21 PM

Happy Birthday to Jo and Donn!!!!  woo hoo

northern colorado

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Lillie:
Here is the last of the Whisper RR blocks

The block is beautiful!  Everything on it is really nice, I love it all.  Did you do all of it, or has some of the other ladies in the rr done some of it?  I have never been in one of them, so I am not sure how they work.    Hugs, Jo

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 3:13 PM

Norma Doll:

Lillie:
Here is the last of the Whisper RR blocks

The block is beautiful!  Everything on it is really nice, I love it all.  Did you do all of it, or has some of the other ladies in the rr done some of it?  I have never been in one of them, so I am not sure how they work.    Hugs, Jo

Thank you so much Jo. I did all of the work on it including making the block itself. That was they way this particular RR worked. 

northern colorado

Page 7 of 275 (4118 items) «Prev56789Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use