This post has 4,416 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,535
Points 116,690
Linny t replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 5:31 PM

Stephanie:

I'm undecided for color in my block.

Haven't imagined it yet in color. Or gone thru my stash. My muse popped in a vision of Mary Poppins, an old photo of my favorite aunt, and those classic button up boot shoes. LOL. Goodness only knows where this will take me. LOL  

I love Mary Poppins!  Just a spoon full of sugar...I wanted to be Julie Andrews most of my childhood, lol.  We used to play Mary Poppins on the playground at lunchtime at school.

I've seen some really pretty Victorian charms and buttons in my travels.  I've even seen scissor charms.  I bet it's going to be great and I can't wait to see how you construct it.  What a great idea.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,535
Points 116,690
Linny t replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 5:39 PM

Lillie:

We watched two movies, took down the lights and decorations from outside (boo hoo), watched college football, and ate. Today I will start taking down all the decorations inside and get them all packed away for another year. I'm not going to rush with those. If it takes until Sunday before I'm finished, I'll be OK with that. Sewing seems to be a priority in my thoughts.

I'm hoping to finish quilting a wall hanging by Fri so DH can hang it on the wall for me. And I want to start on another wall hanging that will go in the dining room. I hope to have that one finished by next Fri.

I"m taking my stuff down this weekend.  It's always a little sad when it's over, isn't it?

I can't wait to see your wall hangings, Lillie.  You're on a roll, aren't you?

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 420
Points 28,385

Hope you all have had a great day today.

Mine started out fine.  Finished the binding on a quilt which has been in the UFO pile for too long.  Got caught up on the stuff I had DVR'd while sewing.

Then everything hit the fan.  I put dinner on to cook and got distracted with some rapid fire texting.  I boiled my pan dry and filled the house with smoke.  It is so cold out today that I can't open windows. 

Tim handed me the take out menu and suggested I call for delivery. I reluctantly ordered dinner.  Reluctantly because of the weather and the fact that the last time I called this place was a night similar to tonight and we only got half our order and it was cold.

Wish us luck.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,535
Points 116,690
Linny t replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 8:03 PM

Darlene, I hope you have better luck with your delivery dinner than you had last time.  I've done what you did tonight so many times in my life I won't say, lol.  Got any scented candles?  They help.  I have a home security system and when the fire alarm goes off, the firemen come to make sure everything's okay, no questions asked...That's embarrassing!  I've done that twice.  It makes me think twice about walking away from my cooking, though.  At least you got that UFO done.  Congrats on that.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,535
Points 116,690
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 6:34 AM

Good morning, my dear friends.  I'm just popping in to wish everyone a very happy TGIF!  I don't know how I'm going to manage working a whole week next week.  I could get used to this 2 days on one day off cycle.  Hope you have a great day.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 7:13 AM

Stephanie:

Haven't imagined it yet in color. Or gone thru my stash. My muse popped in a vision of Mary Poppins, an old photo of my favorite aunt, and those classic button up boot shoes. LOL. Goodness only knows where this will take me. LOL  

Oh dang. I forgot this is supposed to be Victorian. I had something contemporary running around in my head. Well, I can still sew a contemporary piece and ya'll can make it more Victorian with embellishments? yes/no???

Linny, can you please explain further about pictures and thoughts for this project? I'm kinda confused on this part.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 7:23 AM

Lillie:

Stephanie:

Oh dang. I forgot this is supposed to be Victorian. I had something contemporary running around in my head. Well, I can still sew a contemporary piece and ya'll can make it more Victorian with embellishments? yes/no???

Linny, can you please explain further about pictures and thoughts for this project? I'm kinda confused on this part.

OK I have rethought my previous post. I really don't want to make a contemporary piece and then have you "try" to add Victorian embellisments to it. That just doesn't fit well in my minds eye. I've pretty much decided what I want to do. How big is this piece supposed to be unfinished? 

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,186
Points 43,675
Diane replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 8:11 AM

Morning Everyone

I am not usually writing in the AM so this feels good!

It sounds like you are planning your blocks.  Robin--sounds like the Alaska fabric would be great.  And Steph---Mary Poppins---love it!  I guess we will be posting pics soon.  :o)

I am sending the mate to the block that is in the RR.  I love it.  I want to use it for pillows for my living room.  The colors are a little different so I'm not 100% sure.  When I make my sewing machine cover, it will match that I'm sure.  These transitions!  Right now I have tan, gold, and maroon.  I would like to make it more fun.  We shall see! lol

Have a great day!

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,169
Points 68,820
Robin replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 8:42 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Glad to be up and about.   It took forever to get to sleep last night.  I was not able to get my stiff upper lip.   I blame a my 48 year old hormones.   I'm bless to be one of those people who went early down that path.  I blubber over the stupidest things.   Anyway.   We got her moved in yesterday.   The room was not clean enough for dear ole' mom so we had to do some cleaning. Oh course there were things she needed so we made a trip to Target and bought stuff to get her set up and clean her side of the room.   We didn't get to meet her roommate and she had to stay by herself last night but she seemed fine with it all.   She was very tired from the day and late night movie watching the night before so we figured she would sleep well.

Today is going to be a haircut, a little sewing and start working on lesson plans and stuff for school.  Kids come back on the 8th.  I hope to have my lesson plans done for two weeks, so I'll be a little ahead.

Lillie,   Your block sounds like it will be fine.   The concept of embellishments is a element of the Victorian era.  So I think it will work fine.   I would recommend that you give us some ideas about what kind of images you would like for us to base our embellishments.   I went of the internet as google Victorian images and gathered a few that I liked to include in my rook.   The size is 144' total divided however you would like.    I did mine 9 X16. 

Stephanie,  I love your theme.   Bluebirds, carpet bags and a spoonful of sugar.  

Linny,   I right there with you.  I'm really not interested in going back to work.   But at last you do what you have to do.

Diane,   I look forward to seeing your block in person.  

Have a happy Friday everyone.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,535
Points 116,690
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 11:33 AM

Lillie:
 You tell us what you envision for your piece.  You can use pics you find for it, like cut out of a magazine, or sketches, whatever to tell us what your vision is.  You do this in your journal.  Then we aim with our embellishments to give you that.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,535
Points 116,690
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 11:38 AM

Lillie:
OK I have rethought my previous post. I really don't want to make a contemporary piece and then have you "try" to add Victorian embellisments to it. That just doesn't fit well in my minds eye. I've pretty much decided what I want to do. How big is this piece supposed to be unfinished? 
 It's somewhere near 144 sq. in. It doesn't have to be square, though.  If it needs to be a little bigger no one's going to complain as long as bigger doesn't mean queen size coverlet or anything like that, lol.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,535
Points 116,690
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 11:50 AM

Diane:
I am sending the mate to the block that is in the RR.  I love it.  I want to use it for pillows for my living room.  The colors are a little different so I'm not 100% sure.  When I make my sewing machine cover, it will match that I'm sure.  These transitions!  Right now I have tan, gold, and maroon.  I would like to make it more fun.  We shall see! lol
 I was just reading a blog about the top color combinations for weddings expected in 2014 and the top one was Mint and Blush.  I thought about you, of course.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,535
Points 116,690
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 12:00 PM

Robin:
Glad to be up and about.   It took forever to get to sleep last night.  I was not able to get my stiff upper lip.   I blame a my 48 year old hormones.   I'm bless to be one of those people who went early down that path.  I blubber over the stupidest things.   Anyway.   We got her moved in yesterday.   The room was not clean enough for dear ole' mom so we had to do some cleaning. Oh course there were things she needed so we made a trip to Target and bought stuff to get her set up and clean her side of the room.   We didn't get to meet her roommate and she had to stay by herself last night but she seemed fine with it all.   She was very tired from the day and late night movie watching the night before so we figured she would sleep well.
 I think it's great that she's spending the first night without the roommate.  Does she already know her roommate?  She's going to be fine, I'm sure, but you don't need to be 48 for that to make you emotional.  It'd make me emotional too and I'm past that point.  It's just a symptom of you being such a wonderful mom.  It's a big change for both of you.  What a wonderful memory for her to have of you helping her set up her first dorm room.  Very sweet.

Robin:
Today is going to be a haircut, a little sewing and start working on lesson plans and stuff for school.  Kids come back on the 8th.  I hope to have my lesson plans done for two weeks, so I'll be a little ahead.
 That's it, mama.  Stay busy :)

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,186
Points 43,675
Diane replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 12:21 PM

Here is the pink block I am working on.  I am making little sweetheart roses and will put the leaves in soon.  Then I'll work on the upper right part.  I love this block because of all the different pinks and the work on it is beautiful.  Eye candy!

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,186
Points 43,675
Diane replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 12:28 PM

Here is the block that I plan to make into a 6 block  wall hanging.  It's a work in progress.  I'm also working on a quilt that will match.  I want to fill my apt. with crazy quilting! lol  Here is the ping and green Stephanie. These pics are not so clear--don't know why.

Page 49 of 295 (4417 items) «Prev4748495051Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use