rated by 0 users
This post has 3,324 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Dec 25 2013 7:13 AM

Linny t:

Lillie:
Baked Brie with Fig sauce. Very easy to make and looks and tastes divine.
 I love the taste of brie with figs.  Sounds divine!

OMGosh. It was soooo gooooood!  lol  I'd never made it before and it turned out really well.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!  Praise our Lord 

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Dec 25 2013 7:18 AM

Norma Doll:

The turkey is in the oven and George is back in bed; let the day begin.

Merry Christmas everyone!   Hugs, Jo

Jo-I just had to chuckle when I read this. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Wed, Dec 25 2013 8:07 PM

Lillie:

Norma Doll:

The turkey is in the oven and George is back in bed; let the day begin.

Merry Christmas everyone!   Hugs, Jo

Jo-I just had to chuckle when I read this. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Me too, Jo.  Too funny.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Wed, Dec 25 2013 8:33 PM

Robin, I'm so happy you are looking at a break.  I looked at the time on your post and your ham was almost done at 7 AM...amazing.  Where do you get your stamina?  You should market it.

Robin:
It is a time of year when many people stop and count their blessings and when I count mine you are all at the top of my list.   I have become so accustom to waking up and sharing my plans and fears with you all.   I love the fact that we don't just talk about quilting but also all the ins and outs of life.  I learn so much from all of you.   I pray that this Christmas season will be one of your best although I know that it is filled with some sorrows may you also find the true joy in the season.  To me it is amazing what this time of you can bring to the hearts of mankind.    My wish for all of you is that you may enjoy the spirit of the season throughout the year .
  This just touched my heart, Robin.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,036
Points 65,555
Robin replied on Thu, Dec 26 2013 8:16 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your love ones.  Our day was a good one.  much fun and laughter among those of us who were here.  Got some neat gadgets and toys.  But my best present was a house full of people all enjoying each others company.   I think that sometimes you just need to have Christmas.  My sister in law loved her table runners and did my niece love her quilt.  Once she opened it she held it the rest of her visit.   Mom had seemed to have a good visit with me and my family.  She didn't stay as long as she said she was going to but I didn't really think she would to start with.  She is truly a home body.   

I hope you all had a great day !

Linny, do we have the guidelines for this rr posted anywhere?  I need to get my square made.  

Robin

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,036
Points 65,555
Robin replied on Thu, Dec 26 2013 8:31 AM

Robin:

Linny, do we have the guidelines for this rr posted anywhere?  I need to get my square made.  

Robin

Linny,

Nevermind I found it. 

Robin

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 346
Points 9,420

Robin:
Good Morning Everyone,

Good Morning to all of you,

Our dinner went great; I would do a little bit and boss George,  then sit down for a while. I think our turkey was the best I had ever tasted; I put an onion and celery between his legs and George always puts a lot of butter in it. Two of our guests cancelled because their grandson had been sick at their house and they didn't want to bring any germs down here.  I didn't sweat like I usually did when I would have a dinner; by the time people would get here my hair would be dripping w/sweat.  So, I know it was my heart causing all the sweating.  When dinner was over, George said, "Go sit down, Alvie and I will do the dishes."  It was pretty nice to sit and watch them do the dishes. Alvie washed and George dried since he knew where things went.  I took pictures; I hope it is not too many to share. Our table b/4 food. 2 B continued on next post.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 346
Points 9,420

Norma Doll:
2 B continued on next post.

I decided it was just too much for one post...... we ended up just using the clear glass plates since two people cancelled.  We went around and filled our plates then sit down. I made scalloped oysters that Alvie and I really like.  If you like fried oysters, this is a much easier way to do them and taste almost the same. The rest of the pictures:

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Thu, Dec 26 2013 10:47 AM

Jo, your table is just beautiful.  I love to see pics of men doing dishes.  Thanks for sharing that one, lol.  That's amazing that you would sweat like that before your heart surgery and now you don't at all.  Nice of the guests to stay away to make sure they didn't give you any of the illness in their household, too.  I've never had scalloped oysters.  How do you make them?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Thu, Dec 26 2013 10:53 AM

Robin, you are so right about just having Christmas.  All that hustle and bustle of getting things to make it perfect really don't have much meaning after the fact.  Every once in awhile I'll get a gift that is memorable, but not very often.  The thing we remember is who was there and who wasn't there and where we were, isn't it?  It is great that your hand made gifts were so loved and appreciated.  I always value things made by hand, too.  From heart to hands always is better, I say.  I know how your mom feels about getting back home.  I like to get home before dark, as if I'll turn into a pumpkin if I don't, lol.  Really, I don't see depth very well at night any more, so I don't like to drive in the dark, especially on holidays when others are distracted, too.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Thu, Dec 26 2013 10:55 AM

Robin:

Robin:

Robin

Linny,

Nevermind I found it. 

Robin

I'm glad you brought this up, Robin.  I was going to ask who all is participating.  It's been so long since I posted the guidelines, I have forgotten exactly what they say, lol.  I'll have to go back and read them, too.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Dec 26 2013 5:35 PM

Robin:

Robin

What square? Yikes, now I'm feeling anxious.

We had a very quilt Christmas day. It was just the two of us. It's kind of our Christmas gifts to each other. We have fun making an elaborate dinner just for two.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Dec 26 2013 5:40 PM

Jo-I love seeing the men do the dishes!

Whenever we have a dinner party, Ted always does the clean up and then we load everything in the dishwasher after the guests have gone. I love that Ted does this for me.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Dec 26 2013 5:42 PM

Linny t:

I'm glad you brought this up, Robin.  I was going to ask who all is participating.  It's been so long since I posted the guidelines, I have forgotten exactly what they say, lol.  I'll have to go back and read them, too.

ME! ME! ME! I'm doing it.  lol

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Thu, Dec 26 2013 5:47 PM

Jo,

Your table was lovely and look at all that Food!!! My goodness, what a spread. I love your sunshiny kitchen and the pic of the guys doing dishes is a keeper. It's great to hear you made it thru and that the surgery seems to have made an impact on the sweating breakouts you'd get.

Robin,

Christmas held a lot of sweet sentiment for you. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It was so wonderful to read that your niece loved her quilt. Her actions of holding it the rest of the visit spoke louder than words. Happy you had such a wonderful, rewarding day. And now you have some time off to enjoy.

Page 42 of 222 (3325 items) «Prev4041424344Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use