My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 4,643 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,757
Points 120,645
Linny t replied on Wed, Jul 29 2015 10:44 AM

Jo's been having trouble getting on this site, so she emailed me this to share with you all:

I guess QCA isn't working again.   I just ordered the neatest thing ( I think )  from Miles Kimble catalogue.  They call it a laundry center, but I will use it in my sewing room. If you go to Miles Kimble.com  and put in the # 350234 you can see it.  It might be good for Donna C. I don't have her email so maybe you could tell her about it.  It has an ironing board that folds down on the top, a drawer, a shelf and a basket made out of solid wood.  I have been using a TV tray and I am always knocking it over, not very stable.  Hugs, Jo

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,757
Points 120,645
Linny t replied on Wed, Jul 29 2015 10:47 AM

This is the pic from the Miles Kimble site.  This is really cool, Jo.  What a great idea!  I want one....

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 484
Points 8,375
lilliepad replied on Fri, Jul 31 2015 5:38 AM

Where is everyone? I have not seen a post in many days. Did we move to a different thread and I missed the announcement?

Hope everyone is doing OK.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 484
Points 8,375
lilliepad replied on Fri, Jul 31 2015 5:42 AM

I just posted something and I'm not getting notifications any longer. How do I turn that back on? Does anyone know? Well, that was rather silly of me. If I'm not getting the notifications I can;t read what you wrote me. I'll just check back now and then and see if I can find the post with the info.

Thanks-

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,757
Points 120,645
Linny t replied on Fri, Jul 31 2015 11:01 AM

I'm not getting them either.  I think some may not be able to post.  That was true for Jo.  I just checked my settings and my options for receiving emails are turned on, so it may not be the problem.  You can check yours by clicking on Home, then, next to your avatar are options, on the right.  Click on Edit your Profile.  When that opens you'll see 3 tabs.  Click on the center one, Site Options.  towards the bottom there's a place where you can set your notification preferences.

Since the site is strange I think it'd be a bad time to start another thread.  As soon as everyone's posting again, I'll start one.  Maybe that will help.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,227
Points 70,115
Robin replied on Sat, Aug 1 2015 7:07 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Thought I would start today posting some pictures from our trip and where better than with one of the big attractions.  Niagara Falls.  These falls were taken from the Canadian side of the falls looking at the America side.  The large part of the first picture is called American Falls,  the little part to the right is called Bridal Veil.  The second one is called Horse Shoe Falls also as seen from the Canadian side.

As for the activities at my house for the last couple of days.  I've been painting the bedroom/Quilt room.   I've got to go back and do some touch ups but the kids are home this weekend so it will have to wait until they leave.   Cooking is the plan for the day.   I make homemade lasagna from scratch, starting with the sauce about once a year.  So since all the kids are going to be here today.  Today is the day.  I've already got the sauce done, so all that's left is the actual lasagna.   But I'm also going to make a Sour Cream Pound Cake and Blueberry Sauce.   So I've got to get up and get going.

Oh!  I forgot to mention that one of the things I purchased at the quilt show in Hershey was a needle tatting kit.   So I'm in the process of learning.   It's interesting and I like it but I'm not sure if I will ever completely master it. 

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,757
Points 120,645
Linny t replied on Sat, Aug 1 2015 7:25 PM

Robin, some day I'll get to see those falls.  Were they loud?  Seems like they would be.  Beautiful.

Got any leftovers?  Just kidding.  I bet you don't with the kids in the house.  Made me hungry just thinking about it.  

I had some kind of stomach flu today.  It's passed now, but made me stay low all day.  It was rainy today, so a good day for it.  

I'm still not getting notifications in my email whenever anyone posts from this group.  I've decided to start a new thread that I'll call My Day 4.  I wasn't going to, but what can it hurt, right?

Hope you all had a lovely Saturday.

Linny T

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 229
Points 5,615
Jo1030 replied on Thu, Aug 6 2015 7:04 PM

Hi Linny,   I just got on here and see that you ordered one of the "laundry centers".  I wish I would have got mine b/4 I told you about it.....it is very cheaply made and the top comes off the base because the nails that should hold it on are too small.  George drilled holes and put screws in it to hold it on.  The wood is very cheap.  I didn't read the remarks b/4 I ordered it.   Once I put stuff in it to make it heavy it is working out ok and I do like it.   I also see that you have made My Day 4.  Hugs, Jo

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,757
Points 120,645
Linny t replied on Wed, Aug 19 2015 11:00 AM

Jo, I just saw this post.  I didn't order it.  I was just posting a pic to show others what you were talking about.  Too bad it's not a good quality.  It's a great idea.  

Linny T

Page 310 of 310 (4644 items) «Prev306307308309310
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2017 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.