My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,414 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,114
Points 42,220
Diane replied on Tue, Sep 2 2014 2:34 PM

Thanks for the info Linny.  I am trying to string a necklace that is heavy glass for a friend.  I am having so much trouble!  I guess I'll try to watch some shows.

Two of my lizards are hiding.  I just have Nelly and Ange cat. Lizards like to go and hibernate for a few days.  Toni has been giving me so much trouble.  I wish I could come to Florida and let her go be with other ones.  I may have to put her in rescue. First I'll post it on a rescue site. She can get very mean like an iguana. lol  There will never be another Bubba.  I still want to cry when I think of hem.  Toni is to the point where she scratches and bites and hates when I pick her up.  I have loved iguanas for a long time, taking in rescues because they are hard to place but I'm getting too old for this.   The dragons are fine.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Wed, Sep 3 2014 6:41 PM

Marie, where do you stay in Florida during the winter?

Diane, I hope Toni settles down and starts to play nice.

Robin, how's it going in your world?

Lillie, are you back to working yet?

Jo and Darlene, how's things with your kitties?

Stephanie, how'd the stress tests go?

Hope everyone had a happy Wednesday.  I can't believe tomorrow's Thursday already.  The other part to the blessing of a long weekend is a short work week, although they still get 5 days of work out of you. 

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 226
Points 4,160

Linny t:

Lillie, are you back to working yet?

Yes, I'm back to work. Though last week I worked more days than I would have liked (3). And this week I'll be working 2 days. I really want to work just 1 day per week. Then go in on my own time and work on my own quilts to practice what I have learned.

Last week and this week I have been doing web stuff. Once they found out I used to be a web designer and programmer, they moved me over to that. Don't get me wrong, I love working on web stuff. I mean, I really, REALLY, love working on web stuff. But this is just a short project until they launch their new site. Then I'll be back in the same spot. Not remembering what I'm doing from one week to the next.

I know it will all work out in the end. And I feel so blessed to have this job. A super dream come true. My boss is so gracious. God has blessed me 7 fold.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,114
Points 42,220
Diane replied on Wed, Sep 3 2014 10:12 PM

Hi Everyone

I found Toni Linny and she was just hiding in different places.  I let her alone.  Today she came out and I took her for her bath and of course she fought me.  I always have to wear my fire gloves.  Then she came and sat on the back on my chair for a while.  She doesn't want me to talk to her at this point.  When I talked to her, she hid again.  I am learning about her.  She reminds me of my first iguana.  Feisty. I'm going to play it her way and see what happens.  No more power struggles.  They don't work with her.

Lillie---you are so talented!  I'm impressed!  Glad to hear you're back to work.

• Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 226
Points 4,160

Diane:

Lillie---you are so talented!  I'm impressed!  Glad to hear you're back to work.

Thank you for the beautiful compliment Diane.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,053
Points 65,880
Robin replied on Thu, Sep 4 2014 6:16 AM

Thank you all for your prayers and concern.  As you can imagine it has been an emotion week.  We have been with Donn's mom all week and helped with arrangements and stuff.  She is such a state of shock that I'm not sure what her next few weeks will be like when we all return to our routines. It is going to be a major change for her and my sweet husband, who has never had to  be involved in his moms life on a weekly bases.  It's going to bea change for all of us. 

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Thu, Sep 4 2014 11:01 AM

Robin:

Thank you all for your prayers and concern.  As you can imagine it has been an emotion week.  We have been with Donn's mom all week and helped with arrangements and stuff.  She is such a state of shock that I'm not sure what her next few weeks will be like when we all return to our routines. It is going to be a major change for her and my sweet husband, who has never had to  be involved in his moms life on a weekly bases.  It's going to bea change for all of us. 

Robin

Robin my heart goes out to your MIL.  Poor dear...How old is she?  This will be a change for sure, for all of you.  I've been where she's at with loosing a spouse.  It takes time and can bring you so close to God because He is the great comforter.  Still praying for all of you...

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,053
Points 65,880
Robin replied on Fri, Sep 5 2014 6:40 AM

Linny,

I've try my best to assure her we will be there for her but even that will not be the same as having him. He was 77 she's 72 I think.  They have been married 32 years.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Fri, Sep 5 2014 11:07 AM

Wow, that's tough stuff, Robin.  Being together for that long it must be like dying yourself.  I know with Ricky I felt like half of me died.  It helped when people would listen to how I felt about it.  Most people don't want to listen any more, but that's the only way to get it outside of yourself.  Keep an eye on her after things have calmed down.  Hospice can help with counselling too.  

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,833
Marie replied on Fri, Sep 5 2014 7:28 PM

Linny t:
Marie, where do you stay in Florida during the winter?

Duneeden, just 1/2 hour NW of Tampa airport.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,053
Points 65,880
Robin replied on Sat, Sep 6 2014 7:19 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

It seems like forever since I sat in my office at the house and caught up with the morning news.   It has been one of the longest weeks of my life and one of the hardest.  I don't know which is worst losing someone you love or watching those you love hurt so much.   Either way it is nice to simply sit here and read about other peoples lives for a change.

Thank you all for your kind words and words of support.   I sure that as the months and weeks ahead unfold I will rely on those words more and more.

Donn's mom has set her mind to moving and not staying in the house.   Fortunately a very kind friend who has an empty apartment has offered it to her for the duration.  She will go to the house in the day and start the process of sorting out what she will keep and what she will get rid of.   It will be a tremendous downsize effort.   I realize to some it will seem like she is in a big hurry to do this and to move on and that she is not grieving.  But I have to say I wouldn't be able to stay in the house under the circumstances that she is facing with him passing there and her finding him.  I'm sure that is an image that she will have all her life.

Linny,   Thanks for the advice about sticking close.   We are planning to do that.   We have been so blessed through out the whole thing that I can't even begin to relate all the ways that God's grace has been evident but one of the ones that stands out the most is the people that God put in Ann's path on the trip she was on when he died.  She met a several woman that was good lifelong friends with her husband who are also widows, who do these bus trips like Ann all the time.  They have visited this week, shared experiences with her, called and checked on her daily, and spoke at the funeral.    I know that this will not be a substitute for Branson (FIL) or us, but it will be so nice for her  to have a sounding board when we screw up and to have a friend to call who will not only understand but will know the man who she is forever talking about.

Marie,  I missed something.  Do you come to Florida all winter ?

Stephanie,  I never said anything about the shoes but I vote for comfortable too.  I'm thinking something low so I can still move quickly if the need arises.  You know Mother's are always on Duty.   Glad to read that your test are all negative so far.

Lillie,  Glad to hear that you are doing well.   I hope that the rest of the test and treatments are going smoothly.

Well,  Monday I will probably be completely lost.   After being out a week, I just don't want to imagine what my classroom looks like or what the work that they supposedly did looks like.  However, I'm not going to rush into school and tend to it this weekend.  It will simply have to wait until Monday.   My family, my house and my life need some attention first.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,833
Marie replied on Sat, Sep 6 2014 7:55 AM

Robin:

Hi Robin, yes I usually come to Duneeden for Jan. through March.  This year is a question mark, will know after Monday weather I can go.  Duneeden is about 1/2 hour NW of the Tampa airport.  Where are you?  Marie

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,053
Points 65,880
Robin replied on Sat, Sep 6 2014 1:30 PM

Marie:

Robin:

Hi Robin, yes I usually come to Duneeden for Jan. through March.  This year is a question mark, will know after Monday weather I can go.  Duneeden is about 1/2 hour NW of the Tampa airport.  Where are you?  Marie

I live in North Florida about an hour east of Tallahassee, in Madison County.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Robin,

I'm so sorry your family is having to go through this. I don't blame Donn's mom a bit for wanting to move. Having her dear husband of 32 years pass in that way, and be there for a couple days would have been so devastating to come home to. I was bewildered over it for a couple days in thinking of it, and what she must be going through. I hope the change of place will help her heal. My prayers have been out for all of you, and I'm so sorry for your loss.

All of the heart tests came back negative for any problems. They had me fast walk up to a 90 percent heart rate, and I felt like I could have done higher.  Not bad for an overweight 'ol gal. I'm going for low shoes too. I got an email that my dress has shipped. I'm holding my breath till it gets here.

You are so right about school being able to wait, and setting your priorities with your family. There will always be work to be done, but life is fragile. I hope you have some time to rest a bit as well.....  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Diane,

I hope Toni will come around for you. It has to be hard to rescue them at an older age when they're not used to being handled and cared for the way you do. I thought of you when my neighbor invited me in last weekend. They have five kids, and had five bearded dragons in a tank. He was upset because the kids (naturally) had lost interest in them and the parents were having to care for them. 

Lillie,

I'm so happy for you being back to work, and loving it. And your boss. You'll have to link us to their new site when they get it up and running. If they're going to do online sales. All the best for you in continuing your job, and good health wishes as well.

Jo, 

I hope you get a chuckle out of this. I took your advice about mixing the Science Diet in with Otis's food. Don't you know that little stinker has "pawed" all the food out of his bowl, manipulated,  and eaten his regular food, and left the Science diet all around it.  I had to laugh. It reminds me of me when I was younger and my Mom would try to feed me Lima beans. She tried to make me sit there until I ate them. I stalled for a long time. Our washing machine was in the kitchen in that old house. I saw my chance, and ran over and scooped them off the plate, right behind the washer. LOL. Thank God a year or so passed. The washer went awry and a repairman had to be called. He pulled the washer out, and I remember so well. She leaned over real close, and said, "What is that?" LOL. I had to run to keep from laughing, and giving my secret away. She thought the pet rabbit had gotten behind there to do his business. LOL

Donna, 

I hope you are getting better as the days go by. I know when Otis passes, after all these years, it will be devastating for me. He's seventeen, and my little soul mate. One of my dogs as well. Mommie's babies. He's a 12 year old Boston Terrier. Both are life loves that cross our path's so seldom in our lives.  I love all my pets, but these two are adoring, and responsive to my every mood and word. Thinking of you....

Marie,

Do you have family and friends you visit down here during the winter months? It's the best time of year to come for sure. I'm not sure about Dunedin, but our traffic is crazy then. The trade off we have for living in paradise.... 

To all,

My goodness, the time blows by doesn't it? Lately, I'm not sure how I've spent all of mine. It seems like one day has blurred into another. LOL.After a month, I've finally gotten past the mundane, and back to finishing some projects around here. I'd mentioned earlier in a post to Robin that my dress for the wedding is sent. I'm a bit on pins and needles about it, especially after finding out it's from a website in China. I'm not expecting miracles for the price I paid, but am hoping the fabrics are decent. It's not easy to find a formal dress in  my size, but I was also shopping in an off season for them in the stores. It'll all work out. LOL.  I'd even still have time to make my own.  

Hope you all are enjoying all or at least moments of your weekend.... Hugs and prayers to all......  

Page 216 of 228 (3415 items) «Prev214215216217218Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use