My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 4,597 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 393
Points 6,795

Stephanie:

I have a couple "wedding" related projects to do for the "kids" The first is a hoot. Bride to be's pug is going to be a part of the wedding, and they've bought a dress for her. It needs a little alteration, and she wants the words "I do too" embroidered on it.  It's adorable. 

I don't know if I mentioned Darlene has been unable to access the site to post. She's been really busy and having lots of sales. Thought everyone could give her a Wave Hi. :-). We miss you....

Well, I'm off and running. Happy Day to all..... 

Stephanie-you just have to take a picture of the dog in her dress and share it with us. I think it's just too sweet.

YAY for Darlene. So happy that sales are going well. I know she was a bit worried with the change in venue.

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 393
Points 6,795

My special project had to take a back seat for the last week as I did not want to touch anything while I was glowing on the inside. I am hoping to get right on it Wed or Thurs afternoon.

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 393
Points 6,795

Linny t:

lilliepad:
Today I am free to eat whatever I want. I can be in close proximity to people for prolonged periods of time (like normal-lol). And DH gets to move back to our bedroom tonight. YAY
 Yay indeed!  It has to be horrible to be quarantined like that, especially from your DH.  What's next for you?  Are they going to do tests to see if they got it all?

Tomorrow, Wed, I go in for a full body scan. It takes about an hour for the scan. It looks to see where all the radioactive thyroid cells are located in my body. Hopefully, whatever are left are all in my throat area. But since they had to remove 5 positive lymph nodes, they could be all over my body. One the radiologist reads the scans and sends it back to the oncologist, she will review and give me a call with the results and a path forward. Path forward could be super good news and I'd need to do blood work at 3 and 6 months, and then once a year for 5 years. Bad news could be I need chemo and/or radiation. I am prepared for either. Thyroid cancer has a 99% cure rate. I am optimistic . Keep good thoughts for me.

Linny-I have not seen any posts about Barb lately. How is she doing? And, how are you doing? You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers everyday.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,210
Points 44,185
Diane replied on Tue, Aug 5 2014 5:38 PM

Lillie----Glad to hear things are getting back to normal.  With those odds, you have a right to be optimistic.  Will be thinking good thoughts for you.

Steph---would love to see pics of your wedding projects.  Sounds like fun!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,586
Points 117,635
Linny t replied on Tue, Aug 5 2014 8:08 PM

lilliepad:

Linny t:

lilliepad:
Today I am free to eat whatever I want. I can be in close proximity to people for prolonged periods of time (like normal-lol). And DH gets to move back to our bedroom tonight. YAY
 Yay indeed!  It has to be horrible to be quarantined like that, especially from your DH.  What's next for you?  Are they going to do tests to see if they got it all?

Tomorrow, Wed, I go in for a full body scan. It takes about an hour for the scan. It looks to see where all the radioactive thyroid cells are located in my body. Hopefully, whatever are left are all in my throat area. But since they had to remove 5 positive lymph nodes, they could be all over my body. One the radiologist reads the scans and sends it back to the oncologist, she will review and give me a call with the results and a path forward. Path forward could be super good news and I'd need to do blood work at 3 and 6 months, and then once a year for 5 years. Bad news could be I need chemo and/or radiation. I am prepared for either. Thyroid cancer has a 99% cure rate. I am optimistic . Keep good thoughts for me.

Linny-I have not seen any posts about Barb lately. How is she doing? And, how are you doing? You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers everyday.

You are in my prayers, Lillie.  Cancer is scary, even if it is 99% curable.  I hate the thought of you having to go through any of this and hope and pray you'll have the good results from your scan.  You are really brave about it and that positive attitude you have will make all the difference in the outcome.   

Barb has good days and bad days.  Some days are so bad I pray for the end.  On good days she doesn't make sense, but she's more "herself" about it.  On bad days she can't feed herself right and doesn't understand where her feet are when her knees are drawn up.  She gets weary very easily and sleeps a lot.  It's hard to tell how much of it's from the radiation and how much of it's the cancer.  I no longer hold out hope that she's going to get to a point where she can manage herself at home.  She doesn't remember home any more, as far as I can tell.  She looks at me strange when I talk about it.  Although it's a terrible thing to have to go through, I cherish every minute I have with her.  I'm also her healthcare surrogate, so there are all the decisions to make for her.  That's grueling.  I hate doctors and all the paperwork and insurance claims stuff.  These are hard choices and she's no help, the poor dear.  I wish I could take time off from work and keep her home with me, but it's not in the cards.  She is still not in any pain from the cancer which is a miracle.  Her hip gives her pain and they are still doing therapy with her, so who knows.  It wouldn't be the first time she pulled herself up by her boot straps.  She could surprise us again.  I pray she does, but I'm bracing for the worst.

Before I forget again, I got my block back yesterday, but forgot to post about it.  I am so in love with everything on it, I can't find words to express it.  I am literally in awe with it.  It is my favorite treasure.  I can hardly wait to start putting it together.  I want to thank you all for doing such lovely, creative work on it.  Every time I look at it I see something new.  You all have captured each season so perfectly.  And the journal is so precious to me.  I've read it over 3 times already.  I have big plans for the inside, too, but as soon as it's done, I'll post pics.  I had real time to look at it after seeing Barb yesterday.  Yesterday it was the worst it's been yet and I was full of tears about it.  Coming home to this lovely, heart filled work of art was such a blessing to me, I can't  even tell you.  Thank you all!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,183
Points 69,160
Robin replied on Wed, Aug 6 2014 5:40 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope your Wednesday has been a good one so far.   I over slept this morning and so I'm later than usual starting my day.  It wouldn't be such a bad thing except I have a dentist appoint this morning in Tallahassee. 

Jo,  You are so right about the length of the summers that children get these days.   They are no longer a that beautiful three month stretch they use to be.  Now there about two to two and half months.   During that time so many kids are busy with summer camp, college classes, travel ball and such that they don't even know they had a break.  I remember having lots of lazy days to read a book, visit family, go on a real vacation.  One that meant really going some place.  Now a days they only places parents seem to take their children is to an amusement park, the beach or a cruise.   My family always went places like the mountains, a historical land mark, or a point of interest, which was so cool then when I study about it in school.  And of course living on a farm there was tons of things to do like canning and freezing vegetables.   I guess my point is my summer was full and I was learning, which made school more interesting and I understood and care more about what I was learning that a lot of kids do today.

Stephanie,   To cut about the pug.  I've tried to get Laurie to include her Yorkie but it's been no dice.    The pictures and the box sound precious as well.  Good luck with your projects today.   Might better save the pictures for last if your like me.  I would get bogged down there remembering and not get anything else done.

Lillie,  Hooray!  You have been free.  Enjoy yourself.

I will post pictures of the Irish Chain top when I finish.   Hopefully by Friday.

Well,  got to run.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,586
Points 117,635
Linny t replied on Wed, Aug 6 2014 7:17 PM

Robin:

I will post pictures of the Irish Chain top when I finish.   Hopefully by Friday.

I'm looking forward to it Robin.  I hope your Wednesday was a good one and the dentist didn't cause you any pain.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,183
Points 69,160
Robin replied on Thu, Aug 7 2014 5:37 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you've had a productive week so far.

I went to the dentist yesterday and I wish I could say that it was happily a routine visit to check and see if I was healing ok.  But it wasn't !  I apparently have a massive chin muscle so he performed a release again yesterday.  He takes some stuff and deadens the muscle and then slices it slightly away from the chin bone. I've got to say the last time he did this as well as this time has been worst than the actual surgery.   Well, I had promise Keeley college apartment shopping so I took some of the pain meds they gave me and we (her, Donn and I) made a day of it.  So thankful Donn when along.  It was a productive trip, we got most of the stuff she needs for her bedroom and bath in the apartment.  The kitchen and living room will have to wait until we get there and see what everyone has.

Anyway this morning I'm blessed with a somewhat larger chin than I'm use to, but this to shall pass.

Darlene,  I'm glad to know you are out there.  I also glad that you are doing so well with your sells.

What a way to end the summer.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,586
Points 117,635
Linny t replied on Thu, Aug 7 2014 10:46 AM

Robin:
Anyway this morning I'm blessed with a somewhat larger chin than I'm use to, but this to shall pass.
 Oh, Robin.  Well at least you don't have to teach children with it, right?  Hope you never have to have that again.  Can't believe you went shopping with it.  Nice that you were able to get so much done, though.  Thank God for Donn, right?

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,210
Points 44,185
Diane replied on Thu, Aug 7 2014 11:05 AM

Linny---I am so happy that you are loving the block and it's giving you joy.  It's the first time I used the Mighty Bright and I think my work turned out so much better.

I really feel that as long as Barbara is getting radiation she will be sick like this.  I can't tell you how many patients I've had when I worked on a GYN unit how many patients went through this and I thought they were going to die.  We used to give therm "hyper alimintation"  which had loads of vitamins and nutrients.  Anyway, try to think that this is for a short while and when she is finished, she will return to better health.  She may have to stay in assisted living for a while.

Lillie---so nice that things are getting back to normal.  Good luck with the bone scan.

I have found someone to take my little Travis---the one I hatched from an egg.  I don't want to see him go but I have to downsize in my bedroom and at this point, I think the lizards are taking over.  The family will put him in the dining room so he will have lots to see.  And he will be by a window.  The wife is doing a lot of research so I know it will be a good home.  I will be doing some rearranging so my bedroom will look more like a bedroom instead of an animal house.  As it turns out, Toni, my iguana is a lot of work.  I've bee through this before and it takes time to train them.  She is young and it is going slowly.

I well be working on my jewelry more which is what I will be using the Might Bright for---thank you Stephanie!

I have been sort of "friends" with a lady in the building and she is one of these flighty kind of people.  I have noticed she generally gets the better end of the deal.  She took 2 months to pay me once.  She really loves my jewelry though.  The other day, she bought something for $10.  I left the bill on the dining room table and then it was gone.  When she left, the next day I looked on the table for it and it was gone!!!   I looked all over for a $10 bill and didn't have one.  A few months ago  I had some earrings I was fixing and asked her if they were hers and she said yes, and took them!  They belonged to someone else so I had to make earrings for here to pay her back.  She has denied taking either saying it must be something I did.  I had to cut it off with her today.  Too bad because she loved my jewelry.  Well, as my Nana used to tell me "when one door closes, another will open"  This time, a better one I hope.

It is so hard to meet good friends here,  Lots of game players.  But I have found a few.

Good day everyone.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,586
Points 117,635
Linny t replied on Thu, Aug 7 2014 9:19 PM

Diane, Barb's been done with radiation for almost 3 weeks now.  She's just this week started loosing her hair from it.  We'll see how she does.  When she had radiation the first time she took about 2 months to get back to herself.  She sleeps a lot.  Yesterday she was asleep and couldn't be woken up, even with shaking her.  Her BP was 97/72.  She finally did wake up, though and was really hungry.  The Dr. checked her and didn't find anything new.  He thought she was just in a profoundly deep sleep.  We thought it might have been pain meds, but she didn't have any all day.  Tonight she was awake but not that alert.  Every day she's different.

Too bad about Travis, but I get the concept of having too many pets.  They start to take over.  Sometimes I feel like a human who lives with dogs, lol.  I only have 2.  Imagine if I had more.  I hope his new home is as special as it sounds.

That sucks about the lady taking advantage of you.  I say poof on her.  There are lots of people in the world and many of them would be better friends and customers than her.  I wish you lots of luck with your jewelry.  Christmas is coming too.  I know your sales always pick up around the holidays...Did I just say Christmas?  What's wrong with me, right?  It seems like it was just spring.  Now summer's almost over.  Where did the year go?

I really do love my etui.  I can tell your stitching is much more precise, too.  Not that it was bad before, mind you, but when you can see clearly you take on more challenging stitching, I think.  It gives you confidence.  I want one of those mighty bright lamps, too.  The visor is great, but sometimes I just don't feel like wearing it.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,183
Points 69,160
Robin replied on Fri, Aug 8 2014 6:58 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm a late sleeper this morning, with way to much to do.   As usual!

I hope you all have a wonderful Friday.

Robiin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,586
Points 117,635
Linny t replied on Fri, Aug 8 2014 11:19 AM

Hope your Friday is wonderful, too, Robin!

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 393
Points 6,795
lilliepad replied on Fri, Aug 8 2014 11:40 AM

Good Morning All,

Got a call from the oncologists office. I guess there is some activity on the left side of my throat and they want me to go in for another ultrasound to see if it's lymph nodes or thyroid tissue. The oncologist did say that this might happen so I was prepared for this event.

Also, I just finished with a 1-1/2 hour massage. She comes to my house. I know her from my book club. She is wonderful.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,183
Points 69,160
Robin replied on Sat, Aug 9 2014 3:30 AM

lilliepad:

Good Morning All,

Got a call from the oncologists office. I guess there is some activity on the left side of my throat and they want me to go in for another ultrasound to see if it's lymph nodes or thyroid tissue. The oncologist did say that this might happen so I was prepared for this event.

Also, I just finished with a 1-1/2 hour massage. She comes to my house. I know her from my book club. She is wonderful.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Lillie,

I hope your issue is a minor thing that they can take care of quickly.  Your in my thoughts and prayers.   Glad you had a relaxing massage.  Keep that positive spirit.

Robin

Page 201 of 307 (4598 items) «Prev199200201202203Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.