My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 4,451 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,676
Points 141,268

Donna C:
So far so good up to today, regarding Nabia peeing on that bed!  I haven't had to wash that bedding for several days now.  LOL  She seems to be eating better, too, and is staying at a little above 5 lbs.  At least she's not continuing to loose...not gaining  much yet either though.  She did have blood work done a few months ago, and her blood sugar was normal, but thanks, Diane, for that suggestion about checking for diabetes.  I'm hoping it's just "old age."  

My Otis is going through spells of digestive troubles. He's 17. He has times that he just cries for milk, others that he seems to throw up everything he eats for days at a time. Then it goes away and he's ok. The vet said his bloodwork was great for a cat his age. Hard to know what causes these things. I just listen to what he wants and give it to him. I just feel like anything he wants that will keep his weight up is a plus. To say the least of him being happy. It's hard to see them age. Has to be such a relief for you to have Nabia stop her peeing on the bed.

How fun for you to see your grandson. He must have been mesmerized by the puppets. So precious....    

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,172
Points 68,895
Robin replied on Mon, Aug 4 2014 4:50 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

My how I missed you all.   I read post while I was at the beach but held off responding until I got home.

The beach was really good.  I'm a little browner and more restful.  I think the best part was the just sitting on the beach soaking up the sun and reading a book.  I also loved the time with family of course, but I can't say that was a restful.   Are kids are all between 23-17 now and so although we don't have the days of diaper changing, lugging a small kitchen to the beach, we now have kids who drink , kids taking out the boat, kids with boyfriends, kids without boyfriends, so it's a different kind of trip.    But still as fun and restful as ever.  My brother and I did have a chance to talk about mom some.  I could tell that it was weighing on him that he had limited her driving to a particular area,  I did my best to assure him that he had done the right thing and that she was really ok with it and understood.  I hate the fact that he is having to bare the day to day realities of Mom's aging but in reality he is the best one for the job.  Mom listens to him and always has.  He is has always been her go to guy.   I'm just going to have to be there when he needs me.

Kids come back and in two weeks and I'm wondering where the time has gone. 

Diane,  Your work on Linny's block is beautiful.   I really like how you made it so summery and so Florida looking.  Hope your feeling better today.

Linny,  I'm glad to hear that you got some rest.  I hope your week is peaceful.

Donna,  I love the little sock puppets.  I bet when he get more use to them he'll have a great time trying to catch them and play with them.  

Stephanie,  I love how you share your knowledge with us so freely.  It's like having a remodeling professional on speed dial.  Thanks for being so giving.

Darlene,  You must be real busy keeping up with your stock for Market Days.   Taking that as a good sign for your sells.

Mamag, I hope your feeling well. 

Happy Monday everyone,

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,542
Points 116,860
Linny t replied on Mon, Aug 4 2014 10:39 AM

Robin, I'm happy you had such a great time at the beach.  Adult children bring about a whole different set of commotion, don't they?  

Your brother will surely need you as his support as your mom progresses in age.  It's great that you 2 have such a relationship where you can be that for him.  I wish I had a support person now with Barb.  There's her daughter and son, but I find myself trying to be strong for them.  I don't know what I'd do without all of you here.  

Hope you enjoy your last days of summer break.  It sure has gone by fast, hasn't it?  I'm not sure you really had one, outside of the beach trip.  

Robin:
Stephanie,  I love how you share your knowledge with us so freely.  It's like having a remodeling professional on speed dial.  Thanks for being so giving.
 I dito this with my whole heart.

Robin:
Darlene,  You must be real busy keeping up with your stock for Market Days.   Taking that as a good sign for your sells.
 You know, I was thinking we hadn't heard from Darlene in awhile.  Darlene if you're lurking out there, pop in and let us know how it's going.

Jo, haven't heard from you in awhile.  Hope you're feeling well and not too full of kitten scratches.

Lillie, how's the radiation going?  Has your DH complained about the guest bed yet?

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 191
Points 4,310
Donna C replied on Mon, Aug 4 2014 10:44 AM

Stephanie, thank you so much for the advice about my cabinets and counters.  I'm going to take what you said seriously, because I trust all your experience.  You are so generous and helpful. 

Thank you to all of you with aging cats for your empathy regarding Nabia.  That makes me feel better and not so alone with the problem.  Like Stephanie, I'm just resolved to give her whatever she wants to make this process easier for her.  

Robin, I'm so glad you got to rest, sun, read a good book, enjoy your kids, and talk with your brother.  You are such a good sister to be so supportive of him as he takes on the job of being the main person in charge of your mom's problems as she ages.  I empathize with all that since I've been through it.  We'll all be in your mom's place soon enough, too!

To all:  Speaking of cats, I think my next project is to make a "Cat Snuggles" (a crocheted cat mat in the round).  It will use up a lot of my ends and pieces of yarns.  My cats already have a lot of cat beds in the round (we call them "pizza plates"), so I may donate this one to a shelter.  I found a couple of good free patterns on Ravelry.com.  

BTW:  Do any of you use Ravelry for quilters?  I just notice there is one, but haven't checked it out yet.

I'm almost done making sock puppets, and will use the leftover cotton yarn to make dishcloths and washcloths.  They are really great!  Once you use one, you'll want more!  I've got to have some project going or I go crazy!  

I can't do much quilting or finish my DH's Renaissance jacket without my sewing machine, but I'm thankful that Joann Fabrics found a copy of my invoice of when I bought it from them in June of 2013.  Without that the warranty on the parts wouldn't be honored.  They emailed me a copy of it, which I'm going to send on to the repair shop.

Have a great Monday!

Donna C.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 6,425

Today I am free to eat whatever I want. I can be in close proximity to people for prolonged periods of time (like normal-lol). And DH gets to move back to our bedroom tonight. YAY

Hope everyone is having a super Monday and it will continue through the rest of the week to a glorious weekend.

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,172
Points 68,895
Robin replied on Tue, Aug 5 2014 4:11 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope your Tuesday is off to a good start.  I'm up and fixing to jump on some of these projects I need to be finishing up for school, so I can focus on the start of school.  Heaven help me.  Yesterday was productive but also unproductive.  I worked in my classroom for the better part of the morning and then made a trip to the grocery store, followed by a meeting, a haircut and fixing dinner. So I got stuff done just not the stuff I wanted done.

Today, I'm going to go back to the school and work some and home to work on either the donation quilt for FCCLA or the beloved curriculum maps.  I need to be finished with both by Monday.

But it's all good.  I'm still relaxed and rested.  I didn't even lose it yesterday when I saw the broken top on my stove at school.  Yes, one of the two they moved to my room the electrician broke the top of.  So now I have to wait for the repairman to come and fix it.  

I hope everyone is doing great and working on their special projects.  I enjoy it so much when I get to see them. There is so much beauty in this world of quilting.  The donation quilt is helping me see how beautiful simple is.  It's a double irish chain and it's turning in a beauty.  Made me realize that even a simple 12" nine patch square can be beautiful.  Creativity is so therapeutic.

Hope you all have a blessed day!

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,676
Points 141,268

Robin,

I'm so happy that you had the day at the beach to take in some sunshine and enjoy family time. And I'm really happy that you had some time to share with your brother. I know your understanding and support meant a lot to him. It has to be tough to make the decisions. It's good that your mom is responsive to his wishes and hopefully will follow through. You're a great sis.

Robin:
I love how you share your knowledge with us so freely.  It's like having a remodeling professional on speed dial.  Thanks for being so giving.

Thank you. That was so sweet...

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,676
Points 141,268

Donna,

Thanks so much. Always happy to help if I can. Best of luck with your project, and share with us as you go along. 

Donna C:
Speaking of cats, I think my next project is to make a "Cat Snuggles" (a crocheted cat mat in the round).  It will use up a lot of my ends and pieces of yarns.  My cats already have a lot of cat beds in the round (we call them "pizza plates"), so I may donate this one to a shelter.  I found a couple of good free patterns on Ravelry.com.

This sounds so cute. I've never heard of Ravelry. com. I'll have to check it out... One of my SIL's sent us a crocheted dishcloth. It's so pretty I haven't had the heart to use it. I'm kind of sentimental that way. Hard to believe you've just had your machine a year and it's in for repairs. I hope it will all be covered under warranty and the shop doesn't give you the run around, How much longer do they intend to keep it?  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,676
Points 141,268

lilliepad:

Today I am free to eat whatever I want. I can be in close proximity to people for prolonged periods of time (like normal-lol). And DH gets to move back to our bedroom tonight. YAY

Hope everyone is having a super Monday and it will continue through the rest of the week to a glorious weekend.

That's great news!!!! How are you feeling? Hope you had a super day, and right back at ya for the rest of the week!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,676
Points 141,268

Robin:
I hope your Tuesday is off to a good start.  I'm up and fixing to jump on some of these projects I need to be finishing up for school, so I can focus on the start of school.  Heaven help me.  Yesterday was productive but also unproductive.  I worked in my classroom for the better part of the morning and then made a trip to the grocery store, followed by a meeting, a haircut and fixing dinner. So I got stuff done just not the stuff I wanted done.

You had a busy day!!! So hard to fathom that it's already getting time for you to have to go back. Your "summer vacation" really wasn't one. It seemed as though every week of it had something school related. Good for you keeping your cool with the broken stove top. I hope the company is stepping up to have it repaired for you. And that it's done in time.

Robin:
I hope everyone is doing great and working on their special projects.  I enjoy it so much when I get to see them. There is so much beauty in this world of quilting.  The donation quilt is helping me see how beautiful simple is.  It's a double irish chain and it's turning in a beauty.  Made me realize that even a simple 12" nine patch square can be beautiful.  Creativity is so therapeutic.

So true about there being so much beauty in the world of quilting. I love simple quilts, scrappy quilts, intricate quilts. I think I love them all. LOL. I can't wait to see your double irish chain.

Have a Blessed day too! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,676
Points 141,268

And here I go running off at the posts.

We had flash flooding around town yesterday. Crazy! Cars off the road everywhere from people trying to drive their small cars through two feet of water. It just happened so fast I'm sure a lot of them were just trying to get home. I'm so glad I didn't drive my old cadillac. It sits low to the ground and I might have been one of the stranded ones. It has this awful traction control thing that can kick in and makes the power steering go out. Trying to turn the wheel of that big boat is like trying to haul a fifty pound bag of dirt. LOL       

I'm excited for the day. I finally feel like I have a day to play. Yay!

I have a couple "wedding" related projects to do for the "kids" The first is a hoot. Bride to be's pug is going to be a part of the wedding, and they've bought a dress for her. It needs a little alteration, and she wants the words "I do too" embroidered on it.  It's adorable. And I have a treasure style box for wedding gift cards that she wants a saying lettered inside of. So I need to design a stencil for that. Cutting out the letters will take the most  time, but I love stuff like that. She'll be able to use it in her house for a decor piece down the road. I also need to find pic's of Paul from 1 year old to 15. They're going to put one on each of the 15 tables. She'll fashion them so the pictures of her will be beside pic's of Paul at each age. Too cute.  

I don't know if I mentioned Darlene has been unable to access the site to post. She's been really busy and having lots of sales. Thought everyone could give her a Wave Hi. :-). We miss you....

Well, I'm off and running. Happy Day to all..... 

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Hi everyone,   I have been just reading the posts.....not much new to talk about on my end.

The rr's you all have done are beautiful!  I am glad I didn't get in it, I would never be able to do the kind of work you do.

Robin, it doesn't seem possible that it is almost time for school again.  The summers always seemed so long when I was a child; of course we got out the end of May and didn't go back till the first of Sept. (after Labor Day).  Three full months!   I'll bet that sounds good to you.

Mamag, I love your little sock puppets.

Hi Darlene.....good luck with all your sales!  Miss you. 

Stephanie, you sound like you are really busy; but enjoying everything to do with the wedding.  I hope the pug behaves for the wedding. I hope to see pictures of her.

Coko is really growing. She is still trying to "eat" my arms, but not quite as bad.  Sammy is still growling and hissing, but also not as bad. Coko is fascinated with him and will get to about 3 feet of him before Sammy hisses at her.  Sammy has tried swatting her a few times,but he doesn't have nails on his front feet, so no damage done. The other night Sammy was eating and growling the whole time he was eating. The vet gave me 2 samples of Feliway wipes to use. You don't put it on the cat, you put it where he usually lays. It has pheromones in it that is suppose to calm them.  You wipe it and leave 30 min. and then let the cat in.  It may have helped a little.  I found it on ebay and ordered a plug-in with it and a spray.  The vet said they wipe the table with it when they know they have an animal coming that is really frightened, or you can use it on the carrier.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,192
Points 43,765
Diane replied on Tue, Aug 5 2014 10:22 AM

Donna C----My kitty Angie is 17.  She is tubby.  She has long fur which I have to shave at the vet every 4 months.  Last time they did bloodwork and the vet said her sugar is up slightly.  Her weight does go up and down and sometimes she drinks and drinks like she has high sugar that day.I really don't want to start her on insulin.  She is about 95 yrs old in human time.  Don't know but I would probably start her if necessary.  The vet told me I could buy some testing strips at the drugstore to check her acetone level which would tell me something if it's elevated.  You just put the test strip in the fresh urine in the litter box.  I asked the vet for a couple of strips and she told me nicely that I could buy them at CVS.  I had just paid her $150 for services too.  Oh well.

Stephanie---I had looked at your blog a while ago and remember I was very impressed with your skills at quilt making.  I'll check it out again.  My quilting is just mostly blocks sewn together..  But I quilt some nice designs on them.  Right now I'm working on a 10" block quilt with natural colors mostly green, pink and rose.  My daughter tole me to not give it away.  I stopped working on it because of the quilt I worked on----the job quilt.(o:.  I hope to start again.  I also have to take some dresses in from weight loss.  And put the blocks together for wall hangings.  I think they will add so much to my apartment.

Robin---so happy for you that you had fun at the beach.  You need more days like that before you start school again where there is a whirl wind of projects.

Linny---still praying for Barbara and you as the care giver.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,542
Points 116,860
Linny t replied on Tue, Aug 5 2014 10:23 AM

Robin:

Hope you all have a blessed day!

It really is therapeutic, isn't it?  I hope you share pics of your double Irish chain before you donate it.  I've always had  one of these on my bucket list, but never have done it.  I'm glad your still relaxed from the beach, too, even in the face of a broken stove top.  Good luck with getting all your stuff done before Monday.  I hope you have a blessed day, too, Robin.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,542
Points 116,860
Linny t replied on Tue, Aug 5 2014 10:29 AM

lilliepad:
 Yay indeed!  It has to be horrible to be quarantined like that, especially from your DH.  What's next for you?  Are they going to do tests to see if they got it all?

Linny T

Page 200 of 297 (4452 items) «Prev198199200201202Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use