rated by 0 users
This post has 3,758 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,312
Points 113,560
Linny t replied on Thu, Jul 31 2014 1:00 PM

Diane:
Linny---I finished your block!  I have taken pics and will post tomorrow and hopefully send it out too.  It is going to be a beautiful etui. ?  Can't remember the spelling. lol
 Yahoo!  Can't wait to see it.  It's been gone so long I have forgotten what it looked like, lol.

I feel for you being behind in your chores.  I'm so far behind I can't stand to think of it.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,312
Points 113,560
Linny t replied on Thu, Jul 31 2014 2:07 PM

Stephanie:

Robin:
I want to wear a tea length because it's an indoor/outdoor event, plus I hate buying a dress and I can't wear it but to one event.  

I can understand this. For me, I have resolved myself to turning my dress into a cq project down the road. I never have occasion to wear dresses, and at my weight look positively awful in them. LOL

It is a trial getting a dress to wear to your child's wedding.  Audra picked mine out.  It's a pale shade of her bridesmaids' dress color, lavender.  Since she picked it out I could say to people who commented on it, "Audra picked it out.", lol.  I felt like I was overdressed since it was full length.  I would have picked something much more comfortable.  Really it looked nice and I matched the wedding party in all the pics.  I suppose that's the main thing to think about.  If it's going to look good in the pics.  I like Stephanie's idea and that's what I'm going to do with the one from Audra's wedding.  I've had it 8 years and never had an opportunity to wear it again, so, might as well make a good use for it.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 127
Points 3,030
Donna C replied on Thu, Jul 31 2014 9:14 PM

Robin and Stephanie, good luck on the MOB dress.  Don't forget to think about the undergarments!  I didn't think about that too well for my MOB dress when my daughter got married.  I am very "busty" and really need good support.  However, the dress needed a good strapless bra, and the one I had wasn't so good.  Oh, well.  The "girls" were a little droopy in the pics.  Lol.   BTW I like the idea of making a cq from the MOB dress.  I haven't worn mine again, and it's been 11 years!  Also, everything matching doesn't seem to be an issue anymore, for some brides anyway.  My daughter's BFF, who is from a rather high society family, had her bridesmaids dress in "ocean" colors.  (She has her doctorate in marine biology.)  So the colors were all in the blue range, but they didn't match exactly.  They did blend well, though.  My daughter chose a dark teal, silky fabric, and a vintage pattern, and then I made the dress.  Boy, that was a challenge!  It also meant that my daughter had to visit me often for her fittings, so that was great!  

Robin, I hope you enjoy your time at the beach.   It's so sweet of you to get there ahead of your SIL and sister to prepare things.  I hope all your other projects will be either done before you go, or you can easily put them out of your mind and really rest.

Lillie, I hope you are getting through this time with minimal effects from the radiation.  It sounds like you did some great preparations by getting some meals cooked ahead of time.  Hopefully now that your DH has slept on that guest bed's mattress he will be willing to get a new one!  :)

Stephanie, you have really been busy.  I'm trying to understand your business.  Is it furniture refinishing and/or upholstery?  I'd love to know more about it.  

Diane, so glad to hear you're better, and I hope your pet's health problems are resolved soon.  I know how that can weigh on one's mind.  My little Nabia (a 16 year old cat) eats quite a bit, but she seems to continue to loose weight.  She doesn't seem to weight anything when I pick her up.  Thankfully, though, she doesn't really act sick, yet anyway.   She's been really good about using the litter box, but last Sunday my stepson came over, and he took a nap on the guestroom bed.  She peed on it that evening after he left.  I washed the whole bedding, plus sanitized the mattress.  Then she did it 2 more times this week.  When he lived with us we had to keep that door closed to keep her out of there, because she would pee on the bed.  However, after he left to live elsewhere, she had stopped peeing on it....until he slept on it last Sunday.  :(   It would be funny if I didn't have to wash that bedding so much!  I try to keep the door closed, but it's also the room I have my computer and sewing in, so I'm in and out of it a lot.  Hopefully now that he's been gone for a few days now, she'll settle down.

Linny, thanks for wishing me good luck in choosing a new church.  I think I'm going to like this one, and my neighbor friend may start going with me, too.  I like to sing, so I may start taking part in their "praise team."

The menu schedule hasn't really been working out, at least for now.  My next door neighbors are muslims, so they were going through Ramadan all last week, and through this last Tuesday night.  So they fast all day until sundown.  Then they have the most delicious food.  The mom is a great cook.  So they have been giving us food almost every night.  You don't want to turn this down!  I've learned a lot about middle eastern food from them.  I've learned how to make hummus and tabouli, both very healthy foods.  Of course I always give them stuff, too.  My DH made several homemade pizzas last week, and gave them one.  Anyway, I think we're getting back into our eating schedule this next week.

Today I got a little more energetic and cleaned the floors, and waxed the living room, hall, and our bedroom floors.  I love clean, shiny floors!  Mostly, though, I've been knitting and watching my shows on HuluPlus!  I'm attaching a pic of the three sock puppets I knitted for my little grandson.  I'm going to see him on Saturday, rain or shine!  It's been almost 3 weeks since my last visit, and I'm dying to see him again.  He just turned 11 weeks.

• Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Thu, Jul 31 2014 10:04 PM

Donna C:
My little Nabia (a 16 year old cat) eats quite a bit, but she seems to continue to loose weight.  She doesn't seem to weight anything when I pick her up.

When that happens to humans, it can mean diabetes.  It happens when the blood sugar gets high and stays there.  And they many not act sick.  Does Nabia drink a lot?  I had my 17 year old cat's bloodwork done and her blood sugar was slightly high.  Sometimes she does drink and drink.  I hate to get into giving her insulin shots.  Oh well.  I wonder why she peed on the bed.  

The sock puppets are adorable!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Thu, Jul 31 2014 10:07 PM

Here is my finished block.  I love it!!  It's gorgeous.  Thank you all for your beautiful work.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Thu, Jul 31 2014 10:13 PM

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Thu, Jul 31 2014 10:17 PM

Linny---I mailed your block this morning---Thursday---Priority mail.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,102
Points 66,955
Robin replied on Fri, Aug 1 2014 5:06 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that you have had a good start to your morning and looking forward to your weekend.

Yesterday was busy but productive.  Laundry done, mystery smell worked on, bath scrubbed and some rows on the Red and White quilt that I'm working on for FCCLA completed.   But the best part of the day was the mail arrival and my beautiful block arrived. 

I love everything about this block.  The flowers and trees, the birds, butterflies and dragonflies.  Thank you all for the hard work and talent that you put into my block it is truly an inspirational piece.   I feel like I could wander for hours in this garden and see something new each time.

Well, got to run the sand, surf and sea are calling.

Robin

PS.  YOU GALS ARE THE BEST!!!!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 271
Points 4,835

Donna C:

I'm attaching a pic of the three sock puppets I knitted for my little grandson.  I'm going to see him on Saturday, rain or shine!  It's been almost 3 weeks since my last visit, and I'm dying to see him again.  He just turned 11 weeks.

Donna C- your sock puppets are so sweet. I know he'll love them once he is old enough to understand what they are. Eleven weeks. Seems like yesterday when you shared his newborn pix with us.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 271
Points 4,835

Linny-I can't wait to see your etui all sewn together. It will be stunning.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,312
Points 113,560
Linny t replied on Fri, Aug 1 2014 10:38 AM

Donna C:
Linny, thanks for wishing me good luck in choosing a new church.  I think I'm going to like this one, and my neighbor friend may start going with me, too.  I like to sing, so I may start taking part in their "praise team."
 You can tell a lot about a church from their praise team. I hope you love it.  It's hard to change churches, but a good praise and worship team can make it easy.

Donna C:

Today I got a little more energetic and cleaned the floors, and waxed the living room, hall, and our bedroom floors.  I love clean, shiny floors!  Mostly, though, I've been knitting and watching my shows on HuluPlus!  I'm attaching a pic of the three sock puppets I knitted for my little grandson.  I'm going to see him on Saturday, rain or shine!  It's been almost 3 weeks since my last visit, and I'm dying to see him again.  He just turned 11 weeks.

These are so cute, Donna!  How clever with all the embellishments.  Your grandson is going to love them.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,312
Points 113,560
Linny t replied on Fri, Aug 1 2014 10:43 AM

Diane:

Diane, I just love what you did on my Summer side.  Love, love, love it!  It speaks to what summer really is for me with the palm tree and seashells and the little sailboat.  Just beautiful!  Thank you for doing such a lovely job on it!  I can't wait to get it back so I can see it all in person.  I'm so excited!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,312
Points 113,560
Linny t replied on Fri, Aug 1 2014 10:45 AM

lilliepad:

Linny-I can't wait to see your etui all sewn together. It will be stunning.

Me, either, Lillie.  I'm so excited to look ahead to doing it.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,312
Points 113,560
Linny t replied on Sat, Aug 2 2014 6:28 PM

It's really quiet for a Saturday.  Hope that means everyone's having a great day today. 

I've been catching up on sleep.  I didn't set out to do that today.  I got an early start, got a haircut and a little shopping in.  Then I went to see Barb.  She had PT while I was there.  She is slowly getting some strength back in her legs, but it wears her out so.  I brought her some silk flowers and a vase and she made an arrangement.  She was full of smiles about it and very proud to show the nursing staff.  It was nice to make her happy.  When I got home I laid down to give my feet a rest and before I knew it, it was 6pm.  Nothing like a 4 hour nap to steel the best part of a day.   since then I've been cleaning my sewing room, trying to find the bottom of the mess from working on CQs.  It's getting there. 

I've come up with a new favorite way to store my silk ribbon.  I'm winding it on bobbins, like the kind you put in your sewing machine.  I'm on the 7mm size first because it fits so nice on the bobbin and I have a lot of it from when I was playing with dying it myself.  It'll be nice to have it in one place.  Classic 15 bobbins work perfectly for 7mm ribbon.  I like the way it looks in the bobbin box, too.  It's like when you get a box of crayons.  Looking at the colors makes me feel like stitching.

Hope everyone's healthy and happy and enjoying the weekend.

Linny T

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Donna C:
Robin and Stephanie, good luck on the MOB dress.  Don't forget to think about the undergarments!

Thanks for relating this. I need full body support. LOL. Your daughters dress sounded beautiful. I can imagine it was a challenge with that slippery fabric.

You sock puppets are adorable! You are so talented. Love the little smiley faces on them too.

Donna C:
Stephanie, you have really been busy.  I'm trying to understand your business.  Is it furniture refinishing and/or upholstery?  I'd love to know more about it

I'm a painting contractor. We do custom painting, cabinet refinishing, faux finishing, and woodgraining. The projects I've talked about here are my own personal projects. I had a customer that gutted their kitchen and were putting new cabinets in. It was funny, because they had a few of the old ones in the garage and asked me if I could use them. I definitely could. Next thing I know they have arranged for a truck to bring them to my house. It wasn't the few I saw in the garage, but the whole kitchen. LOL. I've taken the ones I could use, and placed them into areas of the house where I could use them. It's taken me almost two years to build counter tops, install them, and "trim" them out.  I was a carpenter in another life. LOL. My hubby says I'm just not happy unless I've got some kind of project going. LOL

Your neighbors food sounds amazing. I love to try all kinds of food, spices, etc. It's  great to have neighbors that you can share with.

Hope your new church is wonderful for you. It will be so nice if your neighbor joins you as well. I used to love to sing. Lost my singing voice over time, but still do when no ones listening. LOL

• Post Points: 35
Page 198 of 251 (3759 items) «Prev196197198199200Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use