My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 4,641 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 982
Points 16,925

Linny - I hate it that Barb is so sick from her treatments is she going to try medical marijuana, two of the three friends of mine that are going threw this are.  They say it helps them thru it.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,693
Points 141,563
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jul 22 2014 10:43 AM

Robin:
 I would love to know more about the process you used to make the butterfly.

I have an older designer one (Viking) sewing/embroidery machine, You download the designs into software, and the computer writes it onto a floppy disk for my machine. This design was from emblibrary.com For freestanding lace you use water soluble stabilizer. I usually use two layers depending on the design. After the design is embroidered, you cut away as much of the stabilizer as possible and dunk the design into water. The rest of the stabilizer dissolves and just the lace is left. It's quite addictive. LOL

Robin:
 Laurie had a conference in St. Augustine and didn't want to come along so me and Keeley join her.  I brought my work Key brought a book.  Planning on working some and playing some. 

Hope you have a great time with your lovely daughters! I've only been once, and it poured rain. Still enjoyed the sites...

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,693
Points 141,563
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jul 22 2014 11:16 AM

Thank you Linny for the compliments on my work. 

Linny t:
Barb is suffering the effects of the radiation.  She's so tired all the time that she hardly can form sentences.  When she does, she hardly ever makes sense.  It's very hard seeing her like this.  The good news is that she's being transferred to a rehabilitation center tomorrow after her last radiation treatment.  They wouldn't take her until she finished her radiation.  She's looking forward to the change and having something as a goal.  They want to strengthen her legs, especially, and get at least some stamina back.  Right now it wears her out to move from bed to chair.  It's a nice place and it's close to her daughter.  I'm hoping the change of scenery along with more activity makes her happier.

I'm so sorry Barb is suffering. I hope the move goes well for her. It'll be nice for her to be closer to where her daughter lives. Is it farther away from you?

I know you must be exhausted from working all day and going to the hospital every night. I hope your leg heals quickly. I'm looking forward to seeing your work on Robin's block...   

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,605
Points 117,925
Linny t replied on Tue, Jul 22 2014 11:16 AM

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:

Linny - I hate it that Barb is so sick from her treatments is she going to try medical marijuana, two of the three friends of mine that are going threw this are.  They say it helps them thru it.

No plans for it now.  I'm not sure she'd be able to smoke anything at this point.  If someone offers the pills later,  I sure won't try to talk her out of it..  Her treatments are over as of today, so don't think we'll be able to justify it for that.  Her son tried to get her to do it while she was having chemo and it was so far against her grain, she never did.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,605
Points 117,925
Linny t replied on Tue, Jul 22 2014 11:19 AM

Stephanie:

Thank you Linny for the compliments on my work. 

Linny t:
Barb is suffering the effects of the radiation.  She's so tired all the time that she hardly can form sentences.  When she does, she hardly ever makes sense.  It's very hard seeing her like this.  The good news is that she's being transferred to a rehabilitation center tomorrow after her last radiation treatment.  They wouldn't take her until she finished her radiation.  She's looking forward to the change and having something as a goal.  They want to strengthen her legs, especially, and get at least some stamina back.  Right now it wears her out to move from bed to chair.  It's a nice place and it's close to her daughter.  I'm hoping the change of scenery along with more activity makes her happier.

I'm so sorry Barb is suffering. I hope the move goes well for her. It'll be nice for her to be closer to where her daughter lives. Is it farther away from you?

I know you must be exhausted from working all day and going to the hospital every night. I hope your leg heals quickly. I'm looking forward to seeing your work on Robin's block...   

Thanks Stephanie.  I am exhausted, but I rest when I can.  This, like you said once, is the last and most precious gift I will be able to give to her.  I really don't mind it.  The rehab is a little further from me, but not bad.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,693
Points 141,563
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jul 22 2014 11:22 AM

Diane:
What I meant was that I will put my block with the other one I did in another group.  I plan to put the sea blocks together---the 3.

I had forgotten you made three blocks for your sea wall hanging. It's going to be beautiful. 

Your block is on it's way back home.......I'm guessing Friday or Saturday. It seems priority mail from here to there isn't quite a priority. 2-3 days is usually 4. 

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 403
Points 6,980
lilliepad replied on Tue, Jul 22 2014 6:17 PM

Linny t:

Linny-I'm so sorry to read this about Barb. It must be so frustrating for her and for you. I'm hoping this rehabilitation area will be just the thing to have her perk up. My thoughts and prayers are always with you.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,185
Points 69,215
Robin replied on Wed, Jul 23 2014 4:48 AM

Linny t:

Robin:
Linny,  I'm sure your days are long and hard right now.   Please know our thoughts and prayers are with you.
 Thanks, Robin.  I hope you are all having fun in St. Augustine.  I've been there several times and never tire of the place.

The days seem like a blur to me.  Most days I go from bed to work to hospital to home to bed.  I've managed to carve out time to work on your block, though.  I would have finished it yesterday except I hurt my leg pretty badly while mowing the lawn.  I had a hard time getting it to stop bleeding and had to lay down with my leg raised above my chest most of the evening yesterday.  I am very close to finishing your block, though.  I keep having these bright ideas that I can't live without doing.  I'm sorry it's taking so long.   

Linny,

I'm not worried about the block take as long as you like but please take care of yourself.  That cut sounds really bad, like you may have needed some stitches.  Don't put off taking care of yourself for others, that won't help anyone.

I'm sorry to hear that Barb is in such bad shape, but maybe a change of pace will be good for her.  There so good at rehab at keeping you busy and on a schedule.  I hope she is not to far from you.

Robin

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 403
Points 6,980
lilliepad replied on Wed, Jul 23 2014 6:56 AM

Diane-this block is beautiful. It just made me smile when I saw it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,605
Points 117,925
Linny t replied on Wed, Jul 23 2014 2:31 PM

Robin:

Linny,

I'm not worried about the block take as long as you like but please take care of yourself.  That cut sounds really bad, like you may have needed some stitches.  Don't put off taking care of yourself for others, that won't help anyone.

I'm sorry to hear that Barb is in such bad shape, but maybe a change of pace will be good for her.  There so good at rehab at keeping you busy and on a schedule.  I hope she is not to far from you.

Thanks, Robin.  I have just a tiny area that is still empty.  I must fill it, lol.  I am doing my best to take care of myself.  Honestly I'm surprised I haven't come down with something already after all the time I've spent in the hospital.  I've heard it said that if you want to get sick, the hospital's the best place.  I try to sleep when I'm sleepy, but sometimes I can't.  Barb's in the rehab center as of yesterday.  It's a little further for me to drive, but not bad...about halfway between me and her daughter, so it's fair.  It's just temporary until after her rehab.  We'll have to see who she is then before deciding, but I've told her daughter we should start looking for a nursing home.  This place would take her, but I'm not fond of it and I think we can do better...I hope we can do better...  It's not horrible, just dreary and the staff is fairly odd, so far.  There are lots of really old ladies there.  I'm talking 90+.  A few are over 100.  One is 108 and she looks better than most 80 year olds I've seen.  Some of them are so cute and friendly.  The one's who could be "set loose" in wheel chairs all came to visit Barb.  They are the lights in the place.  She's having physical, speech and occupational therapies.  The OC lady called today just for info.  She said that today Barb didn't know her name or birth date today.  She's known it every day for the last week in the hospital.  I'm not sure, but thought maybe she wasn't sure the lady needed to know, lol.  She may just be going through some adjustment.  I'm sure everything is really confusing to her.  We'll see.  It's a journey.  It's not going to be the favorite journey of my life.  I'm quite sure of that.  Still, there's nothing else I want to do more.  After all, she's my Barbie.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,185
Points 69,215
Robin replied on Thu, Jul 24 2014 5:14 AM

lilliepad:

Robin:

Diane, Jo, and Lillie hope you got my friend request.  Somehow missed doing them sooner. 

Hi Robin,

I responded to your request a few days ago. Now I'm wondering if your received it.

Lillie

Yep I got it.  Sent you a message!

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,185
Points 69,215
Robin replied on Thu, Jul 24 2014 5:20 AM

Linny t:

Robin:

Linny,

Thanks, Robin.  I have just a tiny area that is still empty.  I must fill it, lol.  I am doing my best to take care of myself.  Honestly I'm surprised I haven't come down with something already after all the time I've spent in the hospital.  I've heard it said that if you want to get sick, the hospital's the best place.  I try to sleep when I'm sleepy, but sometimes I can't.  Barb's in the rehab center as of yesterday.  It's a little further for me to drive, but not bad...about halfway between me and her daughter, so it's fair.  It's just temporary until after her rehab.  We'll have to see who she is then before deciding, but I've told her daughter we should start looking for a nursing home.  This place would take her, but I'm not fond of it and I think we can do better...I hope we can do better...  It's not horrible, just dreary and the staff is fairly odd, so far.  There are lots of really old ladies there.  I'm talking 90+.  A few are over 100.  One is 108 and she looks better than most 80 year olds I've seen.  Some of them are so cute and friendly.  The one's who could be "set loose" in wheel chairs all came to visit Barb.  They are the lights in the place.  She's having physical, speech and occupational therapies.  The OC lady called today just for info.  She said that today Barb didn't know her name or birth date today.  She's known it every day for the last week in the hospital.  I'm not sure, but thought maybe she wasn't sure the lady needed to know, lol.  She may just be going through some adjustment.  I'm sure everything is really confusing to her.  We'll see.  It's a journey.  It's not going to be the favorite journey of my life.  I'm quite sure of that.  Still, there's nothing else I want to do more.  After all, she's my Barbie.

Linny,

May the Lord bless you, Barb and the whole family with His never ending peace and strength.  It is in our weakness that He is strong.  May He allow you to rest when time is provided for doing so and may He raise you up and energize you in times of need.  May Barb be at peace, may she be filled with His grace and have a life of dignity for all her days.   May these words comfort you.   I wish I could give you a great big hug.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,185
Points 69,215
Robin replied on Thu, Jul 24 2014 6:19 AM

Good Morning,

The summer is rapidly ending and school is beginning to call.  My room is still not completed so I can work at cleaning and setting up, not can the tech guy.   I'm also not done with curriculum maps or the chapter raffle quilt.   I think I'm panicking a little this morning.   I know that it will all come together. 

I hope that all  of you are well and having some summer fun!

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,605
Points 117,925
Linny t replied on Thu, Jul 24 2014 10:50 AM

Robin:

Linny,

May the Lord bless you, Barb and the whole family with His never ending peace and strength.  It is in our weakness that He is strong.  May He allow you to rest when time is provided for doing so and may He raise you up and energize you in times of need.  May Barb be at peace, may she be filled with His grace and have a life of dignity for all her days.   May these words comfort you.   I wish I could give you a great big hug.

Robin

Robin, thank you for this prayer.  To me it was like a great big hug.  I think you are the sweetest person I know.  God Bless you.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,605
Points 117,925
Linny t replied on Thu, Jul 24 2014 10:54 AM

Robin:

Good Morning,

The summer is rapidly ending and school is beginning to call.  My room is still not completed so I can work at cleaning and setting up, not can the tech guy.   I'm also not done with curriculum maps or the chapter raffle quilt.   I think I'm panicking a little this morning.   I know that it will all come together. 

I hope that all  of you are well and having some summer fun!

Robin

To me it seems you haven't even started your summer yet.  How can they call it a vacation when you have so much school stuff to do?  

Linny T

Page 194 of 310 (4642 items) «Prev192193194195196Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.