rated by 0 users
This post has 4,639 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,212
Points 44,195
Diane replied on Fri, Jul 18 2014 11:17 AM

Hi All

Robin---hope your Mom is feeling better.

Linny---how is Barb progressing?

Stephanie--I hope everything is going well with you.

My back is feeling better.  Still on the heating pad and pain meds.  Yesterday I was on the phone all morning being upset. lol  I took a pill and went to bed.  Had a good nap and woke up with no back pain.  Just to show you how stress affects the body.  It has started up again but not so bad.  Today I;m going to work on Linny's block again.  I want to do what I need to to to make it beautiful.  I am so impressed with all the gorgeous work you ladies have done.  I hope I can match it.  I am doing summer.  When I'm finished I would like to post pics of all of our work----or do you want to be surprised Linny?  It is gorgeous!!!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,693
Points 141,563
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jul 18 2014 4:26 PM

Robin,

How awesome of the mom to provide shelter and training for just the cost of food! I hope you all have a great time!

Robin:
Stephanie,  I love this website.   Can't wait to have more time to explore it.

I'm so happy you love it. When I was new on QCA, Kris had linked us to Bonnie's site. I've since seen her on an episode of The Quilt Show, and in magazines. She really is amazing, organized and does the prettiest scrappies I've ever seen. She has a system, and very little of her scraps go to waste. She cuts them when she's making a quilt and stores them by size. She uses everything quiltable. Clothing, cottons, etc. I've been so impressed by her and happy to share her site.

Happy Friday to you, and a great weekend!!! 

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,693
Points 141,563
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jul 18 2014 4:43 PM

Diane:
Stephanie--I hope everything is going well with you.

It's been grueling this week between working and getting paperwork ready for this audit. It was supposed to be the 17th, and she changed it. Thank God! I didn't realize how far behind I was, and had packed important papers in boxes when company came and stacked them in a closet. Of course, I was hoping to get back to them after company left, an didn't!  I've spent my regular days on the job, and the others were marathon long days sifting thru boxes, and logging everything I need onto my computer so I can print reports. On the good side, I managed to purge and shred about a lawn size trash bag of old papers. On the bad side I wasn't able to finish your block as I had intended. I just got into a panic. I will, I will, I will, be finishing it this weekend, and I apologize that I told you I'd have it finished Tuesday and didn't make it.

I only have one thing left to do on it, and it's only going to take a few hours. Tomorrow morning when I wake up it's the first thing I'm doing.  

I didn't get the handles done for my customer yet either. I imagine I'm going to be facing some flack when I take them back next week. Can't wait.....

I'm so happy to read your back is feeling better. What were you upset about? Everything ok? Can't wait to see how you do summer on Linny's block....  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,212
Points 44,195
Diane replied on Sat, Jul 19 2014 12:21 PM

Stephanie:
What were you upset about? Everything ok?

I had run out of insulin pump supplies.  I had 3 days left. with the tubing.  They had taken me out of their system because I had a "senior moment" and ordered from a different company last time.  It took a few days and I called them back almost down to nothing.  They sent it to me over night but I was in a panic.  Also I was paying tag with the dental office to understand the price for the partial.  Finally we got it right---he's giving me a great deal.  Then I had to call my lawyer to get a check for it because I have a "special needs trust" which I have spent most on my teeth and last time she lectured me like my mother used to when I had to ask her for money during my time I was trying to get on disability. I actually started crying on the phone.  The lawyer was nice this time though and almost apologized.  Almost. I have an anxiety disorder already.

I already have an anxiety disorder.  My daughter is much worse than me.  At one time when she had changed to a better school, she would walk around looking like there was a cloud over her head like the peanuts character. with the dirt dust.  They finally put her on the meds she needed. 

But most of my days are quiet.  My friend is getting married very soon when her fiance comes back from Guatamala.   She want's me to be maid of honor--It will be a small wedding with a dinner at a restaurant.  The only dress I can wear is navy blue.  She is wearing a beautiful beaded 2 peace dress in sage.  She is wearing rhine stones in her hair.  It will be justice of the piece.  Also another friend is having a dinner of maybe  people downstairs in out lovely restaurant for her  80th birthday.  It should be fun.

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,693
Points 141,563
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jul 19 2014 2:07 PM

Diane,

Seems like everything can be so complicated these days. Having anxiety is horrible. I suffer from it too. Especially when there are things like this that happen that you have no control over and have to rely on others to get things done. I'm happy that you were able to get everything worked out.

That's so sweet that you are going to be your friends maid of honor. Navy blue will be so pretty against the sage of her wedding dress. You'll have to post a pic for us. The dinner sounds like fun too. Happy 80th birthday to her....

Hope you have a great Saturday as well...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,693
Points 141,563
Stephanie replied on Sun, Jul 20 2014 7:18 AM

Finished Diane's block: Everything starting at the long piece of lace into the upper left corner:

• Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 4,040
Jo1030 replied on Sun, Jul 20 2014 10:49 AM

Stephanie:
Finished Diane's block:

It is beautiful, Stephanie!  You do good work. I am sure it looks even better in person.  Hugs, Jo

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 403
Points 6,980
lilliepad replied on Sun, Jul 20 2014 10:59 AM

It's beautiful Stephanie. I know Diane will be so pleased with it.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,212
Points 44,195
Diane replied on Sun, Jul 20 2014 11:35 AM

Stephanie:

Finished Diane's block: Everything starting at the long piece of lace into the upper left corner:

This is breath taking!  I love the butterfly and the one in the lower corner.  It si so sweet.  I will be in love like I am with the sea block.  I will put the 2 together for a wall hanging---forget the pillows.  lol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,693
Points 141,563
Stephanie replied on Sun, Jul 20 2014 12:32 PM

Thank you Jo, Lillie, and Diane.

I forgot to mention, I made the layered butterfly at the top left corner on my embroidery machine. It's freestanding lace. It's layered so you can raise the wings on the upper (peach) butterfly and make it 3d.

Diane:
I will be in love like I am with the sea block.  I will put the 2 together for a wall hanging---forget the pillows.  lol

LOL. Too sweet. I can relate. I want to see all mine hanging right in front of me. They're so beautiful. I have the scissor keeps formed into hearts now. I'll post pic's of them later.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,603
Points 117,900
Linny t replied on Sun, Jul 20 2014 4:31 PM

Stephanie:

All I can say is WOW!  I love the lace butterfly.  It's perfect!  All your work is just beautiful.  Amazing, Stephanie!

All I can say is WOW! 

Stephanie:

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,184
Points 69,195
Robin replied on Mon, Jul 21 2014 6:32 AM

Good Morning From the East Coast of Florida, 

Yep I'm gone again!  Laurie had a conference in St. Augustine and didn't want to come along so me and Keeley join her.  I brought my work Key brought a book.  Planning on working some and playing some. 

Stephanie,  Your work is beautiful as always.  I would love to know more about the process you used to make the butterfly.

Linny,  I'm sure your days are long and hard right now.   Please know our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Diane,  a wedding and party how exciting. Make sure you take pictures.  Love the idea of a wall hanging.  

Diane, Jo, and Lillie hope you got my friend request.  Somehow missed doing them sooner. 

Have a great Monday. 

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 403
Points 6,980
lilliepad replied on Mon, Jul 21 2014 7:00 AM

Robin:

Diane, Jo, and Lillie hope you got my friend request.  Somehow missed doing them sooner. 

Hi Robin,

I responded to your request a few days ago. Now I'm wondering if your received it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,603
Points 117,900
Linny t replied on Mon, Jul 21 2014 10:39 AM

Robin:
Linny,  I'm sure your days are long and hard right now.   Please know our thoughts and prayers are with you.
 Thanks, Robin.  I hope you are all having fun in St. Augustine.  I've been there several times and never tire of the place.

Barb is suffering the effects of the radiation.  She's so tired all the time that she hardly can form sentences.  When she does, she hardly ever makes sense.  It's very hard seeing her like this.  The good news is that she's being transferred to a rehabilitation center tomorrow after her last radiation treatment.  They wouldn't take her until she finished her radiation.  She's looking forward to the change and having something as a goal.  They want to strengthen her legs, especially, and get at least some stamina back.  Right now it wears her out to move from bed to chair.  It's a nice place and it's close to her daughter.  I'm hoping the change of scenery along with more activity makes her happier.  

The days seem like a blur to me.  Most days I go from bed to work to hospital to home to bed.  I've managed to carve out time to work on your block, though.  I would have finished it yesterday except I hurt my leg pretty badly while mowing the lawn.  I had a hard time getting it to stop bleeding and had to lay down with my leg raised above my chest most of the evening yesterday.  I am very close to finishing your block, though.  I keep having these bright ideas that I can't live without doing.  I'm sorry it's taking so long.   

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,212
Points 44,195
Diane replied on Mon, Jul 21 2014 3:18 PM

Stephanie:
I will be in love like I am with the sea block.  I will put the 2 together for a wall hanging---forget the pillows.

What I meant was that I will put my block with the other one I did in another group.  I plan to put the sea blocks together---the 3.

Linny---sorry to hear that the treatment is making Barbara so sick.  It's hard to watch someone going through that.  I have often thought a patient would surly die because of how sick they were but they all puled through.  They were often so sick like Barbara, not able to make sense when they spoke.  I am praying for her.

You are going to have to take care of yourself somehow.  Get a massage.  Go to dinner with friends.  Do something relaxing for yourself.  I got sick with bronchitis doing what you are doing.  You have to take a day off every few days.  Take care.

Don't feel bad about the block.  Sorry to hear you had the lawn mower accident.  I hope you are feeling better with that.  I am still working on your block too.  I am in the middle,  almost  there.  I will be glad when I can put the final touches and be pleased with my work.  Prayers.

• Post Points: 35
Page 193 of 310 (4640 items) «Prev191192193194195Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.