This post has 2,942 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,118
Points 110,515
Linny t replied on Sun, Jun 22 2014 6:43 AM

Robin:

Good Morning Everyone,

Well, I'm packed and ready to load up for the trip to Miami for Culinary Training.  I guess it could be worst.   I really don't mind going except for the fact it's in Miami.  But last year it was a lot of fun once I got there and got into it.   I'll be in the background reading and will post when I can.  Our days in the classroom go from 8:00 to 4:00 and a couple of evenings.  Plus I'm taking those dang curriculum maps I need to write so I can get started on those.  

Have a great Sunday Day.

"This is the day the Lord has made we will rejoice and be glad in it."

Robin

Good luck in Miami, Robin.  Are you going by yourself?  That's a long ride from North Florida.  Miami is such a big city it scares me thinking of having to navigate.  I'm sure all the folks who go will do things together and that'll be fun, too. 

Every time I read that verse I think of David and all he went through.  I bet he had to tell himself this many times when he didn't really feel it just like us, lol.  I will rejoice and be glad in it!

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,118
Points 110,515
Linny t replied on Sun, Jun 22 2014 6:48 AM

lilliepad:

Oh thank you Linny. Yes, I do remember they were from Pinterest. 

Do we know how many are participating in the Christmas ornament exchange this year? I need to get a head start. lol

Darlene said she wanted to.  I will.  I don't think Robin has committed to it quite yet.  I don't know about Diane.  I will.  Stephanie can't with all her wedding and work stuff.  I was going to get the official head count in August.  You could always make extra and then if you don't need it here you could give it as a gift at Christmas or put it on your own tree. 

I'm happy to see that your spirits are so high on day 2 after your surgery.  Sometimes that's when discomfort sets in.  You seem to be doing really well with it.   

Linny T

• Post Points: 0
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,118
Points 110,515
Linny t replied on Sun, Jun 22 2014 6:53 AM

Stephanie:
It's been a long time since I had a kitten in the house. It was fun to reflect...
  I felt this, too.  Rosco looks like such a playful, delightful, fuzzy little creature.  I could imagine him scampering and tumbling about.  My daughter in NY has a pregnant cat.  It's a good thing she lives so far away or I'd have a kitten soon, lol.

Linny T

• Post Points: 0
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,118
Points 110,515
Linny t replied on Mon, Jun 23 2014 8:55 AM

Diane, have you sent Robin's block to me yet?

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 172
Points 3,260
lilliepad replied on Mon, Jun 23 2014 2:02 PM

I can't believe it. I'm almost finished with Stephanie's block. I was looking around for some inspiration on Sat when my muse hit me in the head. And it all came together so easily. Just putting on some finishing touches and hope to have it in the mail on Tues.

Will post pics and another message once it gets to the PO.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,062
Points 41,315
Diane replied on Mon, Jun 23 2014 2:34 PM

Linny t:
Diane, have you sent Robin's block to me yet?

Yes, I sent it by priority mail a couple  of days ago.  I posted it but maybe it didn't come through.  You may get it tomorrow.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 172
Points 3,260
lilliepad replied on Mon, Jun 23 2014 5:28 PM

Here is my work on Stephanie's block. It will go in the mail on Tues. I hope you like it. It came together so easily. 

• Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,993
Points 64,400
Robin replied on Mon, Jun 23 2014 6:24 PM

lilliepad:

Here is my work on Stephanie's block. It will go in the mail on Tues. I hope you like it. It came together so easily. 

Lillie, 

That's terrific.   I love it 

Robin 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,993
Points 64,400
Robin replied on Mon, Jun 23 2014 6:24 PM

lilliepad:

Lillie, 

That's terrific.   I love it 

Robin 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,118
Points 110,515
Linny t replied on Mon, Jun 23 2014 7:12 PM

lilliepad:

Lillie!  This is just so cool!  I love it!  What a clever girl your muse is!

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,993
Points 64,400
Robin replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 4:36 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

sorry about the double post. I'm working off of my phone and it's hard to tell when things post.  

I arrived safely in Miami. Yesterday was a long day and I'm guessing today will be too. But it's been fun seeing people from last year and learning new stuff.  

I hope you all have a great day!

Robin

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,493
Points 138,373
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 5:19 AM

lilliepad:

Lillie,

Oh my gosh! How cool is this!!!!! I love it. It's so artistic. Love the theme of the dressmakers stand, the tiny mirror and all the details. It's cheerful to me, and has a bit of whimsy... Thank you so much... 

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,493
Points 138,373
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 6:41 AM

Robin:
I arrived safely in Miami. Yesterday was a long day and I'm guessing today will be too. But it's been fun seeing people from last year and learning new stuff.

Happy that you made it there safely, and are enjoying yourself. Hope you have a great time.....

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 172
Points 3,260
lilliepad replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 8:30 AM

I saw something similar to this a few months ago and I guess it stuck in my mind. When I saw the sewing machine and scissor fabric on your block, I immediately thought of this dressmaker form. I'm glad you like it.

Robin-good to hear that you arrived safely in Miami. Hope you have a wonderful conference.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,118
Points 110,515
Linny t replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 10:12 AM

Robin, glad to hear you made it to Miami safely and that you're having fun.  Hope you have a great day, too!

Linny T

Page 180 of 197 (2943 items) «Prev178179180181182Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use