My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 4,286 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 404
Points 28,065

Lillie, good to hear from you.

Sorry to hear that you did not sleep well last night.  I have found that the night of surgery I tend not to sleep well and my doctor told me after the last surgery that it was because I slept so much during the day.  Not sure if this is a valid reason but it does make some sense.  A healthy body can only sleep so much and then it is ready to go again.

Someone posted [not sure who] and I will just be a bug and remind you:  6 weeks means 6 weeks.  Rest and recover.  Your body will need to make a lot of adjustments to your surgery.  Give it time and don't push things.  Don't push yourself.

Glad you feel better after eating.  Food is a definite good thing. 

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 404
Points 28,065
Darlene replied on Sat, Jun 21 2014 10:04 AM

Went to the Friday market yesterday and everyone was very positive.  The president of the board of directors welcomed me and gave me all the papers I need to complete before I can attend.

There was one small glitch which I am hoping will be resolved before next Friday.  They want a $1,000,000 insurance binder made out to the property owner where the market is.  I told the president that I have never had to provide this and hope that they will accept the "Hold Harmless" disclaimer that I have always used at any event I have participated in.  Because our city accepts this, I am hoping it will not be a problem at this market.

Tim suggested I talk to our insurance agent and so I went to their office yesterday afternoon.  Our agent told me that our home owner's insurance would cover me but we are not insured for $1,000,000.  There is a zero missing. 

I have three options:

• get them to accept the Hold Harmless papers
  • see if they will accept $500,000 binder
  • forget about doing this market

I am going to talk to them on Tuesday and see what they tell me. 

I am really hoping that the Hold Harmless works.  It is so much easier.  Basically states that I do not hold them responsible for any damage to my property or merchandise and that in the event of injury or loss, I will not sue.  Our insurance agent has told me that I would be covered either thru my home owners or car insurance if something should happen.

Trusting that this obstacle will not stop this for me but if it does, then I was not intended to do it now.

Off to the dungeon to finish patriotic treat bags so that I can take them to the consignment shop.

Hope everyone is having a great day and that creativity is flowing abundantly. 

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 136
Points 3,440
Jo1030 replied on Sat, Jun 21 2014 10:14 AM

lilliepad:
I did not sleep worth a darn last night.

Lillie, I can usually sleep anytime, except when I am sick, then I can't sleep for some reason.  Glad you are home.

Someone asked what color Rosco's eyes were..... they are sort of grey/green, still turning, I think they will be green.  That should be pretty.  I don't know why his hair looks brown on the tips.  Maybe just kitten hair.  I am going to give him a bath one of these days; that should be fun. lol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,492
Points 116,025
Linny t replied on Sat, Jun 21 2014 4:06 PM

Diane:

Linny t:
That's really good news, Diane.  What a relief, right?

It's great news!!  I just was concerned that the test at the doctor's office was different from lab.  I'm going to talk with the nurse about it so they can check the machine.

I still have not gotten your block Linny.  I called the post office and no one answered so I'll call again or go over there.  It's probably sitting over there.  This happened with some beads that I ordered.  It showed it was delivered and I didn't get them for a month.  I'll be on it!

Maybe Stephanie could have it tracked down from her end since she has the number and all.  Hope you find it.  By the way, have you sent Robin's block to me yet?  If you said you did somewhere in here, I missed it.

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,492
Points 116,025
Linny t replied on Sat, Jun 21 2014 4:26 PM

lilliepad:

Linny-can you please resend the link for the Christmas ornaments that you sent out last year? I can't find it any longer.

Which one, Lillie?  Do you remember what it had on it?  I found a bunch and didn't bookmark them.  I'd have to go back through the posts to find it.  Most of them were from Pinterest that I found just by searching for Crazy Quilt Christmas Ornaments, if I remember right.  I just searched again and found all these pics.  http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0LEV0IRBaZTbEcAMRxXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTBxaG1pZWIxBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkAzQxMV8x?_adv_prop=image&fr=mcafee&va=Crazy+Quilt+Christmas+Ornaments

Sorry about the long address.  I couldn't get the link button to work for some reason.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,492
Points 116,025
Linny t replied on Sat, Jun 21 2014 4:28 PM

Darlene, lawyers always complicate an otherwise simple matter, don't they?  Hope they take the Hold Harmless statement.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,176
Points 43,490
Diane replied on Sat, Jun 21 2014 5:57 PM

I got Linny's block today---such beautiful work ladies.  As Lillie says, the pictures do do it justice.

I'll be working on the "summer" part.  I am formulating my ideas!

Have a good night everyone.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,492
Points 116,025
Linny t replied on Sat, Jun 21 2014 6:47 PM

Diane:

I got Linny's block today---such beautiful work ladies.  As Lillie says, the pictures do do it justice.

I'll be working on the "summer" part.  I am formulating my ideas!

Have a good night everyone.

Yay!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,152
Points 68,415
Robin replied on Sun, Jun 22 2014 3:52 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Well, I'm packed and ready to load up for the trip to Miami for Culinary Training.  I guess it could be worst.   I really don't mind going except for the fact it's in Miami.  But last year it was a lot of fun once I got there and got into it.   I'll be in the background reading and will post when I can.  Our days in the classroom go from 8:00 to 4:00 and a couple of evenings.  Plus I'm taking those dang curriculum maps I need to write so I can get started on those.  

Have a great Sunday Day.

"This is the day the Lord has made we will rejoice and be glad in it."

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,648
Points 140,798
Stephanie replied on Sun, Jun 22 2014 5:37 AM

Robin,

Hope you have a safe and fun time in Miami. Sounds like they plan a full schedule for you, and you plan to make the most of working on your curriculum maps in your down time. How fun it must have been to see Laurie in the beautiful bridal gowns. 

You had asked me about the heat in an earlier post. It's hot for sure. Crazy thing is we've been doing mostly inside work, but the last two jobs had something  wrong with the a/c and the third place was having doors replaced. Not sure which is worse. Being outside and having a slight breeze, or inside with the stuffiness. Nature of the beast in this business. One day it will all be over....Until then, it keeps me strong I guess

Robin:

Have a great Sunday Day.

"This is the day the Lord has made we will rejoice and be glad in it."

Yesiree. You have a great Sunday as well. Thank you for the reminder. I too often get caught up in a day, and forget to say thank you and realize that God laid out all the elements of beauty in a day. It's our perception that changes. The beauty is still there. :0) 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,648
Points 140,798
Stephanie replied on Sun, Jun 22 2014 5:53 AM

Darlene :
There was one small glitch which I am hoping will be resolved before next Friday.  They want a $1,000,000 insurance binder made out to the property owner where the market is.  I told the president that I have never had to provide this and hope that they will accept the "Hold Harmless" disclaimer that I have always used at any event I have participated in.  Because our city accepts this, I am hoping it will not be a problem at this market.

I hope you can get around this as well. I run into this in Condo's. The law says I have to have $300,000.  Builders and condo's want $2,000,000. And then  a rider for the individual owner that costs me an extra $54.00 per policy. I had to go in to do a touch up on someone's faux recently. I had to charge her $108.00 for Liability and workers comp riders before I even walked in the door. I guess if they pass the costs onto us, it keeps their premiums down. The binder to the property owner is for damage you might do. Say,for instance your tent blew apart. damaged vehicles, or injured someone. It helps cover him from being sued.  Makes it hard to be a small business person.

Hope you have lots of fun doing the patriotic projects today.... 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,648
Points 140,798
Stephanie replied on Sun, Jun 22 2014 5:59 AM

Lillie,

Hope you are doing much better this morning. And got some good sleep. Sounds pretty major. I hope they haven't missed anything.

lilliepad:
I already have some ideas floating around my head. Or maybe that's just the affects of the pain meds. lol

You haven't let it affect your sense of humor. LOL

The leg compression devices sound wonderful . I want some of those. LOL.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,648
Points 140,798
Stephanie replied on Sun, Jun 22 2014 6:03 AM

Jo1030:
I let Rosco into the living room this morning and he had so much fun running around checking everything out; then he would run as fast as he could back to the kitchen. It seemed like he was checking to see if he could go back to where he was familiar with.  It didn't take him long to find the basket with the cat toys and get a little bird to play with.  Yesterday he was playing with a milk ring and was over a register and seemed like he was trying to put it down one of the holes....sure enough he did it and was standing looking down the register.  We have lots of milk rings because Sammy plays fetch with them; brings them right up on our laps and we throw them for him.  He did that a couple of nights ago, so that is a good sign that he is getting more relaxed

Made me smile to read about Rosco's antics. Sounds like Sammy is starting to come around. They'll be best buds in no time. Thanks for sharing. It's been a long time since I had a kitten in the house. It was fun to reflect...

Hope you have a happy weekend as well.... 

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 346
Points 6,140
lilliepad replied on Sun, Jun 22 2014 6:23 AM

Oh thank you Linny. Yes, I do remember they were from Pinterest. 

Do we know how many are participating in the Christmas ornament exchange this year? I need to get a head start. lol

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 346
Points 6,140
lilliepad replied on Sun, Jun 22 2014 6:25 AM

Robin, have a safe trip. I do hope you'll have a good time.

Page 179 of 286 (4287 items) «Prev177178179180181Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use