My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 4,597 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,210
Points 44,185
Diane replied on Fri, Jun 20 2014 2:37 PM

Well, I got the results back----no infection!!!  woopi!  I don't know if I even had one.  The tester in the office said I had a bad infection.  I took the Cipro and went back to get a test and it showed it got worse.  They took the same urine and sent  it to the lab and it's negative.  I left a message for the doctor to check out the machine in the office.  I am feeling better today.  Thanks for all of your concern but I think I'm OK now.

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,586
Points 117,635
Linny t replied on Fri, Jun 20 2014 5:50 PM

That's really good news, Diane.  What a relief, right?

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 430
Points 28,600

Jo, Rosco is adorable.  Hope he settles into a routine with you.  How is Sammy doing?

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 430
Points 28,600

Diane, what wonderful news.  So glad that you are feeling better today and hope that it continues to improve

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,183
Points 69,160
Robin replied on Sat, Jun 21 2014 3:38 AM

Good Morning All,

Got my up an at'em pants on.   I leave tomorrow for a week in Miami for Culinary Training at Johnson and Wales and I still haven't put together the graduation quilt I'm working on.  So I want to make progress today.  Yesterday was round two of wedding dress shopping.  The front runner I think is a white gown covered in soft lace with appliques on top of that.  They all have a sweetheart neckline and anyone of the top three would look beautiful on her.

Diane, Wahooo!  Finally some good news about your condition.  Cipro my itself can make you feel bad.   So sorry that you  had to go through all of that.  Glad you are feeling better.

Darlene,   Looks like this is going to be a great summer for you at the market.

Lillie,  I hope things went well and that you are feeling better soon.

Jo,  Roscoe is adorable.   I love kittens and looking at Roscoe made me want to run out at get one.   We have two adult cats who tolerate one another but don't really like each other, so I doubt a kitten would be ok.   Plus there is my daughter's yorkie "molly" who I will probably inherit after the wedding next year.   I'm really trying not to simply because Donn is not real happy with the dog, but we'll see.  I actually will miss the little thing terribly and so would he if he was honest.  

Linny,  Stephanie's block should arrive today.

Stephanie,   How are you holding up in this heat.  I know it"s warm on my end of the state so I can only imagine how hot it is down there and the sad thing is it is only June.

Have a happy Saturday everyone.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,586
Points 117,635
Linny t replied on Sat, Jun 21 2014 6:20 AM

Robin:

Linny,  Stephanie's block should arrive today.

I've already worked on Stephanie's block.  You mean Lillie, right?

Wedding dress shopping is dreamy, isn't it?  Seeing the perfect dress on our little girls is a magical moment. 

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 393
Points 6,795
lilliepad replied on Sat, Jun 21 2014 6:22 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I survived surgery. It took longer than originally expected as they removed the entire thyroid and on lymph node. Biopsy again came back inconclusive, so they sent it to another "high tech" (read that as additional cost to me) lab. Doc said the one node had the same characteristics as the thyroid and he decided to remove it as well. Better safe than sorry.

My neck is completely bruised. I can hardly wait to see what it looks like in a week. lol  

Didn't get the mail yesterday as I was down and out from the surgery. I checked the mail this morning and Stephanie's block was waiting for me. It's so much more beautiful in person. I already have some ideas floating around my head. Or maybe that's just the affects of the pain meds. lol

I did not sleep worth a darn last night. No pain and not much discomfort either. A little nausea. Hoping I can take a nap soon and sleep for a few hours.

I was wearing some compression legs devices yesterday. They were wonderful. Gave you a massage from your heel to just below the knee. I was bummed when they took them off when I was able to get up and go to the bathroom on my own.

Might just be nappie time for me. More later.

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 393
Points 6,795
lilliepad replied on Sat, Jun 21 2014 6:25 AM

Jo, Rosco is so cute. Gotta love little kittens and puppy dawgs.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 393
Points 6,795
lilliepad replied on Sat, Jun 21 2014 6:28 AM

Diane, that's wonderful news and glad to hear that you are feeling better today as well. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,586
Points 117,635
Linny t replied on Sat, Jun 21 2014 7:20 AM

Lillie, so glad that's over for you.  I hope they don't find anything at all in the second test.  It's great that you didn't have any pain or discomfort last night.  Think of it as a little vacation from housework.  I realize it's a big price to pay to get a vacation.  I'm sure you'd rather do the housework.  When I had my lobectomy they closed it up with staples and I looked like someone who had been to visit Dr. Frankenstein, lol.  It was the big joke that I knew what it was like to have my throat slit, lol.  Praying for a speedy recovery for you.  

Linny T

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 155
Points 3,955
Jo1030 replied on Sat, Jun 21 2014 7:27 AM

Darlene :
How is Sammy doing?

Sammy is still not happy, but he is better than he was......he doesn't start hissing the minute he steps in the door. It will take time.  I let Rosco into the living room this morning and he had so much fun running around checking everything out; then he would run as fast as he could back to the kitchen. It seemed like he was checking to see if he could go back to where he was familiar with.  It didn't take him long to find the basket with the cat toys and get a little bird to play with.  Yesterday he was playing with a milk ring and was over a register and seemed like he was trying to put it down one of the holes....sure enough he did it and was standing looking down the register.  We have lots of milk rings because Sammy plays fetch with them; brings them right up on our laps and we throw them for him.  He did that a couple of nights ago, so that is a good sign that he is getting more relaxed

Not much else going on here.  I hope you all have a happy weekend.     Hugs, Jo

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 393
Points 6,795
lilliepad replied on Sat, Jun 21 2014 9:05 AM

OHGosh Linny, staples on your neck!!!  Yikes.  lol

Thank you everyone for your well wishes. I wasn't able to take a nap so far this morning. But DH made me a spot of breakfast and I feel so much better.

Linny-can you please resend the link for the Christmas ornaments that you sent out last year? I can't find it any longer.

I just looked over at my DH and he is sleeping on the couch.  lol

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,210
Points 44,185
Diane replied on Sat, Jun 21 2014 9:11 AM

Linny t:
That's really good news, Diane.  What a relief, right?

It's great news!!  I just was concerned that the test at the doctor's office was different from lab.  I'm going to talk with the nurse about it so they can check the machine.

I still have not gotten your block Linny.  I called the post office and no one answered so I'll call again or go over there.  It's probably sitting over there.  This happened with some beads that I ordered.  It showed it was delivered and I didn't get them for a month.  I'll be on it!

'

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,210
Points 44,185
Diane replied on Sat, Jun 21 2014 9:15 AM

Jo--since you brought a kitten in, your older cat should adjust.  They may even become friends. I've seen that happen.  I hope so.

Lillie---glad to hear everything went well and there is little pain.  Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,183
Points 69,160
Robin replied on Sat, Jun 21 2014 9:30 AM

Oops Linny,  I did mean Lillie,

Lillie,  Glad you are out of surgery.   I hope the second test (ie your money) comes back clear.

Robin

Page 178 of 307 (4598 items) «Prev176177178179180Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.