rated by 0 users
This post has 3,333 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,039
Points 65,585
Robin replied on Sat, Jun 14 2014 6:16 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Saturday to you all.   I'm at the stage of the year that if I don't post the day of the week, I forget what day it is.  

Yesterday was a busy but productive day in my world.  Thanks to my daughters I got a lot of trash cleaned out of the yard.   It looks so much better.   Then after a nap because we were all three worn out Donn took us out to dinner.   After dinner we strolled over to Micheals and they were having a 50 to 60 percent off on stuff that was like metal lanterns and bird cages things that Laurie had look at for her garden or shabby chic theme wedding.   So we picked up some for the table decorations.  So we are off to a start.  

Today we are going to look at a shop in Thomasville to see if it has any wedding dresses see might want to try on and to do a little shopping in Tallahassee.

I'm up earlier than them hoping to get some of what I need to do on the scrappy today done before we go on our adventure.

Jo,     I love the name Roscoe.   So sweet.

Linny, Is today the day of the celebration for Barb?

Lillie,  I will be mailing Stephanie's block the first part of the week.

Diane,  I hope that you are feeling better.

Have a great day everyone.   

Let the wedding madness begin!

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,970
Linny t replied on Sat, Jun 14 2014 8:16 AM

Robin:

Linny, Is today the day of the celebration for Barb?

It is.  We're going to Hobby Lobby.  I'm waiting for her to pull in the driveway any minute, so this'll be short.  When I talked to her this morning she sounded so happy and light, joking about stupid dreams and talking about what she wanted at HL.  I'm looking forward to spending the day with her.

I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.  I'll be posting a pic of Lillie's block this weekend... probably tomorrow.  It'll go in the mail on Monday.  I'm so excited to see everyone's work.  I can hardly wait!

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,104
Points 42,065
Diane replied on Sat, Jun 14 2014 2:45 PM

Jo--congrats on the new kitten---sounds really pretty.  Post a pic if you can.   Sorry to hear about George having to have surgery.  The deer thing is so cool!

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,104
Points 42,065
Diane replied on Sat, Jun 14 2014 2:52 PM

Sounds like a great day Linny.  Have a wonderful time.

Robin---the wedding madness is kind of fun isn't it and so nice that you are there for your daughter with all your experience to help her.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jun 14 2014 5:21 PM

Jo,

That's so neat about the baby deer being right outside. They bolt quickly to any noise or movement don't they? I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back.

Oh, and you have a new baby Rosco. That's a cute name. He sounds really sweet. I hope he'll be a snuggler. Otis has always drank a lot of water. Milk too for that matter. I had him checked for diabetes, and there was no sign. Just thirsty I guess..

I'm happy to hear that you don't have to have surgery, but sad that George may have to. Sending some prayers your way....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jun 14 2014 5:29 PM

Robin:

Yesterday was a busy but productive day in my world.  Thanks to my daughters I got a lot of trash cleaned out of the yard.   It looks so much better.   Then after a nap because we were all three worn out Donn took us out to dinner.   After dinner we strolled over to Micheals and they were having a 50 to 60 percent off on stuff that was like metal lanterns and bird cages things that Laurie had look at for her garden or shabby chic theme wedding.   So we picked up some for the table decorations.  So we are off to a start.  

Today we are going to look at a shop in Thomasville to see if it has any wedding dresses see might want to try on and to do a little shopping in Tallahassee.

I'm up earlier than them hoping to get some of what I need to do on the scrappy today done before we go on our adventure.

That's a neat theme for Laurie's wedding. And how sweet of them to pitch in and help with the yard work. And Donn came to rescue all his girls by taking you all out to dinner. What a sweetheart. Hope you got some great ideas for a dress as well. Paul's fiance was so cute shopping for hers. I know you all will have so much fun.

Hope you have a great time today... 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jun 14 2014 5:31 PM

Linny t:
When I talked to her this morning she sounded so happy and light, joking about stupid dreams and talking about what she wanted at HL.  I'm looking forward to spending the day with her.

You must be ecstatic at the happy mood. Hope you too have a great time today.

Look forward to seeing what you've done on Lillie's block...

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,970
Linny t replied on Sat, Jun 14 2014 8:14 PM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
When I talked to her this morning she sounded so happy and light, joking about stupid dreams and talking about what she wanted at HL.  I'm looking forward to spending the day with her.

You must be ecstatic at the happy mood. Hope you too have a great time today.

Look forward to seeing what you've done on Lillie's block...

We had a great time and it was nice to see her up for a change.  We went to Red Lobster for lunch and she ate like a little piggy, lol.  Nice to see that appetite again.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,039
Points 65,585
Robin replied on Sun, Jun 15 2014 5:14 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Sunday!   Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there.

Well wedding dress shopping was very interesting yesterday.  First we got very lost and certainly on a road that was not built for the car we were in.  However,  we did eventually find the place that we were looking for and Laurie found several dresses that interested her.   We are planning on going to another shop on Friday.   Then we will go back with the groom's mother and she'll try on the ones she is particularly fond of and she'll make up her mind.   We didn't want to drag the groom's mother all of the place shopping so we decided to check a few places out before we brought her along.   Also yesterday afternoon when Laurie got home I made her sit down with her ideas find pictures (most of which she had on pinterest)  pull off the things she knew she wanted or already had and then print them and glue them to a poster board so she could begin to visual how she wanted things to look.   So I could get her to sit down and start making a list of the things we needed and needed to do. 

Linny,   How wonderful that you and Barb had such a great day.  And I can only imagine the joy of watching her eat like a little piggy.   I'm sure the clear scan has made her fill like a weight has been lifted off her.

Lillie,  I've changed my mind about Stephanie's block.  I'm going to do a little more to it before I send it your way.   So it will be the end of the week before I mail it.  Sorry :(

Diane,  I hope your feeling better and getting stronger.   A UTI will make you feel terrible but the medication is a little rough the first day or two.

Have a great day,

Robin

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 217
Points 4,025
lilliepad replied on Sun, Jun 15 2014 6:24 AM

Robin:

Lillie,  I've changed my mind about Stephanie's block.  I'm going to do a little more to it before I send it your way.   So it will be the end of the week before I mail it.  Sorry :(

No worries about getting the block to me. I'm still working on Diane's. I FINALLY finished the hard part and am pleased with the way it turned out. It wasn't that it was difficult to sew, it's more that I was not pleased with the look. So had to unsew it. Now I'm on to embellishing the rest of it. I'm hoping to have it in the mail by Sat. June 21.

I am swamped all day Tues. I have a conference on Wed/Thurs all day. Then surgery on Fri. If all goes well, I'll be up and about with no problems on Sat.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,970
Linny t replied on Sun, Jun 15 2014 10:48 AM

Well, I'm as done as I can be.  I filled in your butterfly, Lillie.  It was fun.  I added the heart button bit below it.  I did the 3 seams on the fan and the trim above it, the butterfly and bead flowers on the left and the little firefly motif in the blue/pink area below it (that was inspired by Juliette and Kevin).  I loved your fabrics, Lillie.  The block is really full already, so I had to leave Robin some room to work.  As usual, it's much prettier in person.  Many of the details just don't show up in the pic.  I still have to write in your journal and pack it all up.  I'll be sending it off to Diane tomorrow.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,104
Points 42,065
Diane replied on Sun, Jun 15 2014 11:26 AM

Lovely work Linny.  Lillie's block is full of beautiful embroidery.  I am still working on Robin's block.  Another extensive job.  LOL  Will have it ready to send soon Linny.

Glad to hear you and Barbara had a wonderful day.  Just getting those great blood work results gave her hungry!!!  So nice when we are stress free for awhile.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 330
Points 26,945

Linny t:
she ate like a little piggy

Linny, so glad to hear!

Linny t:
Nice to see that appetite again.

Isn't it a joy to see that.  I cherish such moments whenever they occur.

With God's blessings, these lunches and shopping trips will continue and happen frequently. 

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 330
Points 26,945

Well, I have had my Sunday afternoon nap in the recliner and am well rested.  Recovered from the wedding. 

It was a beautiful ceremony and everything went well.  A single friend of mine asked to ride with me because she prefers not to drive long distance.  I agreed because Tim wasn't going and I didn't want to go alone.  It would have been just over an hour ride on the Thruway but she prefers not to travel on highways.  I was running late because I decided to finish the top of my scrappy Batik Lotus.  [just couldn't let it go.]  I was trying to make up a little time because I had the pedestal for the wedding cake.  [mother of the bride called in a panic because she left it in her classroom.  Since I had a key to get into the classroom, she called asking me to bring it]  Add to the fact that I was trying to speed without alerting my passenger to the fact that I was speeding, the last road we traveled on has a speed limit of 30 MPH.  I have gone to the place where the wedding was frequently and never knew the speed limit started when you turned off the main road.  Just after turning onto this road I saw an officer of the law tucked into the edge of a parking lot.  I looked down and saw I was driving over 45 MPH and looked up to see a 30 MPH sign.  I tapped the brakes as he pulled out.  I just took my foot of the gas but that wasn't enough to slow down to the limit.  He followed me a little bit before turning on his lights.  I am sure that he was waiting to see if I would slow down.  My father always told me not to spike the brakes in that situation because that would be an admission of guilt. 

When the lights came on, I pulled over.  I couldn't find my registration or insurance card.  I told him that as I handed him my license.  He asked if I knew why he stopped me and I admitted that I was going a little fast.  He told me I was 17 MPH over the limit.  He told me to sit tight and he went back to his car.  As he was walking away, my friend shouts out "we are late for a wedding".  He ran everything thru the computer, came back and handed me my license, told me to slow down.  As I breathed a sigh of relief, I thanked him and told him to have a nice afternoon.  He followed us to the wedding.  I put on the cruise control and made sure I was not exceeding the limit the rest of the way there.

The ceremony was outdoors along the edge of Lake Erie.  It was a cool day to begin with and then add the winds from the lake which were stronger than normal and you get a bridal party who were chilled.  The girls were all in sleeveless dresses and you could see the goose bumps on their backs.  The bride's godfather is an Army chaplain and he married them.  The groom's best man was his father who he says is his best friend.  Just so many things like that really made it a special day.  I am so glad I got to be part of it. 

So, here is why I almost got a speeding ticket:

It is rather disproportionate.  I think I might add a border to each side to make it a little closer to what I had planned, but for now it is sitting.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 65
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 330
Points 26,945

Diane, hoping that you are starting to feel a little better.  UTIs are no fun and can take so long to completely recover some times.

Darlene

from Western New York

Page 171 of 223 (3334 items) «Prev169170171172173Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use