This post has 3,543 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 239
Points 4,345
lilliepad replied on Wed, Jun 11 2014 6:25 AM

Darlene :

Diane:
I have been feeling bad lately.  Sugar won't go down.  Shakey and light headed

Diane, this does not sound good.  So glad you are going to the doctor.  Praying for resolution soon for you.  Listen to your body and take it easy.

Diane, this doesn't sound good.  Perhaps you are doing too much with work. Please take care of yourself. Let us know what the doc says.

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 239
Points 4,345
lilliepad replied on Wed, Jun 11 2014 6:32 AM

Where is the option to remove email notifications of the posts? Can I just remove some, but not this group? I'm no longer subscribed to the Fabric Swaps group, but I'm still getting all their notifications. Some days there are 50+ emails from them. YIKES!!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,760
Linny t replied on Wed, Jun 11 2014 10:52 AM

lilliepad:

Where is the option to remove email notifications of the posts? Can I just remove some, but not this group? I'm no longer subscribed to the Fabric Swaps group, but I'm still getting all their notifications. Some days there are 50+ emails from them. YIKES!!!

Go to the top of any page and click on the "Home" button, in the reddish bar near the top.  This takes you to your home page.  Then, on the right side of your picture or avatar, click on "Edit My Profile".  In there you'll have a screen where you make changes that has 3 tabs on top.  Click the middle one that says "Site Options".  Page down on that until you see "E-mail Configuration".  Then make your desired changes and don't forget to click "Save" at the bottom, left.

Hope this helps.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,760
Linny t replied on Wed, Jun 11 2014 10:54 AM

Diane:

Went to the doctor.  He said I have a "whopper" of a urinary tract infection.  I'm on Cipro.  I don't feel well at all.  He said my sugar will go down tomorrow. I'm thinking the cortisone shot I got last week may have masked the symptoms.  I is so weird.  I was taking Aleve and Tylenol about every 6 hours.  I would all of a sudden feel like crying.  No pain but I just felt bad.  Then when I took the aleve I would be ok.  Very scary.   I told my doctor if I couldn't see him today I would have gone to the ER.

It's a good thing you went!  Mercy, that one snuck up on you, didn't it?  Hope the Cipro works on it fast.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,760
Linny t replied on Wed, Jun 11 2014 10:58 AM

Robin:
I slept like a log last night with some dreaming but nothing that was disturbing.   I am so thankful for a good nights sleep.
 Glad you finally could really rest.  A good night's sleep can change your perception of everything.

Robin:
Linny,   I always declare by birthday a National Holiday.  Some years I'm more gitty about it than others.
 Now I remember!  It is a National Holiday, to be sure!  Doing anything special?

Hope you got your packing done today so you're free of having to go there and do it. 

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 348
Points 27,220

Stephanie, thanks for the info about Neat.  I searched the guide channel and found it.  I have programmed our DVR to record it for the rest of this week and watched the first episode I recorded tonight.  Tim was skeptical about me watching this.  I think he is afraid I will try to put some of it into practice in our home.  LOL.  I know what areas in the house are out of bounds with organizational skills and know better than to try to work any magic in them.

Spent a good share of the day tackling my crinoline again today.  I have one ruffle totally cut down into strips and wrapped around junk mail to keep it contained until I am ready to crochet it.  I made 5 more scrubbies today and will reach my target by Wednesday before packing time.

I sewed two more rows of the scrappy Lotus together today.  I found the pattern safely tucked into one of my inventory bins yesterday when I was counting things.  Now that I am finished with piecing, I have directions.  The pattern is now put away where it belongs, with the rest of my quilt patterns.

I had lunch at the café where I have items on consignment this afternoon.  The owner asked me to bring more Americana themed items.  She is excited about the product I have there now and is already talking holiday sales.  She wants some pillows.  I haven't done much in the line of pillows because of the cost factor of purchasing pillow forms.  Not sure about that venture.  She was so happy to hear about the tree skirts I have and hopes I will bring some in.  I need to talk to her about when to begin Christmas sales.  I usually start in September at the market.  I am thinking mid October for the café.

We had a sudden down pour this evening while I was preparing dinner. Fortunately it didn't last long but it was rather torrential while it did.  I haven't been down to the dungeon since but I anticipate a small lake.  I guess I should go check it out and do some clean up.

Hope that all are well.  Keep on stitchin" ladies.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,078
Points 66,455
Robin replied on Thu, Jun 12 2014 4:52 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope your day is off to a zippy do da start! (Sorry it pop in my head and I couldn't resist)

I would be up and on my way to school but I've got to go to the dentist around one so packing and cleaning will have to wait until Monday.   Packing is coming along there is just so much to pack.   I'm down to one room and a closet left.   My room at school is 4 rooms all together, each with multiple closets and storage pieces.  And way to much stuff.  My aunt was always about buying supplies and things for a rainy day so I have way to much stuff.  I'm slowly breaking it down and using it up.

I got to talk to the architect yesterday about the room I'm going into and the temporary kitchen they will be putting in.   I also got to talk with him about the room and space I'll be moving in after the remodel.  I'm excited that he seems to understand what I need.

So anyway this morning I'm going to spend the morning working on the scrappy I'm making for my student.  

Have a blessed day.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jun 12 2014 7:09 AM

Diane:

Went to the doctor.  He said I have a "whopper" of a urinary tract infection.  I'm on Cipro.  I don't feel well at all.  He said my sugar will go down tomorrow. I'm thinking the cortisone shot I got last week may have masked the symptoms.  I is so weird.  I was taking Aleve and Tylenol about every 6 hours.  I would all of a sudden feel like crying.  No pain but I just felt bad.  Then when I took the aleve I would be ok.  Very scary.   I told my doctor if I couldn't see him today I would have gone to the ER.

Happy to hear you made it in to see the doctor before you felt like you had to go to the emergency room. That is weird that the cortisone shot masked the symptoms, although I remember one of my dogs having a flea allergy, and it kept her from breaking out and wanting to chew all her hair off. Not sure how it affects the brain and response to infection, but interesting none the less. Makes me sad that you just felt like crying. Maybe the masked pain working it's way to the surface. I hope the Cipro works fast for you. It usually takes me a few days on antibiotics. Seems it gets worse before it gets better. Maybe that's just my reaction to them. Take care of yourself and feel better wishes coming your way.....   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jun 12 2014 7:29 AM

Darlene :
Tim was skeptical about me watching this.  I think he is afraid I will try to put some of it into practice in our home.  LOL.  I know what areas in the house are out of bounds with organizational skills and know better than to try to work any magic in them.

LOL. I get this! I was "sharing" some of the ideas, and he pops up and says he thinks these shows are total nonsense. LOL. I caught the grin behind the remark. We've been married so long I know his mind most of the time. What he was really saying is he's comfortable with things, and doesn't want to join in the effort. LOL. That's ok. I have enough drive for both of us in that area, and can bring him over to my side in due time. And how? Well, he always says he can't find things, and asks me where they are. LOL. I have confined my organizing interests so far to my sewing room, kitchen, girly stuff. My comment to him will be, "Ya know hon, If you take the time to organize your stuff and have a place for it, you'll know where it is." LOL . He has made some strides in his garage, but he'd like to think it was his idea.

Darlene :
Spent a good share of the day tackling my crinoline again today.  I have one ruffle totally cut down into strips and wrapped around junk mail to keep it contained until I am ready to crochet it.  I made 5 more scrubbies today and will reach my target by Wednesday before packing time.

Don't know why, but I was still in a mindset of taking apart the wedding dress. Crinoline is what you use to make your scrubbies with. Duh! That's what gives them the scratchy, scrubby power, right? Someday, you'll have to post a pic for us. I'd love to see some market pic's too...

Darlene :
I sewed two more rows of the scrappy Lotus together today.  I found the pattern safely tucked into one of my inventory bins yesterday when I was counting things.  Now that I am finished with piecing, I have directions.  The pattern is now put away where it belongs, with the rest of my quilt patterns.

Oh, God love you. Isn't that the way things always work out.? At least you were able to finish with your piecing and will have it next time. Have you had any more thoughts on the border?

Darlene :
I had lunch at the café where I have items on consignment this afternoon.  The owner asked me to bring more Americana themed items.  She is excited about the product I have there now and is already talking holiday sales.  She wants some pillows.  I haven't done much in the line of pillows because of the cost factor of purchasing pillow forms.  Not sure about that venture.  She was so happy to hear about the tree skirts I have and hopes I will bring some in.  I need to talk to her about when to begin Christmas sales.  I usually start in September at the market.  I am thinking mid October for the café.

How exciting!!!! Pillows too? Couple of options may be to make them to fit a form, and sell the forms separately, or collect them with coupons. You should really check into getting a wholesalers licence. Does your state/county require permits and licence to be a vendor? Ours does. Even for garage sales.

Hope the rain hasn't left too much clean up in the dungeon....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jun 12 2014 7:37 AM

Robin:
I hope your day is off to a zippy do da start! (Sorry it pop in my head and I couldn't resist)

Now I'll be singing that happy tune all day. LOL. 

Hard to believe you are still working through your aunts old inventory of supplies. She's retired now 3? years? She must have had to stash and dash to keep that budget money coming. They used to do that in a Head Start program that I worked for years ago. If they saved money the budget would be cut, and who knew with inflation if they could fund the next year. So they'd spend every dime to make sure that didn't happen.   

Robin:
I got to talk to the architect yesterday about the room I'm going into and the temporary kitchen they will be putting in.   I also got to talk with him about the room and space I'll be moving in after the remodel.  I'm excited that he seems to understand what I need.

Now that's the best news I've heard all day! Hopefully, he will work some magic for you in your new spaces...

Hope you have a great, happy morning working on your scrappy....and that you have a blessed day as well... 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jun 12 2014 8:06 AM

I fell asleep early and woke up at 2am. Typical for me. Six hours and I'm up. It was raining into the early morning, so at 5 all the lights were on when Mike was ready to get up and going for work. I had a mentally challenging day yesterday, so I decided to light some candles and move forward.

I've had a picture the "kids" got me for Mothers Day. They bought me a gift certificate and I picked it out. Finally, I decided today, it needed to be hung. I took the old one down,  moved the hangers, and patched the holes. While I had the patch stuff out, I went around and found other things that needed patched and will be touched up. My sweet furbabies had played around the long draperies once too often and the rod was coming out of the wall. I had taken the curtains down and finally the rod. More holes to patch. I'm switching to blinds that I can keep lowered, above dog level. LOL. It's a win/win situation, as the heavy drapes kept the room so dark, and washing those monster drapes were a royal pain. I have a triple sliding glass door that are 84" high by about 140" long, so you can imagine the weight of the curtain panel to take down every other month or so to wash and re hang.

Anyway, then I got into the tops of the cabinets and the silk flowers, baskets, and decorative items up there. Dusty, dusty.  I don't know if any of you decorate with silk flowers, wooden baskets, etc. But if you do, Murphy's oil soap is a must for cleaning them. I put a few drops of Dawn dishsoap in as well. You can just swish those flowers around, and it cleans them. The oils in the Murphy's keep that dinge look from resettling on them when they dry.

There's no way I'll be able to tackle all of this today, but just to have a dent in it makes me happy. Have to prioritize with my energies these days. (Older joints. ) These kinds of things are "extras' added on to the normal circle of life in chores. Like laundry, vacuuming, etc.

Well, by now, after zooming around here for 8 hours already, I'm hungry for brunch. And look, the rain has stopped and the sun is shining. Gotta love Florida for that. Rain one hour, maybe sunshine the next...

Anyway, Hope you all are having a lovely morning no matter what you are doing, and your day gets better and better as it goes on....... 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 348
Points 27,220

Stephanie:

Don't know why, but I was still in a mindset of taking apart the wedding dress. Crinoline is what you use to make your scrubbies with. Duh! That's what gives them the scratchy, scrubby power, right? Someday, you'll have to post a pic for us. I'd love to see some market pic's too...

Stephanie, yes the crinoline is what I use for the scratchy part of the scrubbie.  I am challenged today with the computer and couldn't get the picture to upload.  Maybe later.

Actually, the crinoline is from the same friend but a different dress.  The wedding dress I took apart was a straight dress with no fluff.  She also bought an underskirt at the thrift store which was floor length.  Her daughter's dress is tea length and they had to cut off two ruffles.  I have completely sliced and diced one of the ruffles.  The other ruffle is ungathered and wrapped around a piece of cardboard, ready to be sliced. once I am done using what I have cut.  I normally buy petticoat netting which is stiffer than matte netting but no where near as coarse as the crinoline.  I will have to find a place to but the crinoline.  Now that I have used it, I will not want to go back to the others.  I have been cutting a piece of some of the other materials I own and mixing in with the crinoline to stretch it and also to use up what I have.  Whenever it goes on sale, I buy yards at a time.  My friend suggested I go to David's Bridal and see if they would give me the pieces they cut off dresses when altering.  There isn't one in this county but I am not adverse to traveling.  Next time I am near the store that she got her dress for the wedding at, I think I will stop and ask.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Stephanie:
Have you had any more thoughts on the border?

I have kicked around some ideas with my local sounding board and have decided to wait until the top is together and then see if it needs a border.  I frequently do not put borders on scrappy quilts.  We kicked around the idea of doing a random geometrical shape border using the scraps from the blocks.  Thought was that if it is random shapes and sizes, they wouldn't need to line up with the units.  I am on the fence.  I think I need to see it as a whole first.

Stephanie:
check into getting a wholesalers licence.

I have a DBA [doing business as] filed so I could probably get a wholesale license.  Not sure exactly how to go about it.  I do have a wholesale account thru Threadarts which is where I buy most of my thread and when I had an embroidery machine, I got my software there.  I get a discount and any purchase of $99, I do not pay shipping.  So I save up and buy a bunch at a time.  I haven't had to buy thread in a year and it will be another year before I do.  I love their thread and can get 100% cotton thread in cones.  This helps when I am making the microwave bowls and potato bags.  The potato bags are made on the serger, thus the cones.

Stephanie:
Hope the rain hasn't left too much clean up in the dungeon

Fortunately, the rain was so fast and furious that there wasn't much accumulation when I went down.  I spent a few minutes sweeping water.  I have found the fastest way to get rid of the water is to take the broom and sweep it toward the drain.  Easier than mopping.  My mom had an old nylon bristle broom and it works great for this.  In the winter, I turn on the ceramic heater, this time of year, I have a fan which I point at the floor to dry things up when I am down there..  Maybe next week I will have to mop it with bleach water again to kill any bacteria.  Ongoing process but we have figured out a system to deal with it even if we haven't found a way to prevent it.

Well, I need to be moving along to see MIL and take care of her weekly chores.  Now that we are into the nice weather and getting into market mode, she only gets one visit a week.  Usually will be Monday but because I was at the doctor during her visit time this week, we made it today.  Hoping I have the patience I need for her today.  I was up late playing with crinoline and am slow moving today.

Someday, maybe I will get back on some sort of a schedule and sleep normal times.  I feel asleep in the chair again yesterday afternoon and then wasn't tired when I should have been going to bed.  And then there was that crinoline calling me to play.  Blame it on the crinoline.  LOL

Stephanie, you have already had a productive morning.  I hope your energy level remains so that you can get a lot accomplished and still be able to work tomorrow.  Listen to your body and take a break when you need it.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,142
Points 42,705
Diane replied on Thu, Jun 12 2014 9:48 AM

Thanks for the well wishes.  I do feel better today.  The cortisone "fools the body into thinking it's better" and sometimes the body is able to take over.  It sure helps people with some diseases like Lupus and MS where people need to feel better.  It gives the body a boost and sometimes used for a long time.  I have used it for poison ivy which works great.  I'm going to talk to my doc about it when I go again and find out.

• Post Points: 0
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,142
Points 42,705
Diane replied on Thu, Jun 12 2014 9:52 AM

Darlene -I just love the idea about your small business.  It's so nice to find people who are willing to sell your work.  Have you seen the website  "All People Quilt"  or "Sew Daily"?  They give you ideas for what you are doing.  Best of luck.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,760
Linny t replied on Thu, Jun 12 2014 10:45 AM

Robin:
 That must have been a relief.

Robin:
I would be up and on my way to school but I've got to go to the dentist around one so packing and cleaning will have to wait until Monday.   Packing is coming along there is just so much to pack.   I'm down to one room and a closet left.   My room at school is 4 rooms all together, each with multiple closets and storage pieces.  And way to much stuff.  My aunt was always about buying supplies and things for a rainy day so I have way to much stuff.  I'm slowly breaking it down and using it up.
 Sounds like maybe this change will leave you better organized than I bet you've ever been.  

Robin:
 Now I've got it in my head, too, lol.  There are worse songs to get in your brain though.  Hope your dentist thing goes well.

Robin:
Have a blessed day.
 Same back to you..

Linny T

Page 168 of 237 (3544 items) «Prev166167168169170Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use